• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

Can they even afford to get rid of him? All of that fake "Texas has contacted me" shit a couple of seasons ago was a masterstroke by his agent.

Probably not, even if they did they wouldn't be able to afford a top flight replacement. They'd have to do what Cal did and take a chance on a young coordinator.

Velcro Fly

Don't know that I've ever seen both possessions in an OT go one and done like that but Wyoming over Hawaii.

Also was not aware that Hawaii/Wyoming was a rivalry game complete with trophy. Saw some players with a trophy after the game and had to look it up.

cdyhybrid

Andrew Greif‏ @AndrewGreif 32m
Oregon is 1-of-11 today on third down against the country's 129th-ranked third-down defense.

phdj7of.gif

Stanford put up over 300 yards rushing, including 263 on 30 carries by love.

I guess after the first half versus A&M it shouldn't be surprising, but my god is UCLA bad at run defense.

Edit: Stanford with 401 yards rushing at a healthy 9.1 yards per carry.

cdyhybrid

I guess after the first half versus A&M it shouldn't be surprising, but my god is UCLA bad at run defense.

I was mildly worried about the UCLA game before the season, but I don't see any way they can win in Seattle unless their run defense makes a significant improvement.

ag-my001

Edit: Stanford with 401 yards rushing at a healthy 9.1 yards per carry.
Wait, you're saying A&M should have... kept running the dang ball? Madness.

The updated rankings just go to show how lose-lose the Iowa-ISU game is for Iowa:

Preseason Rankings
AP: 0 votes for Iowa
Coaches: 5 votes

Week 2 (Iowa 1-0 after beating Wyoming)
AP: 3 votes (+3)
Coaches: 8 votes (+3)

Week 3 (Iowa 2-0 after beating ISU)
AP: 2 votes (-1)
Coaches: 4 votes (-4)

Week 4 (Iowa 3-0 after beating North Texas)
AP: 2 votes (nc)
Coaches: 6 votes (+2)

Week 5 (Iowa 3-1 after losing to Penn State)
AP: 16 votes (+14)
Coaches: 9 votes (+3)

Gotta love the coaches rating LSU ahead of Mississippi State. It's awfully hard to remember that game they played, what with it being a whole week ago.

Uconn........

I'm going to fucking throw up

Comeback from being down 21 to 41

Charge all the way down the field with two timeout. Miss manage the clock. Take a field goal to tie it at the 10 yard line

Miss it. Lose.

Fuck my life

The fpi is like using one of those Japanese male sex toys. It may technically be better, but I'm going to avoid you when you constantly mention how good it is.

jfkgoblue

FPI has been proven to make no sense so it's not worth trying to make sense of it.

I still love this defense, they gave up a total of 10 yards in the 2nd half. if O'Korn can keep up the solid play I'll start to feel better about our chances this year.

FPI has been proven to make no sense so it's not worth trying to make sense of it.

I still love this defense, they gave up a total of 10 yards in the 2nd half. if O'Korn can keep up the solid play I'll start to feel better about our chances this year.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it feels like it's usually pretty good by season's end. I just don't get why it spends like the first 3/4's of the season being completely fucking asinine.

Karl2177

The updated rankings just go to show how lose-lose the Iowa-ISU game is for Iowa:

Preseason Rankings
AP: 0 votes for Iowa
Coaches: 5 votes

Week 2 (Iowa 1-0 after beating Wyoming)
AP: 3 votes (+3)
Coaches: 8 votes (+3)

Week 3 (Iowa 2-0 after beating ISU)
AP: 2 votes (-1)
Coaches: 4 votes (-4)

Week 4 (Iowa 3-0 after beating North Texas)
AP: 2 votes (nc)
Coaches: 6 votes (+2)

Week 5 (Iowa 3-1 after losing to Penn State)
AP: 16 votes (+14)
Coaches: 9 votes (+3)

It's almost like underperforming loses you votes and overperforming gains you votes.

Top Bottom