• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

Rvaan

Banned
Here is my SEC dream

Next game, Alabama vs A&M final score 59-7
Kevin Sumlin immediately fired

Second game, Alabama vs Arkansas score 66-10
Brett Bielema immediately fired

Third game, Alabama vs Tennessee score 59-3
Butch Jones immediately fired

Fourth game Alabama vs LSU 66-0
Ed Orgeron immediately fired

Fifth game Alabama vs MS State 55-2
Dan Mullen immediately fired

Sixth game Alabama vs Mercer 0-227
Nick Saban immediately fired

added some extra flavor to it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
added some extra flavor to it.

Real talk though, Alabama could name their score against Moo State and they wouldn't fire Mullen. He's probably got a job there as long as he wants. Their AD seems smart enough to know as soon as he's gone, anyone they replace him with is going to be a big downgrade.

cdyhybrid

4F5wovI.jpg

Cornballer pls

Northern Ill is getting the ball back down by 6 to San Diego st. 4:30 left in the game

Possible upset alert?

E: Intercepted by San Diego at the San Diego 10 yrd line.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Northern Ill is getting the ball back down by 6 to San Diego st. 4:30 left in the game

Possible upset alert?

Both have been pretty good in recent seasons, I wouldn't call it an upset. I'd have guessed it would be a good game and would have had it up to watch, but I don't get CBSSN.

Velcro Fly

Colorado should have let them score after they picked up that last first down. Still only an 8 point game if they score the TD and kick the XP.

Ducks burned through so many players this game, with the potential of both Herbert, an incredible starting QB, and TD-leading RB Freeman both out due to potential broken collarbones. This win against Cal came with so much cost.

I'm having trouble envisioning Alabama not being able to name their score on any teams in the country that aren't Clemson and potentially Georgia. And I don't think either can score on us in bunches anyways.

Chris Ash is a disgrace to the coaching profession.

Dude is like all woe is me, I inherited a crap roster, and I don't have the players for my scheme when the dude in 2 years against Michigan, OSU, and PSU is being outscored 278-0.

That's a disgrace, even the Sisters of the Poor would back their way into a field goal or something.

tebunker

Banned
I am not sure any team left on Bama's schedule is gonna score more than a TD against them. The Barn is capable but I am not sure Bama's D is gonna let em.

I guess Saban should send Mike Bobo a thank you card for waking the defense up.

ag-my001

I think A&M is going to give Alabama fits next week. I see a late touchdown closing the gap to 42-17. Alabama will go home shaking their heads wondering how they could have beaten us so poorly.

andycapps

Ryseing- did you get a gif of the butt fumble Tennessee had yesterday?

Ed Orgeron on #LSU's first play.

"I was not aware we were going to do that." pic.twitter.com/P0ec5QdM6b

— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) October 1, 2017

How is a competent head coach not aware of the entire scripted opening drive, much less the first play?

Chris Ash is a disgrace to the coaching profession.

Dude is like all woe is me, I inherited a crap roster, and I don't have the players for my scheme when the dude in 2 years against Michigan, OSU, and PSU is being outscored 278-0.

That's a disgrace, even the Sisters of the Poor would back their way into a field goal or something.

9YedXW8.gif

KGoY2AQ.gif

Rutgers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Always strange to me that Rutgers is so bad. You'd think either Rutgers or Cuse would have to be good as they're has to be talent in the NY/NJ area especially with that population. You'd figure they'd just luck out eventually on some kids.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I am not sure any team left on Bama's schedule is gonna score more than a TD against them. The Barn is capable but I am not sure Bama's D is gonna let em.

I guess Saban should send Mike Bobo a thank you card for waking the defense up.

It would be funny if Colorado State was the team to score the most points on this team.

Similar to Alabama giving up a season high amount of yards and points to FCS Georgia Southern in 2011.

ag-my001

Always strange to me that Rutgers is so bad. You'd think either Rutgers or Cuse would have to be good as they're has to be talent in the NY/NJ area especially with that population. You'd figure they'd just luck out eventually on some kids.
I wonder if a survey of that area would show kids more interested in basketball, just like how there's been a shift to football away from baseball in the south and west. Might also have to do with there not being a regional north east college power to draw talent and "rise the tide" for everyone else.

Heck, in New England you're going to split talent with hockey.

Lunar15

Georgia's looking real competent. They might avoid making FL/GA the usual shitshow of errors it's been for the past few years.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wonder if a survey of that area would show kids more interested in basketball, just like how there's been a shift to football away from baseball in the south and west. Might also have to do with there not being a regional north east college power to draw talent and "rise the tide" for everyone else.

Heck, in New England you're going to split talent with hockey.

I figure that's the case right now.

Still with like 30 million people you figured you'd luck out just by pure chance on some good athletes.

tebunker

Banned
It would be funny if Colorado State was the team to score the most points on this team.

Similar to Alabama giving up a season high amount of yards and points to FCS Georgia Southern in 2011.

If this d playes to the level of the 2011 D I wouldn't want to be an opposing offense. Yeah we may get a Bama v Clemson rematch in the title gamembut Clemson may not score at all and Bama might win 9-0 😳

I wouldn't complain at all.

Alabama's got 4 stops left on its Dead Man Walking tour:

Ole Miss: Matt Luke
Texas A&M: Kevin Sumlin
Arkansas: Brett Bielema
Tennessee: Butch Jones
LSU: Ed Orgeron

Funny that the coaching in this conference got so bad so quickly, yet Saban currently has the two best coordinators he's ever had.

We tend to play with more vanilla schemes in those smaller games, in order to work on fundamentals. And we were down like 5 defensive starters in the CSU game this year. But still, damn.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Funny that the coaching in this conference got so bad so quickly, yet Saban currently has the two best coordinators he's ever had.

We tend to play with more vanilla schemes in those smaller games, in order to work on fundamentals. And we were down like 5 defensive starters in the CSU game this year. But still, damn.

D. Hands Twitter:
God is good🙏🏾 Be back sooner than later 🤐

Butch jones still employed :(

That whole process made no sense. Fired dude in Sept to get jump on coaching search. Tried to hire one dude who took a better job, accept defeat hire internim who wasn't great at being an internim.
You missed the last step..

Proceed to give interim a 12 million dollar buyout so you can't fire him immediately and are possibly stuck with him for at least two years.

I don't think top recruits are gonna wait that long to see Ed shown the door. Nick (and his successor) and Herman are gonna break down that wall around the state and we might see LSU start to even become Rutgers (to go along with the current conversation and assuming the admin can stop the bleeding).

Daboll is a hack. I give credit to the talent and Saban in general than Brian

D. Hands Twitter:

Awesome. So it was probably a sprain. Even in a severe case, he'll miss like 3 games at most. And the way our schedule is set up this season, that doesn't actually hurt us. If anything, gives us a chance to bring up some more depth since we burned Ray's redshirt last night.

Daboll is a hack. I give credit to the talent and Saban in general than Brian

Nah. He's called a phenomenal offense since the FSU game. He wasn't great in the NFL, but he wasn't horrible. He didn't have much to work with on his stops there. If nothing else, he's actually developing Hurts (and Tua) and teaching him the offense. Even under Kiffin, our offense rarely looked so dominant, especially in back to back weeks.

Top Bottom