• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

He didn't score but fuck it I'm using it again anyway
ibxEIHbEtqreNl.gif

Ben Hayward ‏@bghayward

Reports emerging that Víctor Valdés punched referee Pérez Lasa in the changing rooms and has been taken to the police station in Madrid.
Pls be true.
i86YIJzBTYqxn.jpg

dc89

Just been shown the Kagawa goals by tc. Good goals! Third was cool as you like.

Reminded me of the Silva chipped finish the other week. Both so good.

Barca's problem is that they never have a different approach. And that's fundamentally it. They're too obsessed with their philosophy to be able to react to any plan that does focus on stopping them. They just try and count on the fact its been successful in the past + Messi to drag them through. Football's an ever changing, evolving sport and for a team which has paved the way for modern football, they're falling behind. I just don't understand how a team so tactically sound can only have one tactic.

There's more than that. Barça did mmanaged to get off of the trap that teams like Madrid or Chealsea put them. But right now, is an incredible static team and the passing had slowed down. Also it was a team that started their pressure basically at the other's team side of the field, something that they didn't do in the last matches.

The team seems tired, apathic and lacks any pride as showed today.

Pls be true.

WOW this is big.

G-Unit

It's not Roura man.

These guys know what they are doing, nothing has changed, their game is the same. It's not like Roura broke the system, the system is the same.

Teams are just getting used to this Barcelona, it's normal. Spain won 3 national titles in a row playing exactly like Barcelona. They didn't have Pep, or Tito, or even Messi.

They disrupted everything with this "new" style, but it's no longer new. It will become less and less effective with time.

I´m sorry but the DTs are partly to blame. Thinking barca can play without any guide was always wrong. This guys have won it all, they need motivation to try hard, play hard, talk less, and blame themself when we lose. Fuck the refs, they are all bad... but thats not the reason we are playing this mediocre

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I´m sorry but the DTs are partly to blame. Thinking barca can play without any guide was always wrong. This guys have won it all, they need motivation to try hard, play hard, talk less, and blame themself when we lose. Fuck the refs, they are all bad... but thats not the reason we are playing this mediocre
I don't think blaming Roura is that fair to be honest. He's handling a job he obviously didn't want at the worst of times.

bud

Barca's problem is that they never have a different approach. And that's fundamentally it. They're too obsessed with their philosophy to be able to react to any plan that does focus on stopping them. They just try and count on the fact its been successful in the past + Messi to drag them through. Football's an ever changing, evolving sport and for a team which has paved the way for modern football, they're falling behind. I just don't understand how a team so tactically sound can only have one tactic.

barca's football is perhaps more modern than that of most other teams. what other team plays without a real number nine? it's a concept that most teams can't even cope with because there's always confusion among midfielders and defenders who don't know what to do with messi. it's not working at the moment, though, because everything's so static.

but yeah, it's not perfect. they don't have a different approach. they don't have anyone who could take a shot from outside the box except maybe villa. a target man would also be useful for the last ten minutes or so.

jtb

Banned
I don't think blaming Roura is that fair to be honest. He's handling a job he obviously didn't want at he worst of times.

I agree. These problems have been coming for a while (and reared their head last season when they were knocked out of the CL and lost the league), Roura's just the easy scapegoat. Not to mention, the whole "Roura's just an assistant" line makes no fucking sense given Tito was just an assistant a season ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom