• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game had great cinematography too!

dramaronnycdupv.gif

After losing La Liga this year the last two classicos were a true bliss.

bud

Tiki taka no worka

qif315Ql.jpg

no xavi means no tiki taka even though they've had most of the ball. messi always takes the spotlight and scores the goals, but he's not vital to barcelona's way of playing, xavi is. but xavi's now old and needs to be replaced.

Wilbur

Banned
i'm 99% sure that roura's just an assistent who analyses opponents; he's not really a coach or manager or anything.

But I would find it hard to believe Tito isn't giving him instructions and picking the team. Plus they're a bunch of adults who are regularly lauded as the best team ever to play football. On compassionate grounds, of course Tito's absence is going to affect them. But its not really that strong an excuse for the impotency they've shown.

It's hard not to be. Literally everyone here goes for Madrid and there's what? 2 Barca fans here. It's tough when you're outnumbered 20 to 1.

Oh come one. Barcelona's bandwagon is still strong worldwide. They have gone back under the rocks and they will return when they tear Milan's a new asshole.

Tc91

Kagawa's had a better season than Rodwell so far imo. With his introduction into the team, it's signalled a change in the way we play. It's going to take a while to adapt to the league and the team to adapt to him. There's been a massive improvement from the start of the season. Carrick and Rooney tend to look for him more now, even when he's marked. They never did at the start of the season, usually just playing it out wide. Numerous times he found himself between the midfields and defences line and it helped Carrick, who had more space around him.

I remember Kagawa saying that the players need to start trusting him more even in tight spaces.

They really should because he's such a good technician with the ball at his feet. I want to see Kagawa, Rooney, Nani, RVP linking up. That would produce some really exciting stuff.

Lunchbox

Banned
DerZuhälter;48716040 said:

dramaronnycdupv.gif

look at him make quickvibrating thrusts with his ass

foreshadowing what barcas about to get

Noirulus

dramaronnycdupv.gif

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this live. Beautiful.

Salvadora

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a rumour that Pep didn't want Cesc? I vaguely remember reading something like that.
Their deals haven't made a lick of sense

Fabregas - Skillset does not suit Barca at all, only bought him for some misplaced sense of pride
Song - He's a 'DM', he's tall and he can pass. Who gives a shit if he can defend. Oh, and we can shove him into centreback lol
Sanchez - Skillset couldn't be less suited to Barca. Only bought to prove that they had money to spend and to prove that they could draw players in demand

Its just wierd. I look at Borini and Allen, and I can see why we bought them, even though they haven't really succeeded. I look at Kagawa and think, yeah, if they can fit him into the team with Van Persie and Rooney's movement ahead of him, that will probably work out in the end. I look at Sinclair and think 'what a bunch of fucking idiots, on both sides of the deal'

But its impossible to justufy Barca's transfer dealings. Even Chrygynsky was bought for a solid reason.

You are completed dead on. Their most recent transfer have been head scratchers. I just wonder who is in charge.

Messi

But I would find it hard to believe Tito isn't giving him instructions and picking the team. Plus they're a bunch of adults who are regularly lauded as the best team ever to play football. On compassionate grounds, of course Tito's absence is going to affect them. But its not really that strong an excuse for the impotency they've shown.

So all of a sudden this season Barca are figured out? At the start of the season up until recently Barca were undefeated and ripping teams open. One thing changed. The boss got sick.

Meier

It's hard not to be. Literally everyone here goes for Madrid and there's what? 2 Barca fans here. It's tough when you're outnumbered 20 to 1.

What the what? This is a first.. a Barca fan feeling outnumbered. :lol Everyone wants to see Barca knocked down a peg -- that's just life. No one likes a dominant team unless it's the one they support. Many bandwagon/casual fans aren't vocal when they're team loses and so it's more evident for you guys.

Honestly, most everyone hates Madrid too but they're the lesser of two evils because at least they're enjoyable to watch. Tiki taka makes me want to hang myself.

MrKaepora

dramaronnycdupv.gif

This is brilliant.

And I'm glad that Farcelona is losing its head. I'm tired of tiki takas.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So all of a sudden this season Barca are figured out? At the start of the season up until recently Barca were undefeated and ripping teams open. One thing changed. The boss got sick.

That's not the only thing that changed. They also started playing big games in cup competitions. It's all well and good cruising the league once Real have shat themselves and gifted you a head-start so huge that the season is over by Christmas. It's another thing staying sharp and ready for those crunch CL/Copa games after coasting for 5 months. They quality and determination of opposition goes up massively once you hit the latter stages of the cups. IMO Barca just don't look mentally ready for it.

jtb

Banned

Nope, end of last season. Knocked out by Chelsea and lost the league to Madrid.

Wilbur

Banned
He had 8 goals and 13 assists in his first season with City.

In far more games though. And I'm not even going to dispute Kagawa's had as good a season as Silva has, but Silva was the outstanding individual in the team, and probably still is. Kagawa's not, he's a cog in the machine (lol) that is United. RVP and Carrick especially are the hubs, as opposed to Silva being the one that is always searched out for City.

Tc91

I found the Kagawa quotes:

What differences have you noticed between here and the Bundesliga?
The physical side of it is the first thing. I need to adapt to that. The other thing is the quality through the division. In Germany, the top few teams were so much better than the rest, but, here, every opponent is difficult.

Do you feel you could influence games even more?
Yes. We seem to pass the ball sideways a lot, but I want team-mates to start giving me the ball from all areas and angles. I need to speak to them about this, because I want them to have the trust in me to play the ball forward.

Bonus lols:

Language is a problem, isn't it? How are you coping with Sir Alex Ferguson's team talks?
I can't tell a word he says! I am trying to learn English, but understanding the manager might take a little longer

dramaronnycdupv.gif

Would look much more epic if you cut the last frames where Ronaldo moves from position.

FootballFan

What the what? This is a first.. a Barca fan feeling outnumbered. :lol Everyone wants to see Barca knocked down a peg -- that's just life. No one likes a dominant team unless it's the one they support. Many bandwagon/casual fans aren't vocal when they're team loses and so it's more evident for you guys.

Honestly, most everyone hates Madrid too but they're the lesser of two evils because at least they're enjoyable to watch. Tiki taka makes me want to hang myself.

Misunderstanding mate. I'm talking about when Barca play Madrid. I understand when Barca play Zaragoza that everyone would cheer against them.

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez

Damn, Sturridge not fit :(

Henderson should still be starting imo

It took Allen like 2 months of poor performances before he was dropped, Henderson gets it after 2 games, one of which he was on the left wing

You don't think Tito being missing is having any effect?

I don't think it is as huge an effect as Xavi's form. I had though that Cesc's inclusion would give an outlet in situations where a team has put 10 players in front of goal but it seems to have an adverse effect defensively and offensively. A large part of Barcelona's defense (not just attack) was based on a fine balance between in the midfield between Busquets+Iniesta+Messi+Xavi. Xavi has been struggling a little bit since his injury and Cesc's decision making/positioning has not been at the level at which it needs to be. That is what is causing you to concede goals. (You will notice this if you keep and eye on Xabi and how he's gotten a bit more space and time in classicos after Xavi's drop in form.)

Yen

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez

Damn, Sturridge not fit :(

Henderson should still be starting imo

It took Allen like 2 months of poor performances before he was dropped, Henderson gets it after 2 games, one of which he was on the left wing

Rotation.

Wilbur

Banned

No, what happened is they came up against stronger opponents who had better coaches, players and game plans. La Liga is an absolute joke league outside a few teams, and Barca just happen to have the better players than everyone else. They were beating teams because they were better than them irrespective of whatever coach was there. They've won the majority of games since Tito's been away, right? A 2-2 draw away at someone I can't remember (but something's telling me Sevilla) is a result that wasn't out of bounds when Tito was there. Then they came up against an underrated Milan side who have historically been pretty good against this Barca, who have played them a fair few times recently and will have learnt from that. Then they come up against a Madrid who are the best side in the world on the counter-attack, and because Barca have no plan B they're completely susceptible to that.

It's got something to do with Tito. But there's other, more important factors for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom