• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor, 4chan - First leak suggesting Xbox Series X may be LESS powerful than PS5. 12.6 Teraflop PS5?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Last edited:

TBiddy

Ya'll slackin. Possibly first leak suggesting PS5 will be more powerful than Series X (Forbes) and not a peep from GAF.

Ok you tech noggins. Does this make sense? Real? Fake?

Mods....close if old.

It's because this "leak" has been discussed numerous times already.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Awww dangit. I searched for the thread. Ok close it down Mods...nothin to see here lol.

Blond

Banned
evwrVyX.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There is no way the storage in ps5 will just be 500gb when aaa games will be 100+ next gen.

I call fake but apart from the storage both specs would seem very nice.
Question, if it's 1TB
are you keeping it or upgrading it?

Lol they're running with 4Chan leaks now as their source? The hell happened to Forbes? They used to do real reporting, now it just feels like anything in desperation to get a click. Even places like IGN and Polygon seem to do more with their reporting nowadays xD.

Last edited:

Kagero

There is no way the storage in ps5 will just be 500gb when aaa games will be 100+ next gen.

I call fake but apart from the storage both specs would seem very nice.
I don’t know about that. The fast SSD I would imagine is very expensive. There was also all that talk from Sony about partial installs. I think 500gb might be a reality unfortunately.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Lmao already upset because the PS5 might be more powerful? 😂😂😂
You gotta go with the leak that supports your corporation bias.
Interesting turn of events.
*sits back and waits for xbox fanboys to start their cries*
Might wanna do a little reading up on this one babe 🤣 Xboys ain’t the ones crying.
As long as somebody cries.
Pc mustard race here.

Is NeoGAF populated entirely by 12-year olds?

Kagey K

Banned
It’s all rubbish, my friend works for McDonald’s and he told me the PS5 ships with a 512mb SSD.
Any chance your ”friend” can hook me up with these? 😉

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Any chance your uncle can hook me up with these?

H6zmvpk.gif

Virex

Banned
It’s all rubbish, my friend works for McDonald’s and he told me the PS5 ships with a 512mb SSD.
He's telling you lies. My uncles who owns Playstation told me the PS5 uses processing power from the future via quantum mechanics and it will be 190,000,000 teraflops with 2mb of ram. It also won't connect to the internet. It will have the internet built into it. Also that each chip will be personally rubbed on Mark Cerny's left nipple.

MaxB

Banned
Not sure why it was assumed to end up any other way? Microsoft isn't focused on having the most powerful system available, working towards turning their gaming division into one huge GAAS depot. Sony has always maintained that its principal concern is the delivery of compelling single player fare. One of the key ways they can do that next gen is to ensure their system is the most powerful.

JaffeLion

Banned
Not sure why it was assumed to end up any other way? Microsoft isn't focused on having the most powerful system available, working towards turning their gaming division into one huge GAAS depot. Sony has always maintained that its principal concern is the delivery of compelling single player fare. One of the key ways they can do that next gen is to ensure their system is the most powerful.

what are you Talking about? That’s why Xbox one X is currently the most powerful console? Doesn’t make any sense.
Also Sony is shifting to services as well - same as MS.
You will see MUCH LESS single player AAA exclusives nextgen. Sony already confirmed it.

Top Bottom