• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

"Targeting"

Sy2vsGX.gif

also the band did a boxing themed halftime show

5R8VHl8.gif

News gets worse for Michigan, hopefully dude can recover fine:

Michigan QB Wilton Speight has 3 broken vertebrae and will likely be out the rest of the season.

ag-my001

I’m on vacation with the family. Someone enlighten me please.
Chris Peterson complains that the late kick times prevent east coast reporters from giving west coast teams proper attention. Also that the kids are getting back home in the wee hours of the morning.

Herbstreit counters that they should be thanking ESPN for extra exposure (late night games get better ratings than those up against the east coast afternoon slot).

Game announcer doubles down about Washington playing cupcakes (complete with actual desserts), then compares them unfavorably to Alabama's schedule (despite both of them playing the same team).

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...is-petersen-pac-12-scheduling-kirk-herbstreit

Rvaan

Banned
I'm on vacation with the family. Someone enlighten me please.

A few Ohio State recruits said that OhioSt needs to let the backup QB start over JT. Herbie called them out. One of them doubled down on it and said if Herbie and OhioSt have a problem with him voicing his opinion he's sure other schools won't. ESPN and Herbie then went after the kid again.

Edit: OH you wanted the OTHER dumb thing Herbie did.

andycapps

A few Ohio State recruits said that OhioSt needs to let the backup QB start over JT. Herbie called them out. One of them doubled down on it and said if Herbie and OhioSt have a problem with him voicing his opinion he's sure other schools won't. ESPN and Herbie then went after the kid again.

Edit: OH you wanted the OTHER dumb thing Herbie did.
Yeah you're talking about the stupid thing Herbie said a few weeks ago.

andycapps

I just want to know how all those ESPN personalities that all fell in line feel today. Hope they feel good and I hope they're getting paid well to suck that dick.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The ESPN / Washington stuff was interesting. Watching the game last night and the two commentators were roasting Petersen for how much of an asshole he was this week -to them-. Saying how he couldn't even give them any time at all for media availability to the commentators that most coaches give during a week yet complained about the way the media did their job.

Have never heard Mark Jones say a negative word about anybody at all during one of his games until last night. I was shocked by how unfiltered it was. Actually on Mark Jones side on this one, its kind of ridiculous to complain about the media when you don't even give media the basic courtesies other head coaches do.

The ESPN / Washington stuff was interesting. Watching the game last night and the two commentators were roasting Petersen for how much of an asshole he was this week -to them-. Saying how he couldn't even give them any time at all for media availability to the commentators that most coaches give during a week yet complained about the way the media did their job.

Have never heard Mark Jones say a negative word about anybody at all during one of his games until last night. I was shocked by how unfiltered it was. Actually on Mark Jones side on this one, its kind of ridiculous to complain about the media when you don't even give media the basic courtesies other head coaches do.

Wtf does this have to do with anything? Lmao

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
All that football and all my friends can talk about is that video of the chick reaching into that dude's paints at the South Cack game.

tebunker

Banned
I wish Saban and Daboll could have Jalen watch Alex Smith and say, "this, you can do this and do it better! " Just watching the KC game and you can see the same flashes in Jalen but he just needs that little more. I get it dude is 19, but I just want to see him take that next step.

Jombie

I wish Saban and Daboll could have Jalen watch Alex Smith and say, "this, you can do this and do it better! " Just watching the KC game and you can see the same flashes in Jalen but he just needs that little more. I get it dude is 19, but I just want to see him take that next step.

He might could if he didn't have terrible pass protection.

tebunker

Banned

Its not great but he definitely regressed this week to 2016 Jalen. He put his eyes down a little too fast instead of stepping forward and letting the tackle carry the end past like he's supposed to do.

Hoping Daboll can use that tape to help him.

ryseing

I have an exam tomorrow night, when I normally do these things, so next week's OT is already done and will be posted in the AM.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
A bunch of economists were asked what they thought would happen if athletes got paid beyond what is currently paid.

That's weird as it just presupposes a wild wild west if this were to happen (didn't have time to in depth study)?

Like they could pay the players, but have it be a set agreed upon amount for all players at all schools at the same rate.

Some of it is this, but a lot is on Jalen as well. I was at the game. Our tackles would run the edge rushers around to give Jalen time to step into the pocket, which he does better now than before. But there are often times where he gets spooked when there isn't really much pressure on him and he rabbits. On one play, out LT threw his hands up in frustration because Jalen ran into a defender from a relatively clean pocket.

He's keeping his eyes downfield and rifling the ball when he runs, which is progress, but he needs to cut down on feeling the need to run in the first place. When he actually stays in the pocket, he's been pretty damn impressive.

Entire offense played meh, so I'm hoping it was just one of those games. In a weekend where Michigan and Oklahoma lost, and even Clemson looked less dominant than they should've, I'm just happy to have got out with the win.

andycapps

That Tennessee player that kicked Trey Smith in the face has been indefinitely suspended and Booch is announcing that in his press conference today. So that should be a fun conference.

andycapps

@danharrelson said:
Butch Jones: "I thought it was one of the best bye weeks we've had in a long, long time."

Well it's not possible to lose on a bye so I guess it could be worse.

@wesrucker247 said:
Butch: “You don’t have to get a physical rep to get a rep. You can get a leadership rep.”

#LeadershipRep

Top Bottom