• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the first time ever, I am actually considering buying an Xbox over Playstation 5

Needlecrash

I'm more on the fence for the PS5 due to Demon's Souls Remake. However, I refuse to buy a system for just one game. I refuse to shell out over $600 for it.

However, the Xbox Series X seems to have a lot more going for it than the PS5. We don't know much about the PS5 at this point. I might get an Xbox Series X in the near future.

More power to you OP.

Last edited:

theddub

Banned
I went with gen. See if you can spot the similarity:

Xbox OG : better hardware
Xbox 360 : better hardware
PS4 : better hardware
(Mid gen) Xbox 1 X : better hardware
(Next gen) XSX : better hardware

I feel ya. I have a PS5 preorder locked in and the only reason I might cancel it or sell to a friend in need (would sell for MSRP. I'm not into jacking up the price on friends lol) is the ugly af design and ginormous size. When I first saw it I liked it but the look hasn't aged well, especially after the live non-rendered pix of it leaked. If theres a surprise black model at launch I'll try for that one but I'm just not sold on this behemoth in white. I'll more than likely keep the preorder but I'm gonna want to hide this thing behind my entertainment center.

Buzzy42

Neo Member
I usually end up with both systems each gen, but was primarily PS4 last gen (got an XB1 when the price started coming down) with the assumption I'd get a PS5 at launch, but Sony's messenging and rollout have been awful to me. I still don't understand the BC situation, etc. And there's nothing I actually want to play at launch on PS5, so not knowing what it'll do for older games means I don't know how much I'd even use it.

I think between Gamepass, strong BC explanations, stronger hardware, etc-- the XBX is the better system for me at launch. I don't think I'll be buying a ton of games for it right away, but at least the games I have now will be upgraded. (I skipped getting an Xbox One X, thinking I'd just wait for next gen) I doubt the difference between the XBX and PS5 will be that great but at least I'll be playing the more powerful system and not just looking and waiting with the weaker system. (I have to admit, I was a bit underwhlemed by the PS4 at launch and probably would've been just as happy waiting a year or two)

So I'll have my XBX at launch, a PS5 when they get cheaper and/or redesign it a bit (As long as they keep the option for physical media!), and enjoy the best of both worlds. :)

Top Bottom