• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

314832_10150300705027636_502687635_8174636_1328261343_n.jpg

You're Santos?

This reminds me, I forgot to save one of my best Fifa goals today. I scored a volley with Etherington off a Delap throw. I think it was around 25 yards out, top right corner

<3 Stoke

Oxx

I mean, the Euros is only three weeks long, but I'm sure there is plenty of opportunity to fill pages of nothing but 'lol England'.

Kenka

That Swiss Ramble article is really neat.
I love how he pointed out that Liverpool cash-flow before financing is basically crap.

Blablurn

ribery, gomez, neuer, robben, lahm, müller, kroos, badstuber.... so many players have extended their contracts in the last 1-2 years. nobody wants to leave bayern :-o instead more and more people will most likely come to us. dynasty ahead?

Choc

Banned
i told you guys i support sunderland and i didnt get added to list ;_;

maybe next OT or season add Qualified Referees in Thread:

so if those people start shitting on about decisions or talking about them, it gives some level of cred :)

dc89

so if those people start shitting on about decisions or talking about them, it gives some level of cred :)

You a qualified ref?

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/4...utive-chairman-werner-expects-active-transfer
Tom Werner was asked did he want to sign Dempsey. "We never talk publicly about our transfer targets. However, any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad"

Therefore, headlines shall be "Liverpooll chase Dempsey!"

£40M bid incoming!

Well it's easy to miss a post, just send Paul a PM and I am sure he will do it, if he doesn't see this post.

The_Joker

ribery, gomez, neuer, robben, lahm, müller, kroos, badstuber.... so many players have extended their contracts in the last 1-2 years. nobody wants to leave bayern :-o instead more and more people will most likely come to us. dynasty ahead?

nobody pays like bayern....schweinsteiger, lahm, robery, robben and gomez earn nearly 10m. each... messi get's 12,5m.

FootballFan

I used to have one too, I found it on a field where Sunday league is played. Or is this some special whistle?

Hmm maybe it's the same but I doubt it, I think Choc mentioned how they get handed around 3 or so special ref whistles which have higher pitches than normal whistles, so I doubt a ref would leave that behind on the field(where you found it).

bjaelke

Looks like the Spanish media were quick off the mark:
Javi Martinez: "I didn't say anything about being World Champion, that does not go with me. I just told him to stop pointing to the stands"
Hmm maybe it's the same but I doubt it, I think Choc mentioned how they get handed around 3 or so special ref whistles which have higher pitches than normal whistles, so I doubt a ref would leave that behind on the field(where you found it).

It's possible to purchase them as well. I know the Danish fa pays for the equipment for the referees in the Superliga whereas the rest have to finance their own equipment.

Kenka

nobody pays like bayern....schweinsteiger, lahm, robery, robben and gomez earn nearly 10m. each... messi get's 12,5m.

Last year, Bayern paied 157 M&#8364; in wages, that's roughly 50% of their turnover. It's quite good. And all the guys you mentioned are arguably top 5 worldwide materials in their respective position.
So, compared to other big spenders, they don't pay that much on their squad.

And you sure you didn't get beaten by Jason ? ;-)

Kozak

Banned
I used to be a qualified ref up to state level. Cash was good but you have to be pretty thick skinned to handle the emotional abuse considering the supporters can be heard loud and clear.

Unofficial but: Fenerbahce: Club had principally agreed to sign 23-year old Udinese midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah. Current Asamoah transfer fee is 11,000,000 euro.

Would be a solid transfer but I don't know why the club is making such high profile signings when its likely we won't be able to play in the Champions League.

spidye

I'll post this again in the new thread.
barca is supposedly interested in david alaba from bayern. according to the source jordi alba said he doesn't want to leave valencia.
if he joins barca, I will personally come and haunt you fady and footballfan
source= El Mundo Deportivo

neoanarch

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
barca is supposedly interested in david alaba from bayern. according to the source jordi alba said he doesn't want to leave valencia.
You better start paying inflated salaries if you want your stars to remain in Germany. :I
4 posts above one of yours. And my video is clearer.
but my e-peen is bigger
Is Van't Schip in Mexico yet? Honestly I'm kind of excited to see a eruopean coach in mexico. Anything to get us out of this 5-3-1 bullshit everyone is in love with.
No. Every news I hear of him makes me even more worried about this signing.

FootballFan

:lol
You summed it up. Insane match and fuck defence. Those goals looked really easy for some reason

edit

:eek:
But Fady supports Bayern! It says so in the OP.

Seriously though, I haven't seen enough of Alaba, he was great against Madrid but a lot of players have had great games against Madrid.

spidye

:eek:
But Fady supports Bayern! It says so in the OP.

Seriously though, I haven't seen enough of Alaba, he was great against Madrid but a lot of players have had great games against Madrid.

believe me, he's going to be the next huge thing. especially as a lb. I haven't seen a bad game from him after he switched to that position.
too bad he plays for austria and I say this as an austrian. lol
if he played for germany or any other top nation he could have made a bigger impact on the football world.

Choc

Banned
Cool, any chance you would be refereeing in the A-League sometime in the future ?

depends on how much bum licking i do :p

nah seriously probably two seasons away. It's tough, and we have a lot of FIFA nominated guys on the A Panel now.

I am on the C panel (if FIFA blokes are away and the B guys get sick, its my time!)

and yes i take the refereeing fraternity seriously hence a lot of my posts are about them. I also post about decisions sometimes ;)

I notice a lot of nuances with the referees you guys never would (because i also am an assessor for the league below me) such as Howard Webb likes to chat a lot of with players and Atkinson generally resorts to cards first, chat later.

Webb runs closer to the player than Atkinson etc etc. :)

you would be amazed how many british tourists come up to me in sydney walking down the street with a sunderland shirt on going FUCK YEAH AN AUSSIE WITH TASTE

;P

FootballFan

believe me, he's going to be the next huge thing. especially as a lb. I haven't seen a bad game from him after he switched to that position.
too bad he plays for austria and I say this as an austrian. lol
if he played for germany or any other top nation he could have made a bigger impact on the football world.

Alaba singing Baby by Justin Bieber
:lol
And it looks like Babel is recording lol.

edit
depends on how much bum licking i do :p

nah seriously probably two seasons away. It's tough, and we have a lot of FIFA nominated guys on the A Panel now.

That is pretty cool. :D

Bumhead

Banned
Thread title reminds me just how important and epic this Saturday could be. As if my inability to sleep at night didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom