• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Anzhi are looking likely according to russian sources(lol) to get Douglas from Twente as their Samba replacement. Please tell me he's shit Eredivisie-gaf. I mean he's a defender from the Eredivisie....right?

Lightning

Banned
Football's great, evn though we're shit at it, and there is a disconcertingly massive gap between the challengers and the also rans across Europe
Football is great. I was really down when we were losing 2-0 to Liverpool but what I really want is for either the Manchester clubs to come down or for Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool/Arsenal to rise up. Dont like 12-20 point victory margains.

Lightning

Banned
An insulting Barcelona title would be most fitting for them jackasses after they refused to help us by letting us buy Villa. So my hatred for Barca has just doubled.

And are Barca playing Cesc as a winger? You have one of the best attacking midfielders and he's wasted as a CF or winger. I hate Barca....

Koko

Banned
First time I can suggest and I got nothing, anyways I was really disappointed when you guys didn't went with OT| Shamed like in a Bukkake

AndresON777

shooting blanks
An insulting Barcelona title would be most fitting for them jackasses after they refused to help us by letting us buy Villa. So my hatred for Barca has just doubled.

And are Barca playing Cesc as a winger? You have one of the best attacking midfielders and he's wasted as a CF or winger. I hate Barca....

He's playing as a false 9 and he's shite!!!

Lightning

Banned
True.

Iniesta is being forced to play on the wing and move into mid every now and then because of Cesc. Just bench him and use Villa/Pedro/Sancez/Tello + Messi up front.
Bench Cesc? LOL Only Barca are that stupid. Hopefully you guys piss him off enough that he wants to quit.

That's not his proper position. Why are Barca trying to turn him into Robin Van Persie? One of the most creative minds with excellent vision and passing skills and he was wasted as a bloody forward. Only Barca....

FootballFan

Bench Cesc? LOL Only Barca are that stupid. Hopefully you guys piss him off enough that he wants to quit.

Well ideally Iniesta should be playing in midfield, and there is no way Cesc is better than Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets.

So unless he plays upfront(which you say is a waste) the bench is the only place left.

Formation change is not an option, as witnessed with Guardiola's 3-4-3. 4-3-3 it has to be, and unless there is an injury to the BIX midfield, Cesc has no place there.

Only way is if Iniesta plays wing, which is a waste of one of the greatest players in the world.

Fabregas when played in midfield, is one of the best in the world. I'd take him over any midfielder in the PL.

Barcelona only got him as a PR move. They knew he'd have to sacrifice the things he's world class at to fit into the team. Think Fabregas will end his career regretting that he moved there, even if he ends up with dozens of trophies tbh

AndresON777

shooting blanks
|OT| Messi is not the best. Can he even score an own goal?!
cmonson.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Fabregas when played in midfield, is one of the best in the world. I'd take him over any midfielder in the PL.
Can you imagine how devastating Man Utd's would be with Fabregas bossing your midfield? Really scary just thinking about it.

Well ideally Iniesta should be playing in midfield, and there is no way Cesc is better than Xavi, Iniesta or Busquets.

So unless he plays upfront(which you say is a waste) the bench is the only place left.

Formation change is not an option, as witnessed with Guardiola's 3-4-3. 4-3-3 it has to be, and unless there is an injury to the BIX midfield, Cesc has no place there.

Only way is if Iniesta plays wing, which is a waste of one of the greatest players in the world.
You're just confirming Cesc doesn't belong at Barcelona which is what every Arsenal fan always knew.

K1LLER7

Barcelona only got him as a PR move. They knew he'd have to sacrifice the things he's world class at to fit into the team. Think Fabregas will end his career regretting that he moved there, even if he ends up with dozens of trophies tbh
I thought he'd be there to replace Xavi, but seems like they're using him further forward and trying to play the usual 3 and Cesc all together. I agree, he'd be better off somewhere else where he plays in his usual position because at Barca, they're not getting the best out of him. They should rest Xavi in some games and go with a Busi, Cesc and Iniesta midfield. See how it works out.

I thought he'd be there to replace Xavi, but seems like they're using him further forward and trying to play the usual 3 and Cesc all together. I agree, he'd be better off somewhere else where he plays in his usual position because at Barca, they're not getting the best out of him. They should rest Xavi in some games and go with a Busi, Cesc and Iniesta midfield. See how it works out.

Agreed. After Xavi, he has the best long through ball in the world. Man Utd would bum everyone if they had him behind Van Persie

FootballFan

Can you imagine how devastating Man Utd's would be with Fabregas bossing your midfield? Really scary just thinking about it.

You're just confirming Cesc doesn't belong at Barcelona which is what every Arsenal fan always knew.

Every Barca fan also said he will be on the bench until Xavi is out. That's just the way it is. He himself probably knew that.

Having a strong bench is pretty important.

Pinto, Thiago, Sanchez, Song, Cesc, Mascherano, Adriano is strong as can get.

Anyways, Cesc has played a lot of games. So it isn't the same as Song. Only problem is he will be played out of position until Xavi is not good enough.

Every Barca fan also said he will be on the bench until Xavi is out. That's just the way it is. He himself probably knew that.

Having a strong bench is pretty important.

Pinto, Thiago, Sanchez, Song, Cesc, Mascherano, Adriano is strong as can get.

Anyways, Cesc has played a lot of games. So it isn't the same as Song. Only problem is he will be played out of position until Xavi is not good enough.

What happens to Thiago then? Sub for Iniesta+Fabregas?

FootballFan

What happens to Thiago then? Sub for Iniesta+Fabregas?

Thiago is crazy. He is more like Iniesta than Xavi. It really is complicated. Even Cesc isn't like Xavi, far more offensive minded midfielder.

Thiago will probably be what Cesc is now when Xavi is finally finished.

Oh look, I just checked Barca news. Xavi out with an injury. What a coincidence.

Salazar

City v Liverpool didn't disappoint.

lol Reina.

Liverpool are still a pretty damned direct outfit, though. I keep reading Liverpool fans talking about how they're playing "in a totally new style, like". But you're definitely not.

K1LLER7

Agreed. After Xavi, he has the best long through ball in the world. Man Utd would bum everyone if they had him behind Van Persie
Pretty much the main thing United are missing at the moment. A Midfielder to cover for Carrick and another alongside him to help control games and dictate.

#BasedGlazers will pay up for another 16yr old who'll leave for Juve after a couple of years playing for the reserves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Zabojnik

A friend of mine was telling me earlier that he's heard that Maradona no longer owes the 30M€+ in unpaid taxes to the italian government. And that he is planing on going to Napoli for Napoli - Juve next month. Can't find the story anywhere, so I suppose he was bullshitting me. :/ It would be pretty amazing having El Pibe there for the occassion. Especially if Napoli were to close the 3 point gap in the meantime ... That would be one hell of a scudetto clash. I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere would die / get killed over it.

Top Bottom