• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

valeo

Arsenal need to hurry up and pay what Monaco want for Lemar...

Lemar plus an actual defensive midfielder and I'd be reasonably happy with the window. Need to get rid of all the deadweight too.

We are not buying a 'defensive midfielder'. I'm sorry, but it just won't happen. I want a Cazorla replacement.

Cpt Lmao

I have to disagree. He's below average. City getting robbed.

2012 Young Player of the Year award.
2x feature in PL team of the season, one of those last year.
One of four members of the best defence in the PL.
Best RB in the league.
Homegrown.
Being sold to a rival.

But yes, sure. He's "below average" and City "got robbed. He's not even the weakest in the starting eleven, that would be Dier.

Spurs are pathetic for selling Walker, and potentially in serious shit if they don't buy a good replacement. Trippier still yet to prove that he's more than just a cross merchant. Kyle-Walker Peters still yet to prove he is anything.

Best RB in the league.
Homegrown.
Being sold to a rival.

But yes, sure. He's "below average" and City "got robbed. He's not even the weakest in the starting eleven, that would be Dier.

Spurs are pathetic for selling Walker, and potentially in serious shit if they don't buy a good replacement. Trippier still yet to prove that he's more than just a cross merchant. Kyle-Walker Peters still yet to prove he is anything.

Agreed. Spurs showing once again they are a tier-2 club.

Beefy

Perisic getting closer to joining Utd. I would laugh if the Martial thing is true

---------------

Milan have made a bid for Sanches. €5m one year loan with €40m to make it permanent. (Di Marzio)

NHale

Perisic getting closer to joining Utd. I would laugh if the Martial thing is true

I would laugh if United is getting Perisic period. If they gift Martial for that guy then Mourinho and Ed Woodward should be fired today.

Seriously I don't see the need or fit for Perisic especially at the reported price tag for him. If it was less than £15M, I guess it would be a good price for depth, but unless United is going to play with 3-5-2 I don't see how Perisic would fit that fucking team.

Lindelof, Lukaku and Perisic and no defensive holding midfielder. I look at the signings and Lukaku at best is slightly worse than Ibra, Lindelof can't play without a leader alongside him which isn't Bailly and Perisic is not better than Mata, Rashford or Martial (if he isn't pouting).

casiopao

Milan's back four is looking nice, Rodríguez, Musacchio, Bonucci, Conti.

This year Serie A is going to be crazy.

While Juventus.....signing is so damn slow.T_T This is like the last time we lost UCL final again hiks. Everything just can't go right when that happen.T_T Hope we get our signing faster this time.T_T

RocknRola

This year Serie A is going to be crazy.

While Juventus.....signing is so damn slow.T_T This is like the last time we lost UCL final again hiks. Everything just can't go right when that happen.T_T Hope we get our signing faster this time.T_T

Juve has a damn fine team already, though Bonucci leaving was not expected. Still, as long as the core team is still there it should be fine. Fully expecting a 7th consecutive title, even if Milan (which may take a while to get going since there are so many new players), Roma and Napoli get better.

Juve has lost great players in the recent-ish past like Pirlo, Evra, Pogba, Vidal (and more) but has managed to maintain it's quality (two CL finals, even if they didn't win them, in 3 years is not something many teams can claim for example) so it should be more than fine :)

Loris146

Juve has a damn fine team already, though Bonucci leaving was not expected. Still, as long as the core team is still there it should be fine. Fully expecting a 7th consecutive title, even if Milan (which may take a while to get going since there are so many new players), Roma and Napoli get better.

Juve has lost great players in the recent-ish past like Pirlo, Evra, Pogba, Vidal (and more) but has managed to maintain it's quality (two CL finals, even if they didn't win them, in 3 years is not something many teams can claim for example) so it should be more than fine :)

Roma lost two really important players : Rudiger and Salah. They are trying to sign Defrel right now. He is not even near Salah level.

Best RB in the league.
Homegrown.
Being sold to a rival.

You mean to tell me the English league isn't overrating another player.

RocknRola

Roma lost two really important players : Rudiger and Salah. They are trying to sign Defrel right now. He is not even near Salah level.

True, true. All in all, Juve *should* be fine, really. Roma lost some strenght, Inter looks like a hot mess, Napoli is a good team but not quite good enough (yet, at least) and Milan is the only real unknown factor. With so many new players I expect them to take a while to get going, but they could just as easily flop or do great, who knows.

nitewulf

We are not buying a 'defensive midfielder'. I'm sorry, but it just won't happen. I want a Cazorla replacement.

I thought Xhaka is a defensive midfielder? He totally didn't live up to expectations but at the tail end I saw glimpses of some potential. There will never be a Cazorla replacement buddy...he's such an amazingly talented, yet perennially underrated player. He deserves to win the title at least once.

I thought Xhaka is a defensive midfielder? He totally didn't live up to expectations but at the tail end I saw glimpses of some potential. There will never be a Cazorla replacement buddy...he's such an amazingly talented, yet perennially underrated player. He deserves to win the title at least once.

Xhaka is not your regular defensive midfielder. He's more like a deep playmaker or long passer.

He's more like Pirlo who needs a 'protector' like Gattuso in Milan or Vidal in Juve.

casiopao

Well, Juventus indeed had always loses great player and we always changed them with better or not the same level player all these recent year.^^

But, this time our main problem which is CMF to help Khedira,Pjanic and Marchisio is not signed at all. Bernadeschi deal also does not seems to go anywhere.T_T Our deal on Schick also seems to be facing trouble right now with medical test and heart problem on Schick.

With all our core player aging, i hope that Juventus will be able to maintain the same performance as last year here. And of course extend more of our title win into 7 consecutive win.^^

Roma and Inter seems to in hot mess if u ask me right now. I am more scared about Napoli actually as not only they sign some player, their core player is literally unmoveable. Insigne, Milik, Hamsik, and Mertens all actually remain in Napoli. This year is going to be damn tight considering last year the point is already all so damn close. For Milan, they would probably need some time to gel first then the next season, they are going to be the biggest danger if you ask me.O_O

Devil

Hope we don't sell Sanches yet, he barely had the chance to shine. Though I have no idea what the club is thinking on how to give him some playtime. Our CM is super crowded with James, Vidal, Thiago, Tolisso, potentially Kimmich and Martinez.

On the other hand, the rumored 5 + 45M€ would mean a plus of 20M€ in just one year after we bought him lol.

casiopao

Hope we don't sell Sanches yet, he barely had the chance to shine. Though I have no idea what the club is thinking on how to give him some playtime. Our CM is super crowded with James, Vidal, Thiago, Tolisso, potentially Kimmich and Martinez.

On the other hand, the rumored 5 + 45M€ would mean a plus of 20M€ in just one year after we bought him lol.

Juventus seems keen to want to loan Sanches there lol. Who knows if we can get him too lol.^^

Moobabe

Mitchy wrecking shit.

Maybe we don't need a striker after all!

Don't suppose you've got a link?

Edit

Also

Happy about Baka signing this morning. But let's talk about Auba - is he really that good? I've seen the stats but rarely had the chance to see him play.

Would he be a better fit for us than someone like Morata?

Jack cw

Goretzka will join us next year, and unless Vidal leaves, which is highly unlikely, the midfield is stacked. Sanches was a risky bet and it didn't work out. Loan ok, but I think Bayern tries to get rid of him.

DBT85

Alexis Sanchez: "I want to play in the Champions League. The decision isn't down to me, I need to wait for Arsenal."

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Alexis Sanchez: "I want to play in the Champions League. The decision isn't down to me, I need to wait for Arsenal."

Twisting his words a bit there. He was asked if he wanted to play in the Champions League, and he said of course he does, who doesn't? However, he's an Arsenal player and will sort things once he's back in London.

Obviously the question was aimed at drawing this exact quote so they could take it out of context and use it to fuel the story further.

sammex

VVD loves posing with Liverpool fans whilst on training camp with Southampton - at least a few photos on social media. Not v classy IMO.

Yep. Think some Liverpool fans need to move on. His mate had to go private on Insta as he was getting harassed by Liverpool fans

Sucks if that was the reasoning. I just thought he did because he kept liking pictures with VVD photoshopped into LFC gear and posting cryptic messages alongside pics of him and Virgil.

sammex

He's just posing with fans, nothing wrong with it.

You don't think it's disrespectful to your fans? He's clearly interested in the transfer to us but he's your captain, he could always say not with your LFC shirt on. I'd not be happy if it was the other way around.

Beefy

Sucks if that was the reasoning. I just thought he did because he kept liking pictures with VVD photoshopped into LFC gear and posting cryptic messages alongside pics of him and Virgil.

Nah, every pic on his insta had 100's of comments all from Liverpool fans going on about Van Dijk to Liverpool. His notifications must have been mad

You don't think it's disrespectful to your fans? He's clearly interested in the transfer to us but he's your captain, he could always say not with your LFC shirt on. I'd not be happy if it was the other way around.

Never had a problem with players wanting to leave. Only when they start to bitch and moan to the press annoys me. Him taking pics with Liverpool fans is nothing. Lovren and Lallana were the only two to piss me off.

Top Bottom