• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Vidal's new tattoo.

tatuaggion.jpg

ARTURO CE LO FAI VENIRE DURO! STAY WITH US FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Spider-man?

wonder what made dortmund stop. Guess they tried to go all out before energy got lower. We were lucky that Neuer saved our ass.

It seemed like one of those games you get where the team who aren't expected to domiate posession come out quickly, and completely control the game but are well aware that they won't be able to do it all game, and need to make use of the chances. Unfortunately for Dortmund, with all their sharpness and movement, they failed to get Lewandowski any good service (half his fault) and only really managed to pepper Neuer with a few long shots. Their one clear chance was the Blachykowski one which he hit at Neuer, and you could almost feel the doubts creeping into them, like a thought of 'its not gonna happen.'

Then the ref decided to get involved and blocked a pass giving you the counter for your first chance (Mandzukic header) which gave you a lot of belief I feel, and from then on Bayern slightly dominated the ball. Dortmund didn't help themselves though, Klopp made a balls-up I think by having his front 3 close down your defenders when they had the ball, so suddenly your clearances were finding your midfield where for the 30 minutes previously, they were falling harmlessly to Dortmund players between midfield and Weidenfeller.

Aw come on Footy Gaf, let's lay back the #fuckbayern for a while, get over it, EPL sucked this season.

So no #fuckbayern

#fuckbayern

I WANT MORE PICTURES

Blablurn

It seemed like one of those games you get where the team who aren't expected to domiate posession come out quickly, and completely control the game but are well aware that they won't be able to do it all game, and need to make use of the chances. Unfortunately for Dortmund, with all their sharpness and movement, they failed to get Lewandowski any good service (half his fault) and only really managed to pepper Neuer with a few long shots. Their one clear chance was the Blachykowski one which he hit at Neuer, and you could almost feel the doubts creeping into them, like a thought of 'its not gonna happen.'

Then the ref decided to get involved and blocked a pass giving you the counter for your first chance (Mandzukic header) which gave you a lot of belief I feel, and from then on Bayern slightly dominated the ball. Dortmund didn't help themselves though, Klopp made a balls-up I think by having his front 3 close down your defenders when they had the ball, so suddenly your clearances were finding your midfield where for the 30 minutes previously, they were falling harmlessly to Dortmund players between midfield and Weidenfeller.

yeah, good post. agreed here.

I wonder what Dante thought when he went for the foul. God, I was shitting my pants after Gündogan scored :( Munich 2012 was back again.

I've nothing against Lazio winning it. I was just saying that 'ai punti', it should've been us in the final. We were better than Lazio in both semi-final matches, imo. Marchetti saved their asses ... I don't know how many times. That incredible miss from Marchisio in added time still baffles me.

Heh, I still remember the one I saw at the Juventus Stadium, Lazio was basically defending the whole time and ended up with a lucky goal near the end. Clearly Juve is better than Lazio and deserved to be in the final "ai punti", but not having a proper striker upfront it's a big obstacle when this kind of matches show up.

I agree on the Marchetti part. Dude's great when he wants, when Buffon retires he's going to be our national team GK, hopefully he'll be even better by then.

yeah, good post. agreed here.

I wonder what Dante thought when he went for the foul. God, I was shitting my pants after Gündogan scored :( Munich 2012 was back again.

Supporting Liverpool, you come to expect ridiculous moments of idiocy from defenders, no matter how good they normally are, and how much experience they have :p

Zabojnik

I agree on the Marchetti part. Dude's great when he wants, [/b]when Buffon retires he's going to be our national team GK[/b], hopefully he'll be even better by then.

You know nothing, Jon Lucifer.

Leali_GN.jpg

Hopefully someday soon! Best Serie B keeper of the season! Leali <3

Reading that Formula 1 thread, got me thinking

Was Omiee ever really interested in posting here?
Was he driven out by the reaction to his hasty snitching?
Was the plan all along to get someone banned and then retreat, having done the damage and caused a clusterfuck?

TeegsD

I really want to watch F1, my buddy showed me a clip last night where there were 4 wide going into the finish line and fucking Peter Dempsey won by like 4 inches. Absolutely incredible

Today is the day guys. Today we find out if Benfica has the cojones to not completely embarrass themselves and win the last possible trophy they can win.

Messi

Reading that Formula 1 thread, got me thinking

Was Omiee ever really interested in posting here?
Was he driven out by the reaction to his hasty snitching?
Was the plan all along to get someone banned and then retreat, having done the damage and caused a clusterfuck?

This was the running theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom