• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those with a PS5 and Switch which one are you getting first

Which one to buy first Spiderman or Mario

• Total voters

Minsc

Gold Member
Own both systems, neither as well. Not even planning on playing them to be honest.

Too bad this thread wasn't what I was hoping, which am I getting first, PS5 Pro or Switch 2. To that the answer is whichever releases first lol.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'll wait until Mario goes on sale.

Who’s going to tell him?

Nintendo when they hear ‘sale’:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Crayon

Skipping spiderman but I haven't even looked at mario wonder. I really should. brb.... Oh it's a 2D one. Not interested.

Garibaldi

Spider-man. Doubt I'll bother with Mario unless it's on a deep sale (which it never will be). I've not even seen any media for it tbh

Drizzlehell

Banned
Neither. I'll be playing horror games this month and then I'm picking up Alan Wake 2 and MGS Collection and probably gonna keep playing the latter till the end of the year, along with the rest of my humongous backlog.

Spider-Man will probably be a game that I would enjoy but I just have no interest in it right now and it doesn't seem to be doing anything groundbreaking enough to be a day 1 purchase for me.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Spider-man, because I'm travelling at the start of next year and am taking my Switch and laptop with me, so I'll get to Wonder then (as well as a BoTW replay).

mrmustard

Banned
If i had both i would let my wallet decide. Nintendo games are like cash for years while Sony/MS games drop very fast , so obviously the Nintendo game first.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Spider-Man 2. Digital deluxe is loaded and ready to go. Wonder will be what I play during the holidays.

Definitely Mario. I'll get Spidey after a few patches since they seem to do a great job in that regard and I'm only playing through it once.

Isa

World of Horror for both, Crymachina on PS5. Definitely most certainly not some Marvel game but I might snag Mario. I'm leaning towards it actually since I have the option to play with other characters. Should be fun with my GF.

Justin9mm

Super Mario Bros Wonder is the first game that has made me want to buy a Switch.. But I'm not paying for an outdated handheld that is still too pricey for such old tech just to play one game. I can't justify it, even for a second-hand one. I'll stick to my Anbernic handheld with old school 2D Mario to get my fix in honour of Wonder.

Vroadstar

I have both, however, still trying to finish BG3 (Act 2). I'm not into Mario games, so it's Spidaman2 for me

Last edited:
Smbw, why because it's $60. I dont buy $70 games. Ill wait it will be half price in a year. Even less if I buy it used. Plus I never finished the first game yet.

Mario I can play with my wife. On switch I can play while cooking dinner, taking a dump, on the porch, on work breaks, etc... It's a better buy for me now.

Of course I will be picking up metal gear and cities skylines 2 next week too. Then Gothic 2 switch in November.

NikuNashi

Spider-Man, not a kid anymore to buy Mario game at release.

I have some bad news for you, running around a fictional new york dressed in a lycra suit, beating up meanies does not make you any more adult than playing mario.

Its normally insecure angsty teens that try to distance themselves from those 'kids' games.

Lokaum D+

I have some bad news for you, running around a fictional new york dressed in a lycra suit, beating up meanies does not make you any more adult than playing mario.

Its normally insecure angsty teens that try to distance themselves from those 'kids' games.
Yeah, been playing mario since Snes, its just new power ups, i think i prefer some more "mature" setting.

Last edited:

SCB3

Both Day 1 and on their way, having just wrapped up Baldurs Gate 3 and Sonic Superstars, i free to dive in

I'm getting Spider-Man 2 but not Wonder. I haven't enjoyed the 2D Mario games at all since the 90's, and I don't really trust Nintendo when it comes to Mario games anymore unfortunately. Galaxy and 3D World were great games but Odyssey is easily the worst Mario game I've ever played, I can't understand how it could review so well or be so appreciated overall.

gamer82

Spidey is already preloaded i will save mario for christmas as i only have a switch light and with studies i prob wont get time to actually sit down with both. The joys of being an adult :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Mario I need a gaming palette cleaning. Also I haven't even played both Spiderman or Myles versions yet!

Laieon

I don't really like 2D platformers (my favorite to this day is still Ducktales), so definitely Spider-Man 2.

Top Bottom