• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

DBT85

I can't imagine them making this huge, costly case at the FIA court only to say "no further action taken"

The last paragraph of their thing after Mexico was this

The FIA takes this opportunity to advise that, in the event of any future incident similar to the one that occurred in Mexico, disciplinary action will be taken by bringing such incident before the FIA International Tribunal to be judged.

Anyone here race RC cars? Used to when I was a kid and am thinking of getting back into it.

I used to when I was a kid too, got back into it about 6 years ago but stopped after a year. There's nowhere near the interest in it that there used to be, the nearest club to race at is about 20 miles from me where there used to be a lot more local. Oh and with brushless motors and lipo batteries the cars are ridiculously fast compared to the cars I used as a kid.

Spades

I used to when I was a kid too, got back into it about 6 years ago but stopped after a year. There's nowhere near the interest in it that there used to be, the nearest club to race at is about 20 miles from me where there used to be a lot more local. Oh and with brushless motors and lipo batteries the cars are ridiculously fast compared to the cars I used as a kid.

Tempted to pick up one of these for a bit of fun:

84287.jpg

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=421219

Mohonky

Anyone here race RC cars? Used to when I was a kid and am thinking of getting back into it.

I race FPV now, but I still have my 1/8 electric Buggy and Truggy sitting there ready to go, but Im not working / dealing with anxiety / cant afford the cost of tyres etc. otherwise I'd love to get back into it. Would also love to race F1 RC, but either Im imagining things or the price of surface vehicles has sky rocketed lately and there's no real onroad clubs around me anywah.

Its good fun, just it has a high entry price and on going costs associated with it.

Surprisingly the FPV stuff is actually a lot cheaper. I can build 3 racing quads for the cost of one decent on or offroad vehicle.

My history with F1 only dates a few years of following the races but a childhood of playing an F1 game on the N64. I completely forgot how I actually knew a lot of the circuits. That leads me to today where I watch compilation videos of funny/crazy F1 things and man that shit is crazy sometimes! Just recently watched Mika's crash and subsequent thoughts on it all.

Aiii

So not worth it
Goodwood apparently being something Drew and Dave were unfamiliar with, which is a bit of a surprise. I'd hope Danny would have been able to put them right.

To be fair, they know next to nothing about autosport outside of the few years of F1 they've watched.

To be fair, they know next to nothing about autosport outside of the few years of F1 they've watched.

It's a bit shocking sometimes, but I still like them for the entertainment value and the race preview/recap, as it helps me to get into the mood and remind me of certains events during the race. It's annoying that they didn't have as many podcasts together this year, though.

Ronbo sold his McLaren shares to the Bahrainis for £275m, there's nothing stopping Ojjeh from dumping Honda now.

The Japanese journo who called the Sauber Honda deal last year says McLaren could run the Mercedes PU in a b-spec car at the Hungary test.

McLaren are finished.

R.I.P

I'd maaaaaaaybe agree with "The Jense" and "move on" if it was an isolated incident and if Vettel was a man and owned up to a stupid move, HOWEVER this is not Vettel's first road rige issue and it MUST be looked into.

John_B

Go back and read the statement from the FIA regarding the incident in Mexico. The FIA will penalize Vettel because they made exceptions and warned him not even 10 months ago. It's absolutely his own doing.

a.wd

I'd maaaaaaaybe agree with "The Jense" and "move on" if it was an isolated incident and if Vettel was a man and owned up to a stupid move, HOWEVER this is not Vettel's first road rige issue and it MUST be looked into.

Yeah, if this was an isolated incident and he showed some contrition then fair enough, it's racing move on.

But after the charlie thing and then afterwards being a petulant brat about it, not showing any contrition then I was really unimpressed, it should be looked at and I think he should have been blackflagged in the race.

He has these outbursts every so often and he vacillates from being really happy and funny to being a full tilt dickhead, even Lewis doesn't flip out like that.

(full disclosure team #blessed)

Go back and read the statement from the FIA regarding the incident in Mexico. The FIA will penalize Vettel because they made exceptions and warned him not even 10 months ago. It's absolutely his own doing.

Nah, they should just admit that their statement to him that they would not tolerate more behaviour of this kind was just an empty threat and move on.

Because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom