• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor World Premiere Trailer (Ubi Montreal, Musou-ish Chivalry-ish AC-ish combat)

Zomba13

This looks cool. I love me some Melee Combat Multiplayer. I still need something to fill the Jedi Knight shaped hole. Chivalry is nice in the First person style but this could work. Less flips and jumps though, more careful moves and attacks.

If anything it looked more MOBA than Musou.

Looks very visceral, nice.

Hey. Its good that you made the thread, but it would have made much more sense to wait for the gameplay footage and then created it when we had info like developer, genre, release date. Now it's extra work for us to have to edit the title, track down and close or merge threads created with that info in the meantime, etc.

To be fair...how many companies do a live demo after showing a CG trailer? You pretty much only get one or the other, i didn't expect a live demo.

Guys, I DONT think this is AC combat

Look how the angle of the swords are deliberately shifting around. I think the combat consists of aiming all your individual strikes and blocks.

If that's correct. It could be really fun

Dahbomb

Guys, I DONT think this is AC combat

Look how the angle of the swords are deliberately shifting around. I think the combat consists of aiming all your individual strikes and blocks.

If that's correct. It could be really fun
Yeah its' not Ass Creed combat at all. Pretty sure they were using the analogy sticks to line up their strikes/blocks.

Interesting game play though, definitely looking forward to playing it at the very least.

Mister D

As a huge Chivalry fan who was disappointed they only ported it to last gen consoles, this makes my pants very tight. Ubisoft has my attention and money again after what seems like an eternity of shite.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
To be fair...how many companies do a live demo after showing a CG trailer? You pretty much only get one or the other, i didn't expect a live demo.

The first request was me being polite. We asked people ahead of E3 to try to wait, digest, and post rather than jumping the gun. It's not hard to wait a few seconds before posting.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Wait, now we finally get a game with Samurai in it and then it is MP only?

2262%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20rage%20wwe.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Looks interesting.
Perhaps not deep but interesting.
Also love the visual style and what i'd imagine is realism in the armor designs. (I really don't care for exaggerated and impractical fantasy stuff you usually see in video games, some exceptions aside.)

AtticuSMT

Banned
regardless of chivalry or what not the game looked awesome, and fun. So far the only Ubi game that i want. But i have a massive want for it.

Top Bottom