• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

Raven117

I finished it this morning and I thought it was weird there wasn’t an episode on Redbull. Strange choice on Netflix’s part.
Might have more to do with redbull than Netflix.

Rumors were that Max never liked the show because it does/did him dirty. Checo wasn’t wild about it as he did a whole Mexico episode with him and his family, and Netflix used none of the footage.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Drive To Survive is fine if you're a casual fan, but if you know F1 very well, it's utter horseshit.

Frankly, I wish they'd never made it. It's contributed massively to the degradation of the sport, in favour of 'the show'.

Drive To Survive is fine if you're a casual fan, but if you know F1 very well, it's utter horseshit.

Frankly, I wish they'd never made it. It's contributed massively to the degradation of the sport, in favour of 'the show'.
Hard disagree, it’s brought more people into the sport and increased F1s popularity, especially in the US.
It’s also not meant to be a hard core gear head documentary. It’s meant to be an entertaining marketing tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

The idea that the show has contributed to the degradation of the sport is both anecdotal (how can you even prove this) and misunderstands all the other complexities involved in the sport. IMO.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hard disagree, it’s brought more people into the sport and increased F1s popularity, especially in the US.
It’s also not meant to be a hard core gear head documentary. It’s meant to be an entertaining marketing tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

The idea that the show has contributed to the degradation of the sport is both anecdotal (how can you even prove this) and misunderstands all the other complexities involved in the sport. IMO.

Disagree all you like, but I’ve been watching F1 for thirty years, and as a competitive sport, this is the worst state it’s ever been in… partially due to the rampant Americanisation of the sport thanks to Liberty Media. Decisions are not being made for the good of the racing, but for the show.

Drive To Survive has to fake drama, because there isn’t any on track, where it should be.

Last edited:
Horner cleared.
It was all bullshit.
This seems like it was clearly a suspicious attack against him in an attempt to damage him/redbull and defame his character.

Edit.
F1 23 will be March free game on PlayStation. I’ll play it. Nice.

Last edited:

DJ12

Horner cleared.
It was all bullshit.
This seems like it was clearly a suspicious attack against him in an attempt to damage him/redbull and defame his character.

Edit.
F1 23 will be March free game on PlayStation. I’ll play it. Nice.
I think we'll find out the truth when Geri gets a divorce.

twilo99

No one is touching VER on race pace, no surprise there, but the fight for second is looking spicy

Verstappen +0.0
Perez +0.1
Piastri +0.12
Russell +0.36
Norris +0.37
Hamilton +0.38
Leclerc +0.41
Sainz +0.55
Alonso +0.58

Last edited:

Raven117

Oh please dude. Do you get a merit badge that says you were a fan before "Drive to Survive?" Maybe if you try a bit harder, you can sound even more like a douche.

Look, Drive to Survive is a fantastic marketing tool that brings people to the sport. Lots...LOTS of people come for the drama of Drive to Survive but actually stay for the racing of F1. My girlfriend is a big F1 fan because of Drive to Survive. She is waking me up to watch races here in the States now.

Sure, there have been more bad ass eras of F1, but that has nothing to do with Liberty Media (or the Americanization).

F1 is nothing but a "show." Its billboards going 200 mph...its rich people behaving badly, everyone is good looking, everyone is petty, everyone is competitive. Its a great...silly...and serious sport.

Maybe lighten up.

Last edited:

Raven117

No one is touching VER on race pace, no surprise there, but the fight for second is looking spicy

Verstappen +0.0
Perez +0.1
Piastri +0.12
Russell +0.36
Norris +0.37
Hamilton +0.38
Leclerc +0.41
Sainz +0.55
Alonso +0.58
This is my boy right here!

twilo99

More data. Just remember this is all on the C3 tire, which is the soft for this race, and I think the other cars might be a bit closer to RB with the harder compounds

But the gaps behind Red Bull are incredibly tight.

Alpine looks absolutely horrible

Last edited:

panda-zebra

P3 before the first race and not feeling the hype so far... the CH sideshow has all the headlines and his moob shot easily the current season highlight to beat.

Horner cleared.
It was all bullshit.
This post aged like lashings of week old milk dolloping out onto the morning Coco Pops, thud, thud, thud.

What is it, #TeamFinger or #TeamTodger?

DJ12 DJ12 panda-zebra panda-zebra

I was reporting what was being reported that day, from every source of information we had at the time.
I don’t really give a shit when it comes down to it. Of course if he actually did something there should be serious consequences.
But I always err on the side of caution, the internet is filled with people who don’t care anything at all about the truth, and just want clicks.
But if you guys need these kinds of small wins to feel better about your lives, then more power to you lmfao.

panda-zebra

I was reporting what was being reported that day, from every source of information we had at the time.
There was only 1 source of information, and that was Red Bull themselves. Nobody else on the outside knew anything more than they knew in the previous days, only that Red Bull gave themselves and Horner the thumbs up, until Google Drive To Survive came to the rescue..

I don’t really give a shit when it comes down to it. Of course if he actually did something there should be serious consequences.

There could be few more serious consequences than a costly divorce and his family tearing apart, but you gave enough of a shit to come here gloating about Christian's been cleared without any critical thinking when it was all bullshit. But that itself was the bullshit that RB fed to everyone and some were dumb enough to think that was good enough without any evidence one way or the other.

Nobody really gives a shit when it comes down to it. I mean plenty will find it funny that Horny Horner had to dart off to the bogs for a wank when things got a bit heated with his PA on a plane, and maybe the same for the fact that he liked to pester her for video chats so he could jack himself to sleep, after all, she does wear Spanx leggings and he probably only did what any red-blooded man in his 50s might, right?

But if you guys need these kinds of small wins to feel better about your lives, then more power to you lmfao.
Yes that's what it's all about.

Just a reminder once again, it was yourself that jumped in the thread regurgitating RB's "CH did nothing wrong" bollocks without questioning how iffy that looked... I guess winning by OGs works, but maybe there's no "sides" to this and it's not about "winning" anything, just exposing CH for what he is.

Anyway, because it was such a "win", to celebrate I'm off to browse the Spanx catalogue now in preparation for a "Hans Solo"(sic). lmfao.

Last edited:

DJ12

DJ12 DJ12 panda-zebra panda-zebra

But I always err on the side of caution, the internet is filled with people who don’t care anything at all about the truth, and just want clicks.
It's not a case of winning you manchild it was more a continuation of the conversation of the truth coming to light.

I didn't even think you disagreed with that assessment until you came over all passive aggressive

It's not a case of winning you manchild it was more a continuation of the conversation of the truth coming to light.

I didn't even think you disagreed with that assessment until you came over all passive aggressive
But when you post like that, it isn’t just a continuation. It’s funny you say that because man child is exactly what I thought of you. Go figure.

panda-zebra panda-zebra
It’s what every news outlet was reporting. I didn’t “jump into the thread”
I saw the news that morning and made a post.

If you guys would have handled your responses like adults we wouldn’t be here. But you had to post asinine replies.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Pretty close qualifying. Max didn't have the best time of all 3 sessions and a lot of the cars ended up within a single second. I expected more from Toro Rosso after their statements on how they're going to be working closely with the main team.

Alpine is absolutely nowhere, I hope their drivers and fans are ready to be even more depressed than McLaren fans in the first part of the season last year.

uKHSE6u.jpeg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Boring race. I was especially disappointed with Fernando's race pace - he was in no shape to fight the first four teams and was just giving up without putting up a fight. At least both Aston's scored points.

The new boss at Toro Rosso will be getting headaches this year with both drivers wanting to show their best and Yuki being a hothead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom