• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal wanted the Sanchez-Sterling swap deal, not Manchester City. Pep Guardiola never entertained the idea.

jL77JoO.gif

TimmmV

It is infuriating at times, but it does look like something he can grow out of. Regardless, I'm not Mignolet's biggest fan, but specifically dividing our cups/PL campaigns with different goalies doesn't sound like something Klopp would be all that interested in, unless there's more going on in the dressing room than we know. We'll definitely see come next week.

In Karius' defense, the entire system changes when he plays, so it seems like Klopp is also forcing him to play in a way that might expose his weaknesses more than if he played more like Mig

At the start of last season when Karius was playing i can remember the defense lining up as a 3 spread across the edge of the box whenever there was a goal kick, and just kind of waiting around looking clueless as Karius played the ball short and then invited a load of pressure. That stopped when Mig came back into the team, but was right back again against Arsenal the other week

It seems really unlikely that the entire defence changes the way they play just because the GK has changed

Quite why the team plays that way though, I have no idea. It always looks like they're on the very edge of a mistake leading to a goal

No Kompany against Liverpool. FFS.

If Pep puts a winger in a wing back position I'm not watching it, I usually have Liverpool games as a write off but good fun to watch but fuck that shit.

T-Rex.

Banned

If Pep puts a winger in a wing back position I'm not watching it, I usually have Liverpool games as a write off but good fun to watch but fuck that shit.
Do you think he'll play De Bruyne deeper again or change the system? De Bruyne's one of my favourite players to watch, but I don't think he's particularly suited to that role. No Kompany and KdB playing that deep would give me massive confidence ahead of the game.

Then again, it kind of feels like we're due a loss in one of these big matches.

TimmmV

City usually do ok against us at home, wouldn't write this one off. Its at Anfield where City don't turn up fsr

Do you think he'll play De Bruyne deeper again or change the system? De Bruyne's one of my favourite players to watch, but I don't think he's particularly suited to that role. No Kompany and KdB playing that deep would give me massive confidence ahead of the game.

Then again, it kind of feels like we're due a loss in one of these big matches.

I think Pep wants KdB permanently to be a deep lying playmaker with the ability to link into build up he started and reduce the need for four player build up, I don't see that changing as he needs to keep playing to fine tune his game in that area.

I personally want to see the 4-3-3 against Liverpool. with Mendy, Walker, Stones, Otamendi (I don't like them playing together but no other option), Fernandinho, KDB, D Silva, Bernado, Sterling, Jesus. So once the play is in full attack it would look more like this:

Mendy - Sterling - Jesus - Bernado - Walker
----------------D Silva - KdB
-------Stones - Fernandinho - Otamendi
-------------------Ederson

With Walker and Mendy traveling the wings, Jesus always pushing the line ready for through/long balls, Silva and KdB responsible for pulling the strings and Sterling and Bernado ready to run into pockets for delivery from KDB/Silva if Liverpool play wide or crosses from Mendy and Walker if Liverpool play narrow at the back. Fernandihno would switch between the backline and a more traditional defensive midfielder role dependent on the position of Silva and KdB. It would be risky mainly due to the pace of Mané and Salah but I think it would be a good test of Ederson and also place a lot of strain on Liverpool's pressing system.

Lashley

Pep on future Sanchez bid? "We will see in the future. We will see next time round."

So, in Jan.

Also, Arsenal tweeted in support of LBGT rights, and of course the arabs and africans shat a brick.

Lashley

the aliasing on the circle?

SSAA will sort that right out if you've got the right graphics card

Ryan_MSF

Genuinely dreading it for that reason alone, I never look forward to playing Liverpool anyway, but an in-form full of confidence Liverpool with Firminho Mane & Salah firing on all Cylinders, WITHOUT Kompany? Ugh.

It could be worse I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom