• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

Time for buckeye fans to have a change of opinion on FPI
9/24/17
3dec2999-9aae-462d-ae25-9ff5a27ab424.png

I think we can all agree FPI is a joke.

andycapps

Best performances from this week according to CFB Analytics. Takes opponent strength into account.

Tbv1ujO.jpg

dDFVqHQ.jpg

05sU6Ae.jpg

Maybe some decent ones for the OP?

J17vLI7.jpg

w6Lm9vq.gif

lush

Maryland beer girl delivers. Was expecting one of those "creepy espn cameraman lingers in fan section too long" gifs but this, pure talent.

Lunar15

Wasn't able to post this weekend but fuck-off at that Florida/Kentucky game. We in no way deserved to win that game, but at the same time lol Kentucky.

While this season is some kind of weird, hellish, fever-dream, it's still interesting to see some young talent start to emerge. Toney in the wildcat is the kind of risky gamble I think fans have been wanting to see. Davis has shown to be a pretty interesting running back. Of course, this means fuck all when we start playing the tougher teams in the schedule, but I have to take what I can get this season.

The decision to take Franks out still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. People keep telling it's because Del Rio "knows more of the offense", but why is that the case? This is what I was worried about when they took forever to announce Franks as the starter. They never had confidence in this kid and it's showing. He didn't have any turnovers and I can't honestly say that Del Rio did anything better than he did.

El_Chino

Wasn't able to post this weekend but fuck-off at that Florida/Kentucky game. We in no way deserved to win that game, but at the same time lol Kentucky.

While this season is some kind of weird, hellish, fever-dream, it's still interesting to see some young talent start to emerge. Toney in the wildcat is the kind of risky gamble I think fans have been wanting to see. Davis has shown to be a pretty interesting running back. Of course, this means fuck all when we start playing the tougher teams in the schedule, but I have to take what I can get this season.

The decision to take Franks out still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. People keep telling it's because Del Rio "knows more of the offense", but why is that the case? This is what I was worried about when they took forever to announce Franks as the starter. They never had confidence in this kid and it's showing. He didn't have any turnovers and I can't honestly say that Del Rio did anything better than he did.

Only thing I could say, just by looking at both of them, is that Del Rio looked more comfortable in the pre-snap and in the pocket. It seems they open up the playbook more with Del Rio. Franks was missing pre-snap checks and got happy feet a couple of times.

Quake1028

Duke is a victory away from being in the top 25.

They have Miami at home on Thursday night. Let's rewind to the last time Duke hosted Miami and got jobbed...

Friday night.

Hurricane Irma fuckery. Rescheduling USF/UConn caused other parts of the conference schedule to be reshuffled. I guess Sunday was a better option schedule wise for them, IDK.

What's an NFL.

ECU and UConn played today. I'm not even sure what the AAC is doing.

The UCONN stadium was not available Saturday. They had an MLS game between NYCFC and the Houston Dynamo.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smith, who reportedly was the ringleader of the group, faces five counts of fraud, including swindling property valued at under $20,000 and impersonation (using or possession of a person’s identification without consent), plus three additional impersonation charges. The others face only the first two counts each.

Defensive linemen Jordan Smith is the Smith mentioned.

Lonestar

y1DtbwX.jpg

The Week 4 Imperial CFB map

(it's where teams claim the land of their opponents if they beat them)

SlPNw2u.gif

Season progression

Welp, I'm getting a good reminder today of why I took more than a year off GAF, and why I'm better off not participating in this place. Just not a good, productive, or pleasant place to have a conversation anymore - especially on any issue that's even remotely sensitive or tough to discuss. (Which happens to be a lot of them these days!)

Unlike last time, I'll give you great folks a proper goodbye, so later taters. If you want to stay in touch, Floyd knows where to find me.

BC

Welp, I'm getting a good reminder today of why I took more than a year off GAF, and why I'm better off not participating in this place. Just not a good, productive, or pleasant place to have a conversation anymore - especially on any issue that's even remotely sensitive or tough to discuss. (Which happens to be a lot of them these days!)

Unlike last time, I'll give you great folks a proper goodbye, so later taters. If you want to stay in touch, Floyd knows where to find me.

BC

:(

Hey I agreed with your views in the Anthony Weiner topic!

BC

WHERE DO WE FIND YOU

Lonestar

BC

quitter

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

BC

Just don't leave the CFB threads. Simple.

Well they definitely deserved to lose. Leaving two guys completely uncovered for TDs was amateur hour. Still, they look pretty crisp on offense and pretty good overall.

LDR can read pre-snap defenses better and make protection calls. Franks can't.

Now he's starting against Vandy and I bet he won't look very good and everyone will be screaming for Franks again.

What a shitshow. McElwain is one of the luckiest coaches alive.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
In what ways? Is it off the county breakup of each teams original area, or the fact that it's an antiquated look at an Imperialism landgrab?

I like the idea of the land grab.

I think the bigger issue is that you lose everything, so beating a team that just lost (or has only beat teams that just lost... and that can chain out a long ways) isn't worth much.

I love the idea of a power map, it's just so all or nothing it ends up being weird.

Lonestar

Well, it does seem like teams have a chance to win back territory, if they beat teams that have acquired some.

I imagine the map is going to look funky after about 8 weeks of this.

I'd put out a premise of forcing teams to move to an outside territory, if they've lost the homestead (see LSU, Florida and OSUn)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Comparing this season's 3-game OOC schedule to last season, our defense has given up 372 fewer yards and 51 fewer points, and our turnover margin has gone from 0 to +7. Would look even better if we hadn't gone full go-prevent-and-run-the-clock mode for the last quarter against Houston and gave them an extra 14 points and 149 yards.

Offense has been a bit sluggish at times for sure, but we're 3-0 right now and last year's team would probably be 1-2, and the improved defensive play is a huge part of that.

andycapps

BC

That's why you don't post outside of this thread.

But really pm me.

clav

BC

Completely understand.

Take care of yourself.

Top Bottom