• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

MAC GREYGOUR PULLED HIS PAUNCHES

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Wallach

That was a boring ass 100 million dollar fight.
Also the anthem, that was either a very thick Irish accent or it wasn't in English, what the fock.

pretty sure it was gaelic

it was also a damn sight better than the belting lovato dished out

JettDash

People really think that Conor threw it?

LOL

If he won, it would have been one of the greatest upsets in sports history and he would be one of the most famous people in the world.

Such idiots.

Yeah, for a guy who is famous for being untouchable, dude has a chin of iron.

RealisticClutteredDavidstiger-size_restricted.gif

You can actually see Floyd's legs give up for a second and then become possessed and straighten back up. This was the only time I've ever seen Floyd really 'hurt' by a punch.
This reminds me of that hook Ali took from Forman and he just made a conscious decision to not be knocked out. Seems like Floyd did the same thing here. His legs were like, "we need a break, let's go down" and his brain was like "No, get yourself together". That conversation all happened in a split second though.

Sentenza

Anyone else watching FS1?

Seriously, is Skip Bayless just trolling or has he lost his mind?

He never was the smartest sport commentator, but at this point I'm suspecting he's playing it up for laughs or for attention.
No one can be that delusional.

He literally declared that the referee "saved Mayweather from a savage beating" yesterday.

JettDash

He never was the smartest sport commentator, but at this point I'm suspecting he's playing it up for laughs or for attention.

He literally declared that the referee "saved Mayweather from a savage beating" yesterday.

LMAO. What did Shannon say in response?

He is always finding ways to spin lol, nothing new here. He does it in other sports too for example in nba he will find ways to spin something related to leBron as a negative.

This fight was fixed. We all got played by these two. They got millions and we loss money. Both are laughing all the way to the bank.

I just assume every boxing match is fixed. This one more than anything. Even if it wasn't it was just a pure cash grab. We all knew how it was going to end either way. Such a scummy sport professionally.

Either way, can't believe people spent $100 on this junk when I got just as good of an experience watching the highlights 10 minutes after it ended.

PK Gaming

I just assume every boxing match is fixed. This one more than anything. Even if it wasn't it was just a pure cash grab. We all knew how it was going to end either way. Such a scummy sport professionally.

Either way, can't believe people spent $100 on this junk when I got just as good of an experience watching the highlights 10 minutes after it ended.

Read this post with Steve's voice and absolutely lost it

Not passing judgement either way but man, it's too perfect

This fight got people sounding dumb as hell. Why in the world would this fight need to be fixed? Why would they need to fix the fight between one of the greatest boxers of all time against a total amateur in favor of one of the greatest boxers of all time? Fucking everything is a conspiracy these days. You all sound like flat earthers/truthers/anti vaxxers for real.

This fight got people sounding dumb as hell. Why in the world would this fight need to be fixed? Why would they need to fix the fight between one of the greatest boxers of all time against a total amateur in favor of one of the greatest boxers of all time? Fucking everything is a conspiracy these days. You all sound like flat earthers/truthers/anti vaxxers for real.
It is silly. Had to tune out a lot of sports people journalists and commentators as well.

40 years old and still want that 50-0 record. Millions upon millions in both fighter's pockets. McGregor returns to MMA with a boxing match doing nothing to tarnish his career. In this case both fighters have nothing to lose.

Got a refund from UFC TV, without even asking. I assume that they saw that I couldn't log in when the Mayweather fight was about to start. I was about to hit them up today about the refund. Glad they are doing the right thing.

kikiribu

No lies detected.

40 years old and still want that 50-0 record. Millions upon millions in both fighter's pockets. McGregor returns to MMA with a boxing match doing nothing to tarnish his career. In this case both fighters have nothing to lose.
You don't need fixing for this to be true. These are all the reasons the fight got green lit by all parties involved in the first place.

Hypron

So you're saying that McGregor would have beaten Mayweather if the fight wasn't "rigged"?

So you're saying that McGregor would have beaten Mayweather if the fight wasn't "rigged"?

Some possibility exists for McGregor to knockout Mayweather, yes. McGregor has the punching power. Just takes one shot. And a chance Mayweather's perfect record turns into 49-1 right before retirement? That would be devastating to his ego and legacy. Especially coming from a fighter in his first professional boxing bout. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged, just saying.

Moze

Banned
Some possibility exists for McGregor to knock out Mayweather, yes.

Before the fight, I believed there was a possibility of him delivering a lucky KO in the early rounds. But after seeing the fight? No chance. There is no reality where Conor can beat Floyd at his current skill level. He can't box for shit and lacks any sort of power in the boxing ring to be able to KO Floyd.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

or maybe he chose to fight mcgregor because it was an easy win that would earn a lot of money.

mcgregor is not a professional boxer and never has been. he was always going to lose barring a miracle.

It is fixed in the sense that both fighters knew the outcome (or should have) beforehand. Because McGregor simply had no chance.

kikiribu

Some possibility exists for McGregor to knockout Mayweather, yes. McGregor has the punching power. Just takes one shot. And a chance Mayweather's perfect record turns into 49-1 right before retirement? That would be devastating to his ego and legacy. Especially coming from a fighter in his first professional boxing bout. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged, just saying.
One shot according to who? You? Conor?

Mayweather already said Conor wasn't even the hardest puncher he's faced and it showed. You really just seem upset Conor got TKO'd. Conspiracy theories won't change what happened. Conor was never going to win this fight. He doesn't have the experience or the skill.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Come on man that's a little harsh, don't you th........oh.

Wow.

Top Bottom