• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

Jesus, Piastri really dodged a bullet there by joining McLaren. Alpine looks like it’s falling apart.
Ocon and Gasly are now the musicians on the Titanic.

yTzJcGO.jpeg

Last edited:
Jesus, rumors are going off right now…

Max to Mercedes? If he leaves everyone will try to nab Newey in the fallout, where does this leave Alonso and Sainz? Do they team up and go to a restructured Redbull?
Other rumors about Horner trying to take a stake in Redbull ala Toto with Mercedes being the real reason for the massive leaks and effort to get rid of him?

I dont know… it’s all speculation at this point, but man, imagine if Max went to Lewis's old team and then continued to win.

2025 is going to be one hell of a year. It really makes 2024 seem like even more of a waiting year for the sport- it will likely be a repeat of 2023, and all the exciting stuff won’t come til after the season is over.

Again this is just speculation from various videos and twitter and news outlets, I’m not “jumping in” to stir drama or claim anything in this post is a fact.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Antonelli didn't show anything in F2 yet.

I call this entire drama shit stirrin' from Jos and/or Marko to receive enough support so that Horner will be fired after all. The situation at Red Bull would have to be truly horrible for Max to leave while having a winning car at least until the end of the next season.

twilo99

I’ve been following Bearman through the junior series and can tell you that he is a very quick driver and loves this circuit.

I’d take him over Hamilton for next season for example for that’s just me of course.

Hopefully Sainz gets better soon and was not contagious because he was all over the pit yesterday obviously.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
RPM is an international treasure.

If you haven't seen it you need to watch his Netherlands video from last year lol

"RIP Logan and shout out to the Freedom Tower"

"America invaded the barriers to sow the seeds of democracy!"

🤣

Literally the only entertaining thing about F1 at the moment. If he's at the British Grand Prix I'm going to track him down and buy him a watered down pint.

xrnzaaas

I’ve been following Bearman through the junior series and can tell you that he is a very quick driver and loves this circuit.

I’d take him over Hamilton for next season for example for that’s just me of course.

Hopefully Sainz gets better soon and was not contagious because he was all over the pit yesterday obviously.
I think he did okay in qualifying. Made some small errors, but didn't bin the car. That's part of learning the limits of the car and clearly you can't go too far in Jeddah or you're ending up in the wall. Hopefully he'll have a decent, trouble-free race today.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Literally the only entertaining thing about F1 at the moment. If he's at the British Grand Prix I'm going to track him down and buy him a watered down pint.
He is great.

His "RIP "x" and shout out to their family" line is something I use weekly lol

twilo99

I think he did okay in qualifying. Made some small errors, but didn't bin the car. That's part of learning the limits of the car and clearly you can't go too far in Jeddah or you're ending up in the wall. Hopefully he'll have a decent, trouble-free race today.

Well they called him at 1400 and he was in the car doing FP3 like 5hrs later so..

He was on it from the first 3 laps so let’s see how it goes today. I’m expecting him to be in the fight for 7 bar any mistakes.

This also highlights that Ferrari have built a decent race car this year.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Bearman looks like he may be the real deal. He and Lawson will be fun to see when they get their seats.

But it's another Max victory because the fucker can't let us have nice things.

twilo99

Here are the real gaps, although I’m never sure if VER is pushing flat out since he is not under pressure.

And here is the change compared to last year.. Alpine are actually slower than last year, horrible.

Change vs 2023 (Faster driver, s/lap)
McL -1.88📈
Ferrari -1.15
Williams -1.11
Haas -0.93
Sauber -0.64 (and one less stop)
Merc -0.59
RedBull -0.52
VCARB -0.34
Aston -0.27
Alpine +0.15📉

xrnzaaas

Bearman and Lawson should both be in F1 next year... just fire K-Mag and Danny Ric (and/or Tsunoda) to make room. Bearman drove extremely well, only one minor lockup based on what I've seen and he was able to set good times in the end to prevent Lando from catching up.

Stroll dragging the team down again, what a shocker. At least we got that funny radio if he can come back to the pits.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He was up until 4am yesterday playing iRacing.

That is not a joke btw.

It's a joke that F1 is in the state it's in that the championship leader can do whatever the hell he likes in his spare time, and still win.

This is years of people in charge worrying too much about how many fireworks are let off at the end of the race, and not worrying enough about how the actual cars function on the actual race track.

Liberty Media are fucking useless. They care about national anthems and razzamatazz. They have no idea how to handle F1 teams. Say what you like about Bernie, but he knew how to walk the line. F1 is now run by PT Barnum.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

It's a joke that F1 is in the state it's in that the championship leader can do whatever the hell he likes in his spare time, and still win.
What? Is the driver not allowed to have free time? I assume they had their debriefs after qualifying and that's that. We should applaud they don't work 24/7 during the racing weekends considering how many races we'll have this season and how exhausting it'll be for everyone involved.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What? Is the driver not allowed to have free time? I assume they had their debriefs after qualifying and that's that. We should applaud they don't work 24/7 during the racing weekends considering how many races we'll have this season and how exhausting it'll be for everyone involved.

I'm getting at the fact Max can easily go off and have fun, instead of being in lengthy meetings about how they need to extract more performance - like just about every other driver. I don't blame him at all for fucking off and mucking about with video games. It's not his fault the sport is as fucked as it is.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I'm getting at the fact Max can easily go off and have fun, instead of being in lengthy meetings about how they need to extract more performance - like just about every other driver. I don't blame him at all for fucking off and mucking about with video games. It's not his fault the sport is as fucked as it is.
Iracing for him is just part of the job, just like karting. Its one of the reasons why Max gets more performance out of the car - His mind in-season is always about F1.

Personally i find it quite unhealthy because it indeed makes Max look like a metronome. But it delivers you the win, so eh.

Bearman was fantastic. Lovely story and with points to boot.

Stroll making it readily apparent, as with Danny Ric, that one should consider doing something else.

Because Max is talented and doesn’t spend 100% of his time in meetings (or doing whatever you think he should be doing) somehow liberty media is to blame, and the sport is in shambles? As if you know better than him and his team. Wow.
This doesn’t track and it doesn’t follow, there’s no logic here.

Edit.
Also, time zones are a thing. He was keeping to an internal clock based on UK time, no need to get up at 6 am if the race isn’t until 8pm local time.
Also this

Last edited:
Top Bottom