• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former FBI Director James Comey gets a $2 million book deal

johnsmith

remember me
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-02-11-05-40

NEW YORK (AP) -- Former FBI Director James Comey has a book deal.

Flatiron Books told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Comey is writing a book about leadership and decision making that will draw upon his career in government. Comey will write about experiences that made him the FBI's best-known and most controversial FBI head in recent times, from his handling of the bureau's probe into Hillary Clinton's private email server to allegations of ties between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential campaign.

Trump fired Comey in May and soon after told NBC News that he was angered by the FBI's investigation into "this Russia thing with Trump and Russia," which he called a fake story. Comey has since testified before Congress that Trump asked him to end an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael T. Flynn and kept memos about his meetings with the president.

According to Flatiron, Comey will cite "examples from some of the highest-stakes situations in the past two decades of American government" and "share yet-unheard anecdotes from his long and distinguished career."

The book is currently untitled and scheduled for publication next spring.

Comey was represented by Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn of Javelin. Financial terms were not disclosed, but several publishers bid for the book and three officials with knowledge of the negotiations said the auction topped $2 million. The officials asked not to be identified because were not authorized to discuss the book.

His written testimony about his Trump meetings was some gripping stuff, he seems to be a solid writer so definitely interested in reading this.

Bleepey

James and the Giant Impeachment
James and the Giant Peach's Impeachment
James the Giant and Impeachment
Giant James and the Impeachment
The Nauseus J.B.C
Comey

Yo Comey feel free to send me a cheque or two for the book title.

Fury451

Banned
Yeah, I don't think he's actually writing about any of these events in detail as a "tell all" though, so I wouldn't get too excited about that aspect.

The book is about leadership and decision making.

Shauni

Goddmmit it all, I should go apply to the Trump administration so I can get a book deal and be set for life. I bet I can make any job there right now into sensational stuff.

"Tales you won't believe from the shithole: My year as a the bathroom attendant in Trump's White House."

Dai101

Banned
YdMhU.gif

Sheikh it, baby!!!

Occam

Wouldn't the protagonist of the movie be Mueller? That is, if Trump is actually forced to step down.

Syriel

That seems lower than expected

Probably $2 million plus an agreement to defend against all of Trump's baseless lawsuits.

Given that Trump has the resources of the US govt behind him, and a spineless GOP that's too cowardly to enforce the rule of law, you can bet that the big baby will flip when he hears Comey is gettin' paid.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
There are going to be some record breaking books deals for those in and around the administration. This is just the beginning.

I want Prebius to write a book since apparently he didn't sign an NDA. However, I don't think he will since a book about this insanity will hurt the GOP brand.

Top Bottom