• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Timurid

A friend of mine was telling me earlier that he's heard that Maradona no longer owes the 30M€+ in unpaid taxes to the italian government. And that he is planing on going to Napoli for Napoli - Juve next month. Can't find the story anywhere, so I suppose he was bullshitting me. :/ It would be pretty amazing having El Pibe there for the occassion. Especially if Napoli were to close the 3 point gap in the meantime ... That would be one hell of a scudetto clash. I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere would die / get killed over it.

Cavanapoli is going to be over this summer unfortunately.

A friend of mine was telling me earlier that he's heard that Maradona no longer owes the 30M€+ in unpaid taxes to the italian government. And that he is planing on going to Napoli for Napoli - Juve next month. Can't find the story anywhere, so I suppose he was bullshitting me. :/ It would be pretty amazing having El Pibe there for the occassion. Especially if Napoli were to close the 3 point gap in the meantime ... That would be one hell of a scudetto clash. I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere would die / get killed over it.

Fun fact: this news came out on Friday morning. Our government said a couple of hours later that Maradona still owes Italy around €40m, and that everything else is bullshit.

I would love to tag team Chloe with Wooden

ib2zpn781VDwSN.gif

"This time I decide to just not listen to anyone. Lo Monaco No, not even him. Decision will be mine alone, it is a difficult time, it's up to me to do it.'m Aware that we are experiencing a bad run, but I'm also sure that our team is strong and that is why I am convinced that we shall be saved " - Maurizio Zamparini,

Sounds great, Zamps decisions always go well.

DominoKid

does colin even start next season? 9ners are still paying millions on alex smith.

hell yeah. alex smith been gone since kaep got the job. their coach always wanted to make the switch, the concussion gave him a way to do it where he couldn't really lose.

they'll trade smith.

Mastadon

Banned
RAWK getting all excited

But unfortunately he's on loan at West Ham.

Oh, I work in the building where the bones of Richard III have been discovered. Look out for me on the news. I'm the handsome guy with a portrait of Jordan Henderson tattooed on my neck.

pulga

Banned
Just saw Zero Dark Thirty, liked it a lot. I'm in love with the red headed CIA chick. Please tell me she has an IRL counterpart and her part wasn't just made up for the film.

An insulting Barcelona title would be most fitting for them jackasses after they refused to help us by letting us buy Villa. So my hatred for Barca has just doubled.

And are Barca playing Cesc as a winger? You have one of the best attacking midfielders and he's wasted as a CF or winger. I hate Barca....

This please!

Can't quite handle it when they're not shitty brazilian league defenders.

dc89

CityGAF. Do not let your hearts wax and wane when you look upon the league table.

This time last season we has a 5 point lead on United and they caught up and opened up an 8 point lead. So between now-ish and then United earned 13 more points than City and then we gained those 8 points back.

Anything can happen. We can still do it. We have to stick together and believe.

Salazar

Mancini sounds increasingly like futbol fanfic writers on tumblr, talking about possible this and probable that.

Just pipe the fuck down and keep making your mindblowingly shitty substitutions, pal.

CityGAF. Do not let your hearts wax and wane when you look upon the league table.

This time last season we has a 5 point lead on United and they caught up and opened up an 8 point lead. So between now-ish and then United earned 13 more points than City and then we gained those 8 points back.

We are amazing at giving away leads, it's true.

Frankly I'm not hoping for much this year. We are trying to chase a fucking treble, and a game with Real Madrid coming up. I just thank god that we don't have any games with the top 5 of the EPL table in the near future.

Its done. It was done the moment Nasri threw his shin at Van Persie's rubbish free kick. There's no chance you'll win at Old Trafford.

Nyx

FC Twente - FC Utrecht 2-4 (0-2)

The number two vs the number six.
Utrecht was the better team in the first half creating 3-4 good chances and scoring 2 goals of which 1 was from a well deserved penalty.
After the break Twente tried to get back into the game with 10 men, but Utrecht scored twice as well from a corner and free kick, leaving the boys from Twente in despair.

tn_130203FCTWFCU013.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU014.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU016.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU031.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU052.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU053.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU073.jpg

tn_130203FCTWFCU018.jpg

dc89

dc, Meier and Manager. dc is the only one who posts about City regardless of the prior result

¬¬

No Meier is honest too. Manager has all bit deserted us :( and our fallen hero, Kermit, he is with us in spirit though.

---

I'll expect a phone call today from Danny Simpson's representatives. Not a good image lying face down in a gutter after being battered whilst being out on the town.

Edit:

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!! WII U FOR £41.40?!

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoG...o-Wii-U-32GB-Premium-Pack--Black#.UQ98R-jDD6w

ORDERING 10!!!

Edit of the edit: Price is now back to £299

Ryder

Anything can happen. We can still do it. We
have to stick together and believe.

Lol, City are a shadow of their former self and have stagnated while united bang goals for fun.

Last year is irrelevant as your current form is woeful, which is most important.

jkHI23r.jpg

I chose to believe in The Sun. Seems like Roman has also started the Rafa diet.

abramovich-fur.jpg

and DailyFail says the same, well that's as good as confirmed then.

"Chelsea have started the process of negotiation with Jose Mourinho about his potential availability in the summer and his desire to return to Stamford Bridge.
It is tentative at this stage but contact has been made and Roman Abramovich is interested in enticing the Real Madrid manager back to London."

Arnie, Messi (the poster,) Pirlo, Messi (the player) : Well jel

Philosophical question: What came first, the lack of shoulders, or the bad posture?

And if you're ever wondering whether you should work nights, just look at the eyes of anyone who does it :(

edit: Marseille and Lyon lost, so I can see another title race being over within the next fortnight

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer...ptcy-090626829--sow.html?SportsRoadhouse.com=

I hold £2.5k worth of shares in Brøndby. Already lost a fair amount since 2003...

Don't worry, your money is safe with Benny Winther, Per and son.

brondby.com 29/12-2011:

"Fundamentet er klar til en ny god periode overalt i Brøndby IF inklusive Superligaholdet, og det er faktisk det eneste, man kan ønske sig mere i klubben: Succes for Superligamandskabet.

Det er min helt klare mening, som det fremgår, at der heldigvis er grund til optimisme i Brøndby IF på trods af, at der ofte tegnes et andet billede i medierne, der jo i nogen grad fungerer som ukritisk talerør for nogle selvpromoverende, utilfredse og krævende fans."

iWbP0LGAKcBQm.png

Salazar

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

That's a motherfucking article

Fuck off Martin Samuel. Caps-lock your way into a blood-pressure regimen you stinking div.

That's how sport journalism fucking works.

The criteria for getting PED suspicious are hilarious when applied to football

• Skip the Olympics (which has much stricter drug testing) in your prime for any dubious reason and you're on the list. BALE

• Enjoy your best season in years in your late 30s, four or five years after your last "best season," and you're on the list. GERRARD/SCHOLES/FAT FRANK

• If you're a skinny dude who miraculously managed to add 20 pounds of muscle to your scarecrow frame, you're on the list. RONNIE

• If you chopped down the recovery time of a debilitating injury to something that just didn't seem possible a year ago, you're on the list.

• If you were really good and really ripped at a really young age, and now your body is breaking down much sooner than it should be breaking down, you're on the list. Loooool, so many dudes

• If you're exhibiting a level of superhuman endurance that has little correlation to the endurance of any of your competitors, you're on the list. CLEVGOD/Pogtrayer/JANUZAAAAAJ

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
In the 8 matches since our late defeat to Everton, Spurs have conceded just 3 goals. Our defense is underrated IMO, when we were giving goals away we were playing this lopsided shite due to injuries:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vertonghen

Now we are playing:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE

We still have Kaboul due back by the end of the month, which will be another boost. He has played one game this season.

choodi

Banned
In the 8 matches since our late defeat to Everton, Spurs have conceded just 3 goals. Our defense is underrated IMO, when we were giving goals away we were playing this lopsided shite due to injuries:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vertonghen

Now we are playing:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE

We still have Kaboul due back by the end of the month, which will be another boost. He has played one game this season.

Newcastle are going to double that tally this weekend.

Probably going to concede 5 ourselves though

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Newcastle are going to double that tally this weekend.

Probably going to concede 5 ourselves though

I am slightly worried that you actually have a midfield now. If we had Sandro I think we would be comfortable but I'm not particularly looking forward to Parker v Sissoko. Hopefully Ade and Holtby start, we need our best players for this game. Newcastle are going to be riding the wave form the Chelsea result.

choodi

Banned
I am slightly worried that you actually have a midfield now. If we had Sandro I think we would be comfortable but I'm not particularly looking forward to Parker v Sissoko. Hopefully Ade and Holtby start, we need our best players for this game. Newcastle are going to be riding the wave form the Chelsea result.

We have also been having plenty of luck against teams featuring our ex-players.

N'Zogbia/Villa WIN
Ba/Chelsea WIN
Parker/Tottenham WIN?

Top Bottom