• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBison

I don't get it. VVD is great at heading and it looks like that's why he's our no1 to help with set pieces. But Lovren is shite from just about any situation so even if we didn't fix our set piece problem with an aerially dominant CB, he'd still improve us. Just need someone with a brain.

I 110% think it's the left back. I'm physically shaking with anger any time I see Moreno on the team sheet. I want to protest outside of Anfield, send the board emails, take out an ad in the paper. Absolutely anything to get rid of him. He is brainless. Absolutely brainless.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I 110% think it's the left back. I'm physically shaking with anger any time I see Moreno on the team sheet. I want to protest outside of Anfield, send the board emails, take out an ad in the paper. Absolutely anything to get rid of him. He is brainless. Absolutely brainless.

I'm convinced Moreno has seen something seriously incriminating on Klopp's hard drive. I literally can't think of an other explanation of why he is still there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
aqYtfy7.gif

That's some fine keeper work haha. Now please keep a clean sheet.

Thats awful

I'm convinced Moreno has seen something seriously incriminating on Klopp's hard drive. I literally can't think of an other explanation of why he is still there.
Lol.

I gonna try and be optimistic on Moreno because it doesn't look like we'll get another lb this season. I'm just hoping he got a brain transplant to help stop the stupid shit he always does.

sammex

I don't care if Sakho took a shit in Klopp's cereal. We need him back.

It would instantly strengthen us but I can't see it happening. Saying that, Moreno is still here and starting games so...

Yeah it defo makes things worse for Lovren but he was making mistakes all last season with Milner there. Milner/Robertson wouldn't have stopped Lovren clearing the ball straight to their player which lead to the goal.

Labadal

Bad: Mignolet, Moreno, our defending, our passing,

Good: Firmino, Mane, Salah, Can, TAA, Matip

We shouldn't have stopped playing. We let them get some momentum.

MikeBison

Mane really has gone up another level since arriving. From day 1. Must be a painful one for Saints fans. £35m is a fucking steal.

Having said that, he did look like he couldn't be arsed half the time at Southampton. Was my concern when we signed him, but not a solitary sniff of that for us.

Mane really has gone up another level since arriving. From day 1. Must be a painful one for Saints fans. £35m is a fucking steal.

Having said that, he did look like he couldn't be arsed half the time at Southampton. Was my concern when we signed him, but not a solitary sniff of that for us.

Its that klopp magic

Beefy

Play 4-2-3-1 all pre season and the first couple of games. Change that formation for 3 at the back and play like shit. 🤔

Beefy

Only trouble with Mane if he can't be arsed you know it. Just hope you can keep him being motivated.

sammex

and now he's our most consistent player. Every single game he brings it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Mane is having one of the best individual performances I have seen since Suarez 4 years ago

That the Kevin Palmer piece? He's been one of the most vocal Soton mouthpieces in saying VVD won't come to us under any circumstances. Softening of position?

Just because they should probably sell him, doesn't mean it will be to us. If he goes, it will be to chelsea.

MikeBison

Mane is having one of the best individual performances I have seen since Suarez 4 years ago

Just because they should probably sell him, doesn't mean it will be to us. If he goes, it will be to chelsea.

He specifically mentions Liverpool. His previous pieces have always been 'anyone but'.

sammex

That the Kevin Palmer piece? He's been one of the most vocal Soton mouthpieces in saying VVD won't come to us under any circumstances. Softening of position?

He specifically mentions Liverpool. His previous pieces have always been 'anyone but'.

Yeah last line is interesting

We have long gone beyond the point of conflict resolution in Van Dijk’s shattered relationship with Southampton, so if a £70m offer was made by Chelsea or Liverpool in the coming days, all parties in this messy and unpleasant spat would be wise to end their war and go their separate ways.

grasping at straws here

Markitron

I can't watch Moreno at LB all season. I just can't.

My plan is a bottle of Jack Daniels for every game he starts.

Edit: I wonder how much we are gonna charge City for TAA next summer.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Does Nagelsmann punish his defenders if they clear the ball in training? That would be the only logical explanation for how stupid they act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom