• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

jjasper

Remember that time Butch Jones had Alvin Kamara, John Kelly, and Jalen Hurd and played Hurd as the starting RB even though he was begging to be moved to TE. LOL

ag-my001

Alabama's got 4 stops left on its Dead Man Walking tour:

Ole Miss: Matt Luke
Texas A&M: Kevin Sumlin
Arkansas: Brett Bielema
Tennessee: Butch Jones
LSU: Ed Orgeron

Funny that the coaching in this conference got so bad so quickly, yet Saban currently has the two best coordinators he's ever had.
It's weird, but the farther into the season we go, the more I'm okay with giving Sumlin one more year. The UCLA game was a mess, even accounting for the loss of our starting QB. But since then we've (shockingly) seen second half adjustments on both sides of the ball. I believe the commentators said we've been playing something like eighteen freshmen, as well as a bunch of sophomores. I'll want the rest of the season to play out, but seeing real improvement, even if not in the record, seems desirable with the rest of the conference a mess.

It's weird, but the farther into the season we go, the more I'm okay with giving Sumlin one more year. The UCLA game was a mess, even accounting for the loss of our starting QB. But since then we've (shockingly) seen second half adjustments on both sides of the ball. I believe the commentators said we've been playing something like eighteen freshmen, as well as a bunch of sophomores. I'll want the rest of the season to play out, but seeing real improvement, even if not in the record, seems desirable with the rest of the conference a mess.

I like Sumlin as y'all's coach. I don't want him fired and hope he turns it around (against everyone but us, obviously). He's gotta toughen up y'all's squad mentally, though.

In his defense, he's never had a team that was as much a head case as Orgeron's LSU is right now. That's a shitshow even I'm taken aback by.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

You guys are quietly 4-1 and 2-0 in conference. Barring a meltdown I doubt Sumlin gets fired this year, since other schools are in worse positions so it will probably be a really competitive/difficult time to be searching for a coach.

cdyhybrid

I don't think y'all have beaten a team with a winning record yet. One team you faced beat you like a drum, at home.

To be fair, the ones Alabama has beaten are Vandy and Colorado State :p

Those stats are pretty pointless until you get into the meat of the conference schedule.

jjasper

Opening Odds for Tennessee's next coach:

Chip Kelly 3.25-1
Bobby Petrino 4.5-1
Jeff Brohm 4.5-1
Mike Norvell 7.5-1
P.J. Fleck 8-1
Bob Stoops 9-1
Tee Martin 9-1
Les Miles 10-1
Dan Mullen 18-1
Jim Bob Cooter 18-1
Brian Kelly 25-1
Peyton Manning 100-1
Lane Kiffin 100-1
Not sure who I would bet on.

El_Chino

PJ Fleck or Tee Martin for sure.

Too bad Peyton Manning isn't coaching even though I still think he will one day. I feel the same way about Tebow as well.

Also, Scott Frost is a name to look out for as well.

FBS Undefeateds:

Power 5 teams:
Clemson
Miami
Oklahoma
TCU
Penn State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Washington
Washington State
Utah
Georgia
Alabama

Mid-Majors:
USF
UCF
Navy
UTSA
SDSU

Winless Teams. (P5 teams in Bold)
Baylor
Charlotte
UTEP
U-Mass
Bowling Green
Nevada
Georgia Southern

Remind me to not leave this thread again.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand: Yeah, Rutgers sucks this year. We'll suck next year. Then the year after. In Year 5, Ash will be hired and hopefully our administration will finally get a clue and hire a proven head coach with a modicum of offensive ability.

If Zamar Wise's commit holds, between him & Lewis, at least one of them will hit. Too talented for one of them to not hit. Get a decent QB, and we can at least not terribly suck.

Remind me to not leave this thread again.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand: Yeah, Rutgers sucks this year. We'll suck next year. Then the year after. In Year 5, Ash will be hired and hopefully our administration will finally get a clue and hire a proven head coach with a modicum of offensive ability.

If Zamar Wise's commit holds, between him & Lewis, at least one of them will hit. Too talented for one of them to not hit. Get a decent QB, and we can at least not terribly suck.

I can't see Wise sticking around.

People on the Premium RU Rivals board think he's solid since apparently he grew up with RU as his dream school. I don't believe any commits until the fax comes through on signing day.

I'm wondering how long before Hobbs calls the banners and starts sending feelers out for donations to get rid of Ash.

As bad as Flood was, he'd accidentally get his team in the endzone unlike Ash.

El_Chino

4 teams from the state of Florida ranked in the AP poll and one is not F$U. That's unreal.
Wait, did you just use "$" to make fun of FSU as a Miami fan?

tenor.gif

jjasper

Too bad Peyton Manning isn't coaching even though I still think he will one day. I feel the same way about Tebow as well.

Prior to the year I thought that if USCs offense was good Tee would end up being the coach but I think shit is so bad right now + USCs offense looking suspect at times has ended that.

I actually think I would bet Petrino. I didn't think he would leave Louisville again but with the shit going down there he can jump ship without any kind of PR backlash.

ryseing

This is the most fun I've had in quite some time making one of these OTs. Y'all will see why.

Lastish call for things to put in it (I already have a title). Already have the butt fumble.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Isn't Tebow notorious for being a complete moron?

Georgia's gonna beat Florida by at least 4 TDs. At least.

Maybe, but Georgia has a way of giving Florida gifts. We also have a bye before them as usual.

Biggest concern is match-up between a defense that can't fucking tackle and an outstanding running team. Hope Randy Shannon figures out how to teach his guys how to wrap up or the ball-lickers will run for 200+ on us.

We're going to have to be efficient on offense, for sure, mixing up short, intermediate and long passes with solid running. Townsend will be crucial in field position.

It just sucks - I have no confidence in this staff. I could see them coming out of a bye with poor preparation and results; getting smashed. I could also see our players performing well, in spite of the coaching, and winning by a field goal.

Isn't Tebow notorious for being a complete moron?

You try being raised by fervent evangelicals and see how intelligent you grow up to be.

Chip Kelly 3.25-1
Bobby Petrino 4.5-1
Jeff Brohm 4.5-1
Mike Norvell 7.5-1
P.J. Fleck 8-1
Bob Stoops 9-1
Tee Martin 9-1
Les Miles 10-1
Dan Mullen 18-1
Jim Bob Cooter 18-1
Brian Kelly 25-1
Peyton Manning 100-1
Lane Kiffin 100-1

Kiffin is probably the best option there. I don't know if Tennessee would hire a USC/Bama guy, but they should probably give that guy a shot.

El_Chino

Maybe, but Georgia has a way of giving Florida gifts. We also have a bye before them as usual.

Biggest concern is match-up between a defense that can't fucking tackle and an outstanding running team. Hope Randy Shannon figures out how to teach his guys how to wrap up or the ball-lickers will run for 200+ on us.

We're going to have to be efficient on offense, for sure, mixing up short, intermediate and long passes with solid running. Townsend will be crucial in field position.

It just sucks - I have no confidence in this staff. I could see them coming out of a bye with poor preparation and results; getting smashed. I could also see our players performing well, in spite of the coaching, and winning by a field goal.

You try being raised by fervent evangelicals and see how intelligent you grow up to be.
McElwain seems to have Georgia's number thus far and like you said, UGA seems to forget how to find against us in Jacksonville. I still don't see a 4 TD blowout no matter what.
Sorry in advance.

But not really, fuck Florida.
Lol Bama fans really do crack me up with how spoiled they are. Also because it's hard to tell who jumped on the bandwagon or who was there before Saban arrived 🤔
I could definitely be wrong, especially since I'm a rival fan, but i thought he was known for being nicer than you would even guess and dumber than rocks.
I don't know about his personal life but I always thought he was definitely football smart. Kind of like Winston.

Top Bottom