• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor World Premiere Trailer (Ubi Montreal, Musou-ish Chivalry-ish AC-ish combat)

Arondight

Looks interesting. The combat looks a little different with changing the stances. I like there's the strategic element to it as well. Is it online only?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This was Hero to note: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827662

944x5310ks35.jpg

JRBechard

Back around November 2012 I was an intern at UbiMTL for 2 months and I got to see a demo of this back when it was called Hero. It was super barebones with wireframe characters but all the basics were there and they had been working on it for a while.

The guy with the cane who presented it is the project lead and he was super cool and seemed really passionate about this project. After he finished Red Steel 2, Ubi asked him what his dream game would be and this is what he described. He talked about how he didn't just want a hack n slash, but something you control more in depth, you use both joystick and the triggers to control your characters hands and posture.

From what I saw this game is gonna be royally sick, you're gonna love it.

KZObsessed

I'll be interested if there's a single-player/co-op mode. PVP with a really generic capture three points mode doesn't interest me.

With a unique multiplayer set up Id hope to see some more original modes. Multiplayer modes need to evolve in general I think, it's just the same thing every time.

Game looks great graphically and the combat actually looks pretty damn nice! Only 4v4 is a big let down but I'm definitely interested since I f'in love combat oriented games. Was hoping it was 8v8 or at least 6v6 though.....

ryseing

Back around November 2012 I was an intern at UbiMTL for 2 months and I got to see a demo of this back when it was called Hero. It was super barebones with wireframe characters but all the basics were there and they had been working on it for a while.

The guy with the cane who presented it is the project lead and he was super cool and seemed really passionate about this project. After he finished Red Steel 2, Ubi asked him what his dream game would be and this is what he described. He talked about how he didn't just want a hack n slash, but something you control more in depth, you use both joystick and the triggers to control your characters hands and posture.

Red Steel 2 lead? YESSSSS

Really looking forward to this one. Thought it would be a bit more fantasy themed, but what we're getting is fine.

SkyOdin

Looks interesting.
Perhaps not deep but interesting.
Also love the visual style and what i'd imagine is realism in the armor designs. (I really don't care for exaggerated and impractical fantasy stuff you usually see in video games, some exceptions aside.)

More Hollywood Medieval than pure realism, but at least it has color in the actual gameplay, which I am thankful for.

Still, a mix of Dynasty Warriors-esque large battles and 4vs4 multiplayer makes me intrigued. I'll have to pay attention to this game.

Hitchhy

Neo Member
Damien Kieken (@DamienKieken) is the game director of For Honor by the way, he is the former game director of all the AC multiplayer games.
I was a huge fan of ACMP so pretty excited about him working on this and the project in general :D

Arion

Since this is Ubisoft I know graphics won't be representative of the final product but the gameplay looks pretty great. Weapons look weighty and fighting looks intense.

Respawn

Banned
My game of the show. No need to see anything else except Metal Gear of course. Ubi make this really good and you have found redemption with me.

Stiler

4 vs 4? Did I hear that right?

Why so few people? I like my MP games to be against other real people, not a bunch of bots, otherwise I'd play single player.

It looks fun but I really relaly wish they had modes with no bots and instead 32 vs 32 people or something like that.

JRBechard

Why so few people? I like my MP games to be against other real people, not a bunch of bots, otherwise I'd play single player.

It looks fun but I really relaly wish they had modes with no bots and instead 32 vs 32 people or something like that.

If it's limited at 4v4 it's most likely console limitations, cuz from the demo I saw (see my last post) they said they were aiming for up to 32v32 if possible but they didn't know the specs of the consoles yet (late 2012, xbone and ps4 weren't announced yet)

Might be to much action going on for the way they're doing their combat system.

Combat seems somewhat slow which in this case I don't think is bad.

If it's limited at 4v4 it's most likely console limitations, cuz from the demo I saw (see my last post) they said they were aiming for 32v32 if possible but they didn't know the specs of the consoles yet (late 2012, xbone and ps4 weren't announced yet)
32v32 down to 4 is a pretty large decrease.

I think it might've been a certain mode that's 4v4. I would hope for more players than that since PvP seems like the highlight of this game.

If it's limited at 4v4 it's most likely console limitations, cuz from the demo I saw (see my last post) they said they were aiming for 32v32 if possible but they didn't know the specs of the consoles yet (late 2012, xbone and ps4 weren't announced yet)

Do you think there is any chance the PC version will still be 32v32?

I might be interested in this if they can do the Musou gameplay properly with good level design. But it looks MP centric which doesn't interest me, and Ubi being Ubi they'll probably find a way to fuck it up. Intrigued with low expectations right now.

RdN

This sounds very interesting,..

Although I can't stop thinking how frustrating that combat system will be when there's lag involved.

Dreavus

Damien Kieken (@DamienKieken) is the game director of For Honor by the way, he is the former game director of all the AC multiplayer games.
I was a huge fan of ACMP so pretty excited about him working on this and the project in general :D

Whoa, now THIS gets my attention. Big ACMP fan here also. :)

FinKL

Awesome! Thanks for the info, even more excited for this.

Permanently A

Everything about this sounds interesting but I'm afraid it will just boil down into a rock paper scissors thing. So I hope it is more interesting to play than it looks.

Top Bottom