• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

iTunes is the worst piece of shit program going. Can someone help me out?

Scenario: Sisters PC died, which had her itunes account all synced. Formatted her PC, so of course iTunes no longer syncs.

Is there ANY FUCKING WAY to just sync music without erasing the whole iPod? She has like a million apps that would also be erased for seemingly no reason other than to piss the user off. I have tried syncing music manually, but that is even more of a pain. Copying over a two playlists that contain the same song? Here, lets copy the same song over twice! Just for your fucking convenience.

I gave my Cowon a hug after this experience.

Scenario: Sisters PC died, which had her itunes account all synced. Formatted her PC, so of course iTunes no longer syncs.

Is there ANY FUCKING WAY to just sync music without erasing the whole iPod? She has like a million apps that would also be erased for seemingly no reason other than to piss the user off. I have tried syncing music manually, but that is even more of a pain. Copying over a two playlists that contain the same song? Here, lets copy the same song over twice! Just for your fucking convenience.

You can't use iTunes to copy music from the iPod to the computer unless you use it as an external drive. If it is an iTouch/iPhone you should be able to backup the phone to iCloud, but this will not back up any music you have, only apps.

Arnie

Don't you patronise him Arnie. I'll hit you.

Maxi-Ramsey.gif

Hixx

Tried using a different programme to sync? I used to use Winamp or something. Long time since I used an iPod tho.

GorillaJu

Use a 3rd party program to download all her songs and videos off the iPod onto the computer. Then, put them in the iTunes library, and sync the iPhone. It'll probably erase the current contents, but the replacement content will be identical, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Alternatively, if they were purchased on the iTunes store, she can just redownload everything, then sync. Just link her account to her iTunes install

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs can't compete with us on transfers due to their wage structure. Not worried about them.

Yes, because you're going to offer an Icelandic kid who's played 6 months of English football a £50k contract. Both clubs would be offering similar terms, if this were Cavani you might have a point.

If we were interested and the two contract offers were in the same ballpark, I'm sure if would be a difficult decision for him.

There are 3rd party programs that will copy music from the Ipod to the Itunes. I can't remember what they're called though, been years since I've had to use one.

Arnie

Yes, because you're going to offer an Icelandic kid who's played 6 months of English football a £50k contract. Both clubs would be offering similar terms, if this were Cavani you might have a point.

If we were interested and the two contract offers were in the same ballpark, I'm sure if would be a difficult decision for him.

It really wouldn't. And I'm just talking about the Brendan Rodgers factor, not any speculative posturing about club size or top trumps style team comparisons.

GorillaJu

It's not the starting wage that'd be the determining factor, but where it caps IMO. If, for example, he became the next Gerrard, he'd be entitled to 120k+ wages. At Spurs his potential tops out at 70k, reportedly.

Clegg

I think SAF has a problem with when making signings in certain areas. We all know about his fetish for wingers. If there is any truth in the Sigurdsson rumours then we can assume that he's graduated to an attacking midfielder obsession.

But still no CM ffs.

Kyoufu

Marvin the Martian signed for Lille after advice from Cabaye. Now hopefully Cabs can get his best mate to join us instead of the more lucrative offers he's going to get after Euro 2012.

Arnie

Reading that Guardian article again, now with a fresh headline of 'AVB sends warning to Spurs', my impression that the man's a bit of a dick head has only intensified. As if Spurs, a club who were publicly unhappy with securing fourth place should be clamouring for a manager who, despite a wealth of resources, struggled to show an ounce of consistency in challenging for a top place.

Marvin the Martian signed for Lille after advice from Cabaye. Now hopefully Cabs can get his best mate to join us instead of the more lucrative offers he's going to get after Euro 2012.
I hope Cabaye doesn't pick his mates based on similarity; I don't think I could handle any more people on a par with Cabaye on the dick head scale.

Hopefully man. I've got a feeling this transfer window is going to be a pretty stressful one for us Newcastle fans :(

On another note, I watched ep1 of Game of Thrones last night. Loved it. Sex, tits, violence, gore, Sean Bean and tits. What's not to love?

elseanio

You can't use iTunes to copy music from the iPod to the computer unless you use it as an external drive. If it is an iTouch/iPhone you should be able to backup the phone to iCloud, but this will not back up any music you have, only apps.

I have backed up to icloud. Do you know if I backup to icloud, erase and sync music (all her music is currently in itunes, as it was backed up on an external drive.. this is simply for any new music she gets) will I be able to restore the ipod apps?

So backed up to icloud
erase ipod
sync music
restore ipod

??

Thanks for all the other suggestions, will look into 3rd party software if I run out of ideas

Edit* Basically, her itunes library (music/apps/photos) is identical to her iPod touch. Howver, because 'this ipod has been synced with another library' keeps popping up, she needs to erase her whole ipod, which says settings for all apps will also go. This will be a problem should she buy a CD and want to transfer it to her iPod

GorillaJu

Signing a player on the back of a good international tournament is dangerous. Competition is the most brutal as they're under the world spotlight and the price (and wages) increases dramatically. Many players have looked genuine world beaters at an international tournament and then flopped horribly at their clubs.

Kyoufu

Reading that Guardian article again, now with a fresh headline of 'AVB sends warning to Spurs', my impression that the man's a bit of a dick head has only intensified. As if Spurs, a club who were publicly unhappy with securing fourth place should be clamouring for a manager who, despite a wealth of resources, struggled to show an ounce of consistency in challenging for a top place.

I hope Cabaye doesn't pick his mates based on similarity; I don't think I could handle any more people on a par with Cabaye on the dick head scale.

Cabaye has a hot temper, but fuck it, what a fucking fine player he is. I don't mind Debuchy being a cunt too if he can give us the quality we need.

Yep, I'm OK with cunts now. I love you John Terry. Lift that Euro 2012 cup!

Signing a player on the back of a good international tournament is dangerous. Competition is the most brutal as they're under the world spotlight and the price (and wages) increases dramatically. Many players have looked genuine world beaters at an international tournament and then flopped horribly at their clubs.

Graham Carr has been watching Debuchy for a year now. In Carr we trust!

Clegg

Hopefully man. I've got a feeling this transfer window is going to be a pretty stressful one for us Newcastle fans :(

On another note, I watched ep1 of Game of Thrones last night. Loved it. Sex, tits, violence, gore, Sean Bean and tits. What's not to love?

I'm almost certain that there were a lot of complaints about how Cersei was portrayed in the first season.

The chief complaint was that Lena Headey wasn't pretty enough for the role.

Fucking ridiculous.

Arnie

I'm almost certain that there were a lot of complaints about how Cersei was portrayed in the first season.

Fucking ridiculous.

About 200 pages left of ADWD Clegg. It's nearly over. :(

Fucking ridiculous.

I don't really know enough about the characters yet to know who you're talking about :lol

Going to blast through season 1 in a couple of days though seeing as the weather in England is fucking shite.

People told me there was a lot of sex in it but I didn't really expect so much nudity (not a complaint)!

I have backed up to icloud. Do you know if I backup to icloud, erase and sync music (all her music is currently in itunes, as it was backed up on an external drive.. this is simply for any new music she gets) will I be able to restore the ipod apps?

So backed up to icloud
erase ipod
sync music
restore ipod

??

Thanks for all the other suggestions, will look into 3rd party software if I run out of ideas

Edit* Basically, her itunes library (music/apps/photos) is identical to her iPod touch. Howver, because 'this ipod has been synced with another library' keeps popping up, she needs to erase her whole ipod, which says settings for all apps will also go. This will be a problem should she buy a CD and want to transfer it to her iPod

If you restore the iPod, and set it up like new from the device, you can access the iCloud backup. For some reason if you restore from the computer, you can only use your hard backup.

Kyoufu

Is it me or is the Euro tournament really left open for anyone to come in and win it?

Spain are great but not invincible. I can see them losing.

Hixx

Fucking ridiculous.

The horrible wig really doesn't help.

Without it?

lena-headey-20080122114233535_1201057237.jpg

ibJgcOxjV02M1.png

GorillaJu

Is it me or is the Euro tournament really left open for anyone to come in and win it?

Definitely! Spain, Portugal and Germany all have the potential to win the tournament. Hell, in a knock out format, even England have a half-decent shot at pulling off an upset.

I can't imagine a better casting for Cersei. I didn't read the books, but for me the actress was absolutely perfect for that role. She even managed to pull off the "I think I'm being devious, when I'm actually being out-played" smile.

Germany have been the only team so far that I really wouldn't want to play based on their performances. It's a pretty open tournament :D

Fucking ridiculous.

I've only seen the first episode, but I remember thinking that the actress playing Cersei would have been better suited to play Catelyn. Again, I've only seen the pilot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Fucking ridiculous.

kA2hw.jpg

Great actress.

I haven't seen GoT, and she's not as pretty as I was expecting Cersei to be going by the descriptions in the books. Then again, I just take into account the fact that she has to be old enough to realistically be the mother of 3 children, and then of course she would be exceptionally pretty by the standards of the otehrs who inhabit Westeros

Mastadon

Banned
I haven't seen GoT, and she's not as pretty as I was expecting Cersei to be going by the descriptions in the books. Then again, I just take into account the fact that she has to be old enough to realistically be the mother of 3 children, and then of course she would be exceptionally pretty by the standards of the otehrs who inhabit Westeros

She looks quite different in the show too to be fair.

Kyoufu

I'm just glad I don't read books, or I'd be another reader that is disappointed by every adaptation on the big screen.

fuenf

All i can say is that i watched GoT before reading the books and TV Cersei fits the books perfectly.

Drunk Cersei is the best Cersei!

Wilbur

Banned
If United or Arsenal hijack the Sigurdsson transfer I will bust a nut. Then I'll bust the other one and continue busting nuts of other people.

Spurs can't compete with us on transfers due to their wage structure. Not worried about them.

Last year United didn't need a center back or another winger but they bought our two prime targets, anyway. Don't think the fact that they already signed Kagawa will deter them if they are indeed considering it. We're talking about only 7m after all. Peanuts for a club of their size.

We definitely needed a centre back in hindsight. Fuck imagine if we hadn't bought Jones, Carrick would have been right back again.
I think SAF has a problem with when making signings in certain areas. We all know about his fetish for wingers. If there is any truth in the Sigurdsson rumours then we can assume that he's graduated to an attacking midfielder obsession.

But still no CM ffs.

I don't think there's any truth in it. We only need a winger if Nani leaves so the Rodriguez rumours aren't making me prolapse my rectum just yet.

Also from the 4 episodes I've seen, the queen lady of the big cavemen is the hottest person currently alive. Helps she's always nakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom