• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
When attackers run into the box before the penalty is taken, a goal kick should be given
When defenders do it, it should be an automatuc booking

Meier

For the Sleeping Dogs players.. look at my Wei. Like a fucking boss..

5846f362ef0611e1a5a612313b0a4c95_7.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lucio was diagnosed with “a complete tear” of his ankle ligament. Which means he's expected to miss several months.

lol @ Juve's penalty. So legit!
I hear Conte showed them countless tapes of Milan 2011-2012. That dive was straight out of Boateng's book.

We missed it anyway, we're obviously not used to taking penalties. ;)
Marotta, you know what you have to do.

He does? :(

snoopen

Rumors of Arsenal bidding for Tiote or Cabaye.. thoughts?

Also, does anyone else read the Blizzard? Is it worth a sub?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol twitter is so pathetic. Now that our goal turned out to be legit, they're clinging to an offside call that led to 'nothing'.

Yurt, midfielder for striker swap ?

Deal. You don't even have to tell me his name, I'll sign the papers right away.

WAIT! Anyone but Macheda!

Meier

I would love Tiote at City but with him missing time during the ACON as well, his usefulness would be significantly diminished.

Either way, we need to get this de Jong thing (and his potential replacement) settled within the next few days..

FootballFan

I guess he had no choice but to say that but goddamn i've hated valdes for ages. Since he had that funny hair that moved in fifa as a matter of fact.

I wish he would get hurt tbh. Pinto is much better.

Wtf you want him to get hurt? I don't even wish on Pepe to get injured, and he is a bigger JT than Suarez, JT and Barton combined from my point of view. Seriously Valdes hate is going overboard now, Julio Cesar better than Valdes? HAH.

Tito isn't going to come out and say Valdes is the 15th best in the world, he wants to raise Valdes' confidence. And no he isn't better than Casillas or Neuer, but I would still rather have Valdes than anyone else.

edit
And that stat about him having the 2nd worst shot per save ratio or whatever, can you blame him when every team plays counterattack and its usually 4 attackers against 2 or 3 defenders, where nearly every goalie would concede.

So do they officially count those pens as assists for Hazard or is it just for Fantasy? Always thought they didn't count those.

I know some websites don't count it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Messi's alt, I knew it! jk but come on man valdes leaves his line way too much on counters. Kinda like that noob friend that holds down y and then is pissed cuz you chipped him, lol. Was kidding about T Hawk but he is more consistent. Im not worried b/c if VV stinks it up this year again, even the Catalans will turn on him. I want Bravo the dude on Sociedad. btw, Tito > Pep...

Jabo

I hear Conte showed them countless tapes of Milan 2011-2012. That dive was straight out of Boateng's book.

We missed it anyway, we're obviously not used to taking penalties. ;)

Maaaaaaan you could have said Gilardino and I would have agreed and lol'd. Prince is too cool to dive #swag #superiormoonwalk #getonmylevel

IN OTHER NEWS LOL AT TITLE

Robinho will sure get something. The dude's on fire lately.

FORZA MILAN!

Best player in the pre-season so I'm hoping for him to explode.

scently

Personally, while the injury is terrible, I am quite glad Roo is injured because right now he is not on form and if he is available he will always be in contention for selection, but as he is not available it will force the team to adapt and learn to play with Shinji and RVP. Ultimately the best situation would be a formation whereby we can use Rooney, Shinji and RVP and get the best out of them. It might mean a drastic change to the way we play, but if we can get all three ticking properly the we will have a good campaign I feel.

Lakitu

st5fu
Arsenal fans, I've got a great suggestion for you. I think you're going to love it.

Just hear me out. Joe Cole. It does make sense if you think about it. Had a half-decent season in Ligue 1 last year with Lille, he's British, he'd be cheap (£2-3 million) and he would be very popular with the fans. Ok, wages might be a problem but Wenger could convince him to take a pay cut, if not he can pay all his wages. I reckon he'd be a hit with you guys. You'd also be doing your old chums Liverpool a favour by getting him off our books. But yeah, HE'D BE GREAT FOR YOU.

“I can rule out any interest or negotiations for David Villa,” director general Beppe Marotta told Mundo Deportivo.

“He is a great player, but not the type we are looking for. We want a striker in the style of Edinson Cavani or Llorente, who are our primary targets along with Edin Dzeko.”
Another Cavani tease, Marotta? You rascal.

LTWheels

Arsenal fans, I've got a great suggestion for you. I think you're going to love it.

Just hear me out. Joe Cole. It does make sense if you think about it. Had a half-decent season in Ligue 1 last year with Lille, he's British, he'd be cheap (£2-3 million) and he would be very popular with the fans. Ok, wages might be a problem but Wenger could convince him to take a pay cut, if not he can pay all his wages. I reckon he'd be a hit with you guys. You'd also be doing your old chums Liverpool a favour by getting him off our books. But yeah, HE'D BE GREAT FOR YOU.

Buy now, and get Charlie Adam for FREE!

bjaelke

Just in about two years, Neymar reportedly bought a $750,000 triplex and a $2 million mansion in a gated community, both located in the Northern Coast of the state of Sao Paulo; a $150,000 flat in Sao Paulo, capital district, and a Porsche Panamera Turbo, which came with a price tag ranging from $400,000 to $550,000. He also gave the 18-year-old mother of his only child a penthouse worth about $1 million in Santos, plus $15,000 per month in child support. But the icing of the cake was his purchase of a ridiculously expensive second-hand Italian yacht, which cost him a reported $8 million, not to mention its maintenance expenses of roughly $120,000 per year and an average decrease in value of 5% to 10% by year, according to people familiar with the matter.
hpkuO.gif

Guys, my North American launch 60gb PS3 is dying. :(

Any rich oil czar in footy-GAF want to buy me a new one?

This shit and we're probably not going to get a striker? Tough times, guys. Tough times.

Bought my 360 one year after launch and I replaced it no fewer than 3 times (twice for red ring issue).

My PS3 has served me well. It's the reason I'm going to stick with Sony next generation, I reckon.

When I booted it up this morning it was working like a charm but I know its days are numbered. Keeping an eye out for deals. Might alternatively wait to see if there's a bundle with Fifa 13 at 199 or whatever the current price is. I really don't need a new controller and all that shit though. Just give me the goods.

I hope there's a price drop with this new model, though, but I could do without it being a ghetto ass toploader. Stay classy, Sony.

Jimrpg

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but you should watch Match of the Day. It's a weekly BBC show that has highlights and analysis of all the EPL games from Saturday, with longer spots given to the better/higher profile/more exciting games. Compulsory watching for any British citizen. I think most people watch their team's game and maybe 1 or 2 more, and catch up on the rest through MotD. There's even usually discussion here during it.

Match of the Day is compulsory viewing for all premier league fans.

If Eden Hazard doesn't get player of the month, there is something wrong with the voting process... he's been brilliant so far. This guy is the closest thing to Messi in the prem... I knew he was going to be good - but i didn't expect him to hit the ground running this quick... amazing acceleration, amazing pace, ball control. Him, aguero, mata, silva taking the league to the next level. Loving the collection of younger players at Chelsea... Oscar, Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Marin, Sturridge... hoping Hazard keeps up this form cause its great to watch.

And what a performance from my team - Everton... for once no one is injured and the engine is ticking... and I felt the game really changed after gibson was taken off... I don't think Moyes is going to play 442 again with Jelavic and Mirallas up front and Fellaini in the def mid role. Fellaini has to play as support striker... the funny thing is you would think they would just pump balls up to him all day long but Everton put the ball on the deck and played some great stuff for the three goals and for the first 60 minutes Everton were all over Villa.

Chelsea are going well, again, at the start of the season. But the real test for this new team and Di Mattaeo is what I dub 'The November Curse'. Going back over the time since Mou left, Chelsea commonly begin to break down going into November before repairing themselves and finishing decently in the spring. I first noticed it under Scolari, and it continued to happen afterwards, including last year. If they can get through the winter decently, they'll be right up there to win the league considering their start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom