• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Nothing could get rid of that image I have of Saurez cheering when he essentially knocked Ghana out of the World Cup. Henry did a similar thing but the way both players handled themselves after the incident couldn't be further apart.

Who gives a shit what he's like off the pitch though. I mean there is no way of us knowing for sure anyway. He seems like a nice guy, sure, plenty of people seem like they're nice guys.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be considered...just...I think people put too much stock into the "oh look he seems so nice" thinking. Giggs seemed like a perfectly loveable chap for 20 years. However it would appear he is an absolute scumbag.

We don't know these people. Never been sure why football fans are so eager to put so much emphasis on the little we get to see of them away from the pitch.

Suarez is a fantastic player, and he might be nice off the pitch, but he acts like a JT on it. You can't really complain if he gets booed for that. As his wife said in that interview, people judge him based on his behaviour the pitch. He could change that if he wanted to. I think everyone here respects him for his ability.
Pretty much this.

Suarez is responsible for himself. If he started behaving on the pitch and people gave him shit for it, you could have sympathy.

Arnie

Yep, thats the one. Just found it myself.

From 20 seconds on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfoI0MWSZc

Suarez's was playfully silly. That is disgraceful, clumsy, wreckless and numerous other things.

Best thing about that video is who hits the shot that forces Neville to pull a Suarez (funny how nobody cares about that, but cries themselves to sleep when it's Ghana on the wrong end of it):

"Leiva!"

Back then I thought we had an alright Brazilian fellow who'd get a few games a season. Then he became a mainstay and I lambasted him for being too conservative and not having the talents of Alonso and Mascherano. Now he's my favourite player and on the back of my shirt.

PJX

This one? Was on Phil Neville.

pic.jpg

Yep, thats the one. Just found it myself.

From 20 seconds on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfoI0MWSZc

Suarez's was playfully silly. That is disgraceful, clumsy, wreckless and numerous other things.

Wow that was horrible. I missed that game and didn't bother watching the highlights. I agree 100% with you, that is really disgraceful.

Arnie

Because they're just shit.

If faridmon's disappointed with something, he shouldn't be, his expectations should've been set at the arse end of nothing, regardless of any new revelation. They've not made a decent game all generation. Fucking Rare's had a better output than them in the last 5 years through Viva Pinata alone.

PJX

Nothing could get rid of that image I have of Saurez cheering when he essentially knocked Ghana out of the World Cup. Henry did a similar thing but the way both players handled themselves after the incident couldn't be further apart.

But he didn't knock them out thou. It's not his fault Gyan tried to be cheeky and missed the penalty kick. At least Ghana had a chance to win it, unlike Ireland (Henry) and England (Maradona).

"Leiva!"

Back then I thought we had an alright Brazilian fellow who'd get a few games a season. Then he became a mainstay and I lambasted him for being too conservative and not having the talents of Alonso and Mascherano. Now he's my favourite player and on the back of my shirt.

I was on the same boat with that young fellow, now he has me eating crow feet every game.

faridmon

The TWEWY debacle.

I have never supported anything as I have supported SE, and now they just fucked it up.

If faridmon's disappointed with something, he shouldn't be, his expectations should've been set at the arse end of nothing, regardless of any new revelation. They've not made a decent game all generation. Fucking Rare's had a better output than them in the last 5 years through Viva Pinata alone.

You haven't played TWEWY, haven't you?

but you are right, their output on consoles have been bloody shit and they don't deserve any expectation.

Salvadora

I just want a fantastic Kingdom Hearts. Wipe the slate clean & get rid of the Square Enix wank. I mean seriously, The concept is so incredible yet they found a way to fuck it all up.

Messi

Busquets highlight reel against RM yesterday. MOTM imo, Iniesta was great in the second half Busquets was superb the whole game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jqsFwQpzgSQ

Oh Sergio thank you for repaying my faith in you. I wore his kit to the game yesterday. From what I could see he was MOTM with Don Andres close behind. So calm and collected. Some nice flicks which is new for him and little to no simulation (tut tut alexis)

Oh and where is my bail out moneys? I thought we had a contingency plan for my release.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was going to defend Suarez's handball but then I remembered Kwadwo Asamoah was in that game. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I was going to defend Suarez's handball but then I remembered Kwadwah Asamoah was in that game. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
I don't really hold that hand-ball against him.

You can blame him for it because it is cheating at the end of the day but it's no surprise really. It's not malicious I don't think...it really is just instinct.

His reaction isn't that bad either, adrenaline and all that.

I don't know if he apologized later but he probably should have.

Ah ok. I don't think I've played a single game developed by them this gen. They've published some fucking great games though :lol

Wish Rare stayed with Nintendo :( Microsoft are sucking the fun and creativity that came out of that studio in the n64 days. Banjo, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye etc....

Salvadora

I don't want to imagine what could have came out of Rare if they hadn't been sold. Such a sad day that was. They were such a large part of my childhood. Now watching the soulless corpse stumble on is tragic.

Kyoufu

On consoles yes I agree. On handhelds? Nope.

PaulLFC

I don't want to imagine what could have came out of Rare if they hadn't been sold. Such a sad day that was. They were such a large part of my childhood. Now watching the soulless corpse stumble on is tragic.
At least they still get to continue, unlike Sony Studio Liverpool. Thanks, Sony.

faridmon

If this transfer happens, Bloody hell, we have made 4 signings and only 2 main players left for other teams.

Best transfer summer ever? + Baines, Heitinga and Fellaini are staying.

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

Instinct! :p I would pull you down with me if I was falling down the stairs!
Fuck you I'm not falling alone!

Remind me not to be on the same stairs as you.

elseanio

There are many players who are worse than Suarez, but he doesn't do himself any favours. He's more of a pantomime villain that enjoys winding up the opposition and their fans. His will to win makes him irrational and hot headed too. The horror tackle at Ajax, and of course the assault on a player go way over the top, but hopefully that is behind him.

ShogunX

If this transfer happens, Bloody hell, we have made 4 signings and only 2 main players left for other teams.

Best transfer summer ever? + Baines, Heitinga and Fellaini are staying.

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

Looks to have a bright future this lad but this did make me laugh a bit - ''The young forward was more keen on becoming part of Arsenal's highly cosmopolitan squad, but has been guided by his father towards the more lucrative Merseyside option''.

Speaking of kuyt, wasn't there a match were Liverpool got a load I dodgy decisions from a ref, and afterwards it turned out the ref was kuyts next door neighbour or something. Or maybe I'm just making that up lol

faridmon

So, Arsenal are going to put up at least two goals this Sunday, right?

It doesn't matter which net those two goals end up right? Then you are probably right :p

Looks to have a bright future this lad but this did make me laugh a bit - ''The young forward was more keen on becoming part of Arsenal's highly cosmopolitan squad, but has been guided by his father towards the more lucrative Merseyside option''.

Lol, that is funny
it does have some sprinkle of truth since we are going to end up higher on the PL table :p
By the time you see me coming, it's too late.

I was hoping to visit Juventus Stadium someday and watch the team, now I am not sure. I like where my head is situated atm, thank you.

Arnie

Speaking of kuyt, wasn't there a match were Liverpool got a load I dodgy decisions from a ref, and afterwards it turned out the ref was kuyts next door neighbour or something. Or maybe I'm just making that up lol

I've never heard of that but it sounds fucking awesome.

Alucard

Banned
I hope so. Hopefully another week of training have done Giroud/Podolski the world of good. Gervinho is beyond hope.

What's so bad about Gervinho?

Just decided to pay attention to the EPL and Arsenal for the first time since the Thierry Henry days, so I'm learning about the current squad as I go.

ShogunX

I wish this video could be my avatar, just one of the reasons why I love this man, and why I'll get automatically prickly whenever I see him criticised. Sometimes football goes beyond the pitch.

Fucks sake. Your avatar is equally as depressing. The man should still be our manger and it makes me ill every time I think about how we sacked him for Roy Hodgson. Sounds a bit cheesy but Benitez made us all dream and gave us back our identity. Top manager and a top man.

Arnie

It's a shame they didn't end up as teammates.......LOL
Even better, he can repeat the incident in a week.
Fucks sake. Your avatar is equally as depressing. The man should still be our manger and it makes me ill every time I think about how we sacked him for Roy Hodgson. Sounds a bit cheesy but Benitez made us all dream and gave us back our identity. Top manager and a top man.

I know, it's terrible. Didn't deserve to be fired, but the owners and the media had it out for him, so he was fucked. How anyone can question his ability as a manager is incredible to me, think of where we were at as a club before he took over, and then once he'd been incredulously sacked. Think of what he did at Valencia, too. And then suddenly he's not worthy of taking over Spurs, or fucking QPR, just because of 6 months at Inter trying to follow in Mourinho's footsteps.

Wish his name was sung more on the Kop, it certainly deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom