• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

AntoneM

Let's try to find some common ground. Can we at least agree that years of systematic child molestation and the University of Iowa are equally terrible?

Iowa is terrible... but all that means is that NDSU is probably the best college football team in the ND, SD, MN, IA, MT, WY and NE area (and all of Canada, but that's a gimme)

jfkgoblue

P12N has two problems which lead to its bad distribution, it is 100% conference owned which means it doesn't have a Fox(BTN) or ESPN(SEC) muscling it onto basic cable. There is also the fact that west coast sports fans just don't care as much as southern and midwestern fans

ironmang

So much salt for a team that has no-one from the paterno era. But yeah let's keep drive by shitposting rolleyes.

As for the game... give Iowa credit. 20 points yet gave up 500 plus yards. Should of been a laugher.

So many football teams and you homer for the one that enabled a child rapist for decades. But, sure, something is wrong with the rest of us and not you.

ryseing

Screw the Pac-12 Network. I can weasel my way to watching every other one with family logins, but not that channel.

That's what I mean by I can't get it haha. Have FS1 open in the background for UDub/Colorado but P12 Network? Nope.

Complain to your provider. I get all the Pac12 channels on Sling though. Thanks Dish Network!!

Eh, the two games a year I would watch on it aren't worth it.

jfkgoblue

I guess it's weird how in NW Ohio I can get P12N with my cable provider but not NBATV or NHLN. I'm just too cheap to spend $9/month for it.

P12N has two problems which lead to its bad distribution, it is 100% conference owned which means it doesn't have a Fox(BTN) or ESPN(SEC) muscling it onto basic cable. There is also the fact that west coast sports fans just don't care as much as southern and midwestern fans

Also they can't secure any of the top tier conference games, so that mostly negates the outcry potential of people missing something important like USC v UCLA or the Apple Cup.

cdyhybrid

Also they can't secure any of the top tier conference games, so that mostly negates the outcry potential of people missing something important like USC v UCLA or the Apple Cup.

Yep. The best P12 games go on ABC/ESPN/FOX and air at 8pm Eastern at the earliest. Yes, everything's on TV but they're not really getting that much out of it.

Slo

Iowa is terrible... but all that means is that NDSU is probably the best college football team in the ND, SD, MN, IA, MT, WY and NE area (and all of Canada, but that's a gimme)

Honestly, I'm not sure if 50% of those states actually have teams or if you're just fucking with me.

It's hilarious how PAC 12 fans try to downplay the importance of being available Direct TV. "Oh they are a shitty provider no one cares". Um, and other providers are amazing? Lmao. Bottom line is direct TV is one of the nations largest providers and PAC 12 network is not available on direct tv. They need to make a deal with them or they'll continue to struggle. If LHN can do it so can they

It's hilarious how PAC 12 fans try to downplay the importance of being available Direct TV. "Oh they are a shitty provider no one cares". Um, and other providers are amazing? Lmao. Bottom line is direct TV is one of the nations largest providers and PAC 12 network is not available on direct tv. They need to make a deal with them or they'll continue to struggle. If LHN can do it so can they
Fuck Spectrum.

cdyhybrid

I dunno many fans who say that. Seems the consensus on the coast (at least based on following P12 market media types) is that the network is underperforming and the conference is blowing it.

If they agree to terms with DTV they'll have to redo all the contracts they have with other providers - that's why they don't do it.

I dunno many fans who say that. Seems the consensus on the coast (at least based on following P12 market media types) is that the network is underperforming and the conference is blowing it.

If they agree to terms with DTV they'll have to redo all the contracts they have with other providers - that's why they don't do it.

Yep, I don't know too many Pac-12 fans that support or defend much of what goes on with the conference from a business and administration standpoint. Tom Hansen got a ball rolling in a shitty direction and Larry Scott hasn't done much to stop it.

I dunno many fans who say that.it.
A PAC 12 fan in CFB GAF said it a couple weeks ago. Anyways, I get the contract hang ups, and that reworking them would probably be a net-loss. LHN went through that crap for a few years but now it's available on all providers, although depending on where you live you may have to buy the Super top of the line sports package but at least it's possible to purchase, unlike the PAC 12 network on DTV

AntoneM

If Pac 12 met DTV terms they would be required to renegotiate all other carrier terms. It's DTV that doesn't want to agree to the same contract as all the other Pac 12 carriers, and that's ok. My favorite thing to get the DTV sales people off my back is to lead them on by saying I love football, but that DTV's lack of Pac 12 network means I will never sign with them.

cdyhybrid

UW defense smells blood.

A PAC 12 fan in CFB GAF said it a couple weeks ago. Anyways, I get the contract hang ups, and that reworking them would probably be a net-loss. LHN went through that crap for a few years but now it's available on all providers, although depending on where you live you may have to buy the Super top of the line sports package but at least it's possible to purchase, unlike the PAC 12 network on DTV

They'll probably meet in the middle next time TV contracts are up, but I doubt they're willing to dump all the existing contracts just to get on DTV. They're caught between a rock and a hard place.

Top Bottom