• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor: Season 3 Trailer (Highlander and Gladiator heroes, new maps, ranked, more)

Extended trailer here.

Looks like they're adding a lot for the next season:

-Two new heroes, the Highlander and Gladiator. Next week we'll be seeing extended gameplay of each.

-Two new maps, the Viking Village and The Sentinel.

-New Ranked and Tournament game modes.

-New tier of equipment and cosmetics.

-Rebalancing of many mechanics, such as revenge, parrying, and more.

-UI improvements.

Comes out August 15th.

Man... feel like it's way too late for me to get into this game, but it looks so rad

I don't think it's too late. The way the game works, every season they make the earlier content easier/quicker, to allow a catchup mechanic for new players.

You can likely expect a sale around Season 3's launch too. 2 had the game for 40% off.

glaurung

I still have the gold version PS4 copy sitting in my drawer, shrinkwrapped. This might be a nice time to approach it, but I dread the game after hearing all those server kicking horror stories from my friends who platinumed it.

I still have the gold version PS4 copy sitting in my drawer, shrinkwrapped. This might be a nice time to approach it, but I dread the game after hearing all those server kicking horror stories from my friends who platinumed it.

The game's pretty stable now, and apparently Dedicated servers are incoming too.

Blablurn

Looking good. I hope Ubi Soft will earn much more, and be able to defend any negative aquisition moves by outside companies. Lets go Ubi!

Thank you for supporting this game so much.

Seijuro

Bought it at launch, played it all the time for two weeks and literally forgot about it, but I really loved it.
How is the community doing nowadays? How realistic is it to buy new characters with in game money?

Bought it at launch, played it all the time for two weeks and literally forgot about it, but I really loved it.
How is the community doing nowadays? How realistic is it to buy new characters with in game money?

Each character will cost you about two weeks of doing the main daily quest, which can be done in around 20 minutes. Playing a lot will speed it up significantly.

Ok now I'm more than interested! What's the player count like on PS4? Is it healthy enough? Has the game had the R6 Siege Awakening yet?

It's not R6 big, but it's doing fine. I know Xbox One's pretty small, but PC and PS4 are doing well, and Season 3's launch should see a nice resurgence if it's anything like 2 was.

Keasar

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONLY O~"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONL~"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
*slash*
"THERE CA~"
*slash*

Once again, the Scottish are just folded into us Scandinavians, when are we gonna stop beating around the bush and just admit Scotland into the Nordic Country group? :p

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONLY O~"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONL~"
*slash*
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"
*slash*
"THERE CA~"
*slash*

Once again, the Scottish are just folded into us Scandinavians, when are we gonna stop beating around the bush and just admit Scotland into the Nordic Country group? :p

Well, it was either that or Knights.

I played a decent amount of this last month when I got it late June. Saved up a lot of in-game currency to unlock the Shinobi and the Centurion, but I held off because I new S3 was coming soon. I kinda want to jump back in for this when everyone is still learning the new heroes, but I also feel like I should wait for the dedicated servers to go live. I actually only got to play Duels consistently since my NAT just stayed red no matter what I did. That meant all the other game modes that had to connect to a lot of people just never worked for me.

I did get good much quicker though since I had to fight more experienced players 1v1 all the time, unlike if I were playing mostly Dominion and the team battle modes.

Anyway, nice to still see support for this game. I think it really would've been bigger had Ubisoft just went with dedicated servers from the get-go and avoided all the negativity and bad publicity about dropped connections. It's a cool game that looks and plays like nothing else in the AAA scene.

Man, I'm really worried Highlander and Gladiator are going to be gender locked classes again

Highlander is locked male. Gladiator is unlocked.

I believe they said they're going for one locked and one unlocked for each set.

If the leak continues to be correct [it was about these] the next two classes will be a locked female Viking wielding a sword/axe [Huntress] and an unlocked Samurai wielding a katana/wakizashi [Ronin].

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The game's pretty stable now, and apparently Dedicated servers are incoming too.

they released this last week:

fh_roadmap_road_ahead_news-header_297043.jpg

new modes coming too

eizarus

Banned
Done! Just purchased the game. Now if PSN could get it's shit together so I don't have to wait too long to play it.

mas8705

So here's the question I'm asking myself: Will the server issue be addressed in this season? or the 4th season? Part of me wonders this since they did finally address it at long last, but out of everything that was mentioned, the performance wasn't one of them (or if it was, I must have missed it).

Don't get me wrong, I got the game Day 1 with the season pass, and I've held out on trading it in on the off chance that the extra hero classes would be worth while. I would just like to enjoy a few games without getting booted out. Especially considering that these next two heroes are pretty exciting too (although it does seem like Knights had ran out of ideas rather quickly if we had to go the Roman route for the additional heroes. Nothing wrong with that of course.)

eizarus

Banned
So here's the question I'm asking myself: Will the server issue be addressed in this season? or the 4th season? Part of me wonders this since they did finally address it at long last, but out of everything that was mentioned, the performance wasn't one of them (or if it was, I must have missed it).

Don't get me wrong, I got the game Day 1 with the season pass, and I've held out on trading it in on the off chance that the extra hero classes would be worth while. I would just like to enjoy a few games without getting booted out. Especially considering that these next two heroes are pretty exciting too (although it does seem like Knights had ran out of ideas rather quickly if we had to go the Roman route for the additional heroes. Nothing wrong with that of course.)
What server issues? Something dedicated servers won't solve?

I'm coming back for the Highlander and his stances. Hopefully he's actually as difficult to use as they were saying in the devstream. I need a character that's good but also feels like it takes skill to master. Tired of getting shit on with Kensei lol

Top Bottom