• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

So this is what we have for OT12 titles so far - going to make the thread in about half an hour. Votes for these or any final suggestions?

OT12 | Best thread on Gaf outside of the other 11
OT12 | Thread of Offside-splitting Humour
OT12 | All the clowns were offside...
OT12 | Idiots Abroad

So this is what we have for OT12 titles so far - going to make the thread in about half an hour. Votes for these or any final suggestions?

OT12 | Idiots Abroad

This.

Slizz

OT12 | Idiots Abroad

Another vote for this one.

Messi

You guys see the amazing GIF work Sunhi is going in the NBA and NHL threads. Awesome stuff

nbagafyum9i.gif

resa4gc3.gif

OT12 | Idiots Abroad

My one! Best thread of Gaf outside of the other 11! All the Barcelona team vote for it too.

Nah I like the Idiots Abroad, makes me chuckle.

You guys see the amazing GIF work Sunhi is going in the NBA and NHL threads. Awesome stuff

http://h11.abload.de/img/nbagafyum9i.gif[/mg]

[img]http://h9.abload.de/img/resa4gc3.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Only NBA Messi, it's the only american sport I watch, I don't post in the NHL Thread :)

jtb

Banned
I think if Modric goes to Real Madrid, it means Granero and Kaka (especially Kaka, Granero's probably on low wages and usually plays wide) are on their way out - if they can find a buyer. I imagine Khedira-Alonso-Ozil will remain first choice, with Diarra, Sahin, and Modric as alternates. Destroyer, Pivot, and Playmaker, respectively. I imagine they'd all get a lot of playing time - Mou bought Coentrao, a back up left back, for 40M ffs.

Plus, towards end of the season, Alonso looked exhausted and the only reason Khedira didn't is because he got injured. I'd expect Sahin to play a lot more in Alonso's place and Kaka to get shipped the fuck out at first available opportunity. His wages must be ridiculous...

PaulLFC

Is there a single post with most of those player emoticons in? Will add them to the next OT, if they're spread out over lots of posts though I'll sort it tomorrow.

elsk

Banned

Meier

Real Madrid can fuck off!!

According to Daily Mail they've set aside £55m to secure David Silva and are willing to include Higuain in a cash and player deal.

Damn! Silva is still quite young so there isn't any reason to sell him but I bet that'll be tempting. The cash or the Higuain + cash deal both would entice most all squads.. Clegg is probably right though that any other club would be more inclined under these circumstances.

K1LLER7

I'd sell Silva for £30 million plus Higuain. I'd snap their hand off.

Its a hard call. They'll need to spend money in replacing him and they don't need a striker if they keep Tevez/Ballo/Aguero. Sneijder could be a good buy and shouldn't cost more than 20m. but everyone else of the same or higher quality will cost more than 30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom