• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

Another team's fans being spoiled is a weird thing to find funny when it typically comes at the expense of your program lol. But hey. Laugh.

Georgia's gonna beat Florida by at least 4 TDs. At least.

Georgia is so bad agains the Gators. I’ve gone to 7 Fla Ga games and Florida won 6 of them. Florida is going to run all over them again. The stadium was so empty in the second half the last two years I could actually use my cell phone to talk shit. At least when Georgia thinks its good I can actually sell my friends family tickets at a good price.

El_Chino

Another team's fans being spoiled is a weird thing to find funny when it typically comes at the expense of your program lol. But hey. Laugh.
I tend to laugh at spoiled fan bases because when they do lose the meltdown is sweet.
weird you ignored the bandwagon comment

Just a friendly reminder, the sun doesn't shine forever.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If we hadn't fumbled in Tennessee game as we were driving to put the game away I think we'd be ranked in the top 20. As it is if we beat Miami after another bye week we'll be ranked anyways.

Also seeing the OSU game is at 1pm est in a bunch of ticket sites, which is nuts. On the plus side tickets have gone down $60 since I first started looking, assume they'll drop more if they lose to handily to wiscy

Rutgers was absolutely nuts with their dynamic pricing policy.

So many unsold seats for OSU that Rutgers was asking $300 for.

Georgia is so bad agains the Gators. I’ve gone to 7 Fla Ga games and Florida won 6 of them. Florida is going to run all over them again. The stadium was so empty in the second half the last two years I could actually use my cell phone to talk shit. At least when Georgia thinks its good I can actually sell my friends family tickets at a good price.

Run blocking will decide this game. If we can run on Georgia like we usually do, I like our chances. If not, shit's over because we sure as fuck won't be tackling their runners.

I want to see both teams get like 200+ rushing in this one.

Run blocking will decide this game. If we can run on Georgia like we usually do, I like our chances. If not, shit's over because we sure as fuck won't be tackling their runners.

I do not see this happening. Georgia’s defense is fucking bonkers, it’s the best part of our team right now.

I’m cautious cause I know how things go in Jacksonville, but on paper I like our chances.

Slo

Illini Football's Twitter account just posted a congratulatory message to a WR for reaching the 1600 career receiving yards milestone.

That must be the NCAA all time record or something, right?

andycapps

Teams have been doing pretty great at rushing this year, until they play us. So we'll see what happens.

You guys really cling to prior year results for some reason. It's really weird.

Florida has rushed for 350+ yards against UGA the last two games.

Like this. What the fuck does this have to do with anything lmao

I tend to laugh at spoiled fan bases because when they do lose the meltdown is sweet.
weird you ignored the bandwagon comment

Just a friendly reminder, the sun doesn't shine forever.

Oh, I'm aware. Which is why I'll enjoy the hell out of it while we have it good. Alabama won the natty the year I was born and then descended into the mediocrity I'd known my whole life until Saban came to Tuscaloosa. I know the drill.

Didn't comment on the bandwagon comment because I'm from Mobile. Which I've shared here before. Not that it'd help you in anyway if I wasn't.

You guys really cling to prior year results for some reason. It's really weird.

Lol you know you said the same thing last year. Past, Present, and Future the Gators shit on Georgia. Georgia still clings to wins before UF was even a school. Wait do you really not get the concept of talking about previous year results, did you see the Kentucky game?

Lol you know you said the same thing last year. Past, Present, and Future the Gators shit on Georgia. Georgia still clings to wins before UF was even a school.

Feel like ahead of last year's game, I said the matchup was a toss up.

Obviously, anything can happen, but I'm not sure anyone can look at the performance of the two teams this season and argue Florida should be even remotely favored.

But no, last year's results don't have any bearing on this year. Me even having to say that is odd as hell.

El_Chino

Reading these responses like

tenor.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Florida wins. They should have lost to Tennessee and Kentucky. They should probably lose to Georgia too but who knows what kind of crazy might go down.

Kevtones

Lost amidst losing like 6 starters yesterday Oregon dominated Cal in a way USC couldn't. Like what I'm seeing from the lines but we're down our top RB, 3 WRs ,and top 2 QBs - gonna be rough.

Tough 5 game stretch to lose Herbert though. Yikes.

Didn't comment on the bandwagon comment because I'm from Mobile. Which I've shared here before. Not that it'd help you in anyway if I wasn't.

Gotta say, it would be a lot cooler if you came up in Mobile and somehow turned out an Auburn fan. Though, I doubt it's THAT rare.

I went over to Birmingham around when Malzahn jumped on board, and no matter where I went, affluent or not, it was like flag flag flag flag flag. And almost like a chess board, too. Auburn - Bama - Auburn - Bama.

Was a beautiful sight for a CFB fan.

Gotta say, it would be a lot cooler if you came up in Mobile and somehow turned out an Auburn fan. Though, I doubt it's THAT rare.

I went over to Birmingham around when Malzahn jumped on board, and no matter where I went, affluent or not, it was like flag flag flag flag flag. And almost like a chess board, too. Auburn - Bama - Auburn - Bama.

Was a beautiful sight for a CFB fan.

Believe it or not, most of my family (on my dad's side) are Auburn fans. My mom was brought up a Bama fan, and my dad, being the youngest of 9 children, cheered for a different team just to be different from his siblings lmao. I lucked out and was raised right, though it was during a rough time in the program's history. Made winning that first Saban title in '09 even sweeter though, especially since by then my family was living in Texas. My classmates hated me that offseason lmao

Quake1028

Shout-out to Malik Davis, our true freshman RB. Dude is going to be a BEAST in the coming years.

I saw him last year in a game with Jesuit against Jefferson and the kid was ridiculous. The only thing to wonder was whether high school skills were going to transfer to college but it seems they have.

andycapps

Nonsense. Cal is playing much sounder football under Coach Wilcox, and this is the best passing attack we'll have seen so far this season. It will be a tough test.
I'm gonna have to disagree, friend. There is no way Washington loses to Cal. Lock of the week.

Feel like ahead of last year's game, I said the matchup was a toss up.

Obviously, anything can happen, but I'm not sure anyone can look at the performance of the two teams this season and argue Florida should be even remotely favored.

But no, last year's results don't have any bearing on this year. Me even having to say that is odd as hell.

Zero bearing cmon and the other guy saying zero chance of gators winning lol. There are tons of students from last year roster on the teams still. Knowing your opponent and exploiting their weakness definitely helps. Also the coaching aspect of how they played last years game and how to adapt. Further the mental aspect. Knowing you can beat a team because you did it before is huge. Look at Tennessee, they had that feeling of dread knowing the all too familiar feel of choking to the gators last time at the swamp and in clutch time that definitely came into play.

Also what’s up with you attacking our opinions passive aggressively by point out it’s weird and odd you have to argue this. It’s just an opinion man.

Zero bearing cmon and the other guy saying zero chance of gators winning lol. There are tons of students from last year roster on the teams still. Knowing your opponent and exploiting their weakness definitely helps. Also the coaching aspect of how they played last years game and how to adapt. Further the mental aspect. Knowing you can beat a team because you did it before is huge. Look at Tennessee, they had that feeling of dread knowing the all too familiar feel of choking to the gators last time at the swamp and in clutch time that definitely came into play.

Also what’s up with you attacking our opinions passive aggressively by point out it’s weird and odd you have to argue this. It’s just an opinion man.

What happened in a football game last year doesn't have any bearing on what will happen in one this year. Teams improve. Teams get worse. Balls bounce differently. Injuries happen. Sometimes those injuries make you worse (Florida), and sometimes they arguably make you better (Georgia with Fromm at starting QB). Suspensions happen. 5*'s don't work out. Coaches adapt. Players play above or below themselves because *who knows how, it just happens*.

Looking at the football that is being played this year and completely disregarding it in favor of "BUT LAST YEAR(S)" is stupid. But it is an opinion, and yes, you are entitled to it.

Top Bottom