• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Top Earners 2015 (Floyd, Pacquiao, Katy Perry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/

Forbes just released their report on the highest paid celebrities of 2015.

497866_600.jpg

#1 Floyd Mayweather
Category: Athletes
Earnings: $300 M

#2 Manny Pacquiao
Category: Athletes
Earnings: $160 M

#3 dKaty Perry
Category: Musicians
Earnings: $135 M

Mayweather's $300 million year shatters the record for athlete earnings, which was previously held by Tiger Woods who banked $115 million in 2008. Mayweather's May 2 fight against Manny Pacquiao crushed multiple boxing financial records, including PPV buys (4.4 million), total gate ($73 million) and sponsorships ($13 million). The fight is expected to gross more than $600 million once everything is counted.

Pacquiao's $125 million payday for his bout against Floyd Mayweather was four times his previous high for a boxing match (Pacman's boxing earnings also include $23 million for his November fight against Chris Algieri). Pacquiao boosted his income further through endorsement deals with Nike, Foot Locker, Wonderful Pistachios, Nestle's Butterfinger and a handful in the Philippines.

Touring explains Perry’s whopping pretax earnings of $135 million over the past 12 months, placing her at No. 3 on this year’s Celebrity 100 list, behind only the boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao–who earned a one-night, once-in-a-generation payday for their snooze of a fight–and more than Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus combined.

Crazy that just weeks after getting a billion youtube views on her song, Dark Horse, dKaty Perry is confirmed to be the 3rd highest paid celeb in the world, and the highest paid female celeb.

Is dKaty Perry gonna be one of those GAF memes where all the people involved don't tell anyone what it actually means? Because it seems like one of those.

Griss

Crazy how much of a cultural bubble you can put yourself in on the internet, I had no idea Katy Perry was that big or what she looked like. Just listened to two of her 'hits'... so she's that person. I don't like that person. Crimes against music.

Crazy how much of a cultural bubble you can put yourself in on the internet, I had no idea Katy Perry was that big or what she looked like. Just listened to two of her 'hits'... so she's that person. I don't like that person. Crimes against music.

Strange how Perry is being singled out here considering Floyd is an unapologetic serial woman-beating dickbag.

Strange how Perry is being singled out here considering Floyd is an unapologetic serial woman-beating dickbag.

M...Manny cheated on his wife I think

If it's a race to who's the worst person, Floyd wins
If it's a race to who has the most money, Floyd wins
If it's a race to see who can sing at the Super Bowl while riding the goddamn NBC More You Know Star, Katy wins

Meowster

If this is true, then Taylor is barely even factored in for this term. Holy shit. She'll be making huge money and might even top GaGa and make break into the fold as third highest grossing female musician according to Forbes grossings next year.

Mimosa97

So many conservative radio-tv hosts. Liberals : 0. Now you know where the money's at folks.

And wow at the number of country singers I've never heard of ...

But again I'm not american.

kswiston

Since Pop GAF is making this year's list about memes instead of the actual ranking, here are the Top 25 for those interested:

1) Floyd Mayweather - $300M
2) Manny Pacquiao - $160M
3) Katy Perry - $135M
4) One Direction - $130M
5) Howard Stern - $95M
6) Garth Brooks - $90M
7) James Patterson - $89M
8) Robert Downy Jr. - $80M
9) Taylor Swift - $80M
10) Cristiano Ronaldo - $79.5M
11) Rush Limbaugh - $79M
12) Ellen DeGeneres - $75M
13) Lionel Messi - $74M
14) The Eagles - $73.5M
15) Dr. Phil McGraw - $70M
16) Roger Federer - $67M
17) Calvin Harris - $66M
18) LeBron James - $65M
19) Justin Timberlake - $63.5M
20) David Copperfield - $63M
21) Sean Combs - $60M
22) Gordon Ramsay - $60M
23) Ryan Seacrest - $60M
24) Fleetwood Mac - $59.5M
25) Lady Gaga - $59M

Jennifer Lawrence was the highest paid female actor at $52M

Now that Rihanna isn't making music anymore Katy Phelps stands radiant and alone atop the pile of discarded human flesh that is contemporary solo female pop, and music is better for it. PRISM (Deluxe Edition) [Canada, UK] is perhaps the only big mainstream pop album of recent memory that's actually worth listening to.

Fey was right, and nobody listened.

Shame.

She is very proud of her two hits, she says they're a gift from god and she always wanted them :) Good on her for making bank, I'm not a fan of her music but she has a great attitude towards entertaining.

Since Pop GAF is making this year's list about memes instead of the actual ranking, here are the Top 25 for those interested:

1) Floyd Mayweather - $300M
2) Manny Pacquiao - $160M
3) Katy Perry - $135M
4) One Direction - $130M
5) Howard Stern - $95M
6) Garth Brooks - $90M
7) James Patterson - $89M
8) Robert Downy Jr. - $80M
9) Taylor Swift - $80M
10) Cristiano Ronaldo - $79.5M
11) Rush Limbaugh - $79M
12) Ellen DeGeneres - $75M
13) Lionel Messi - $74M
14) The Eagles - $73.5M
15) Dr. Phil McGraw - $70M
16) Roger Federer - $67M
17) Calvin Harris - $66M
18) LeBron James - $65M
19) Justin Timberlake - $63.5M
20) David Copperfield - $63M
21) Sean Combs - $60M
22) Gordon Ramsay - $60M
23) Ryan Seacrest - $60M
24) Fleetwood Mac - $59.5M
25) Lady Gaga - $59M

Jennifer Lawrence was the highest paid female actor at $52M

Fleetwood Mac higher than Lady Gaga? Did I miss something?

Busty

Banned
I question just how much of that $135m actually went into Ms Perry's back pocket wither her army of lawyers, managers, agents etc, etc, etc.

Jarrod38

I'm more shocked James Patterson didn't pull more than $100. I mean feels like he has a new book every other month. This gif basically sums him up.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom