• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how much that McHonda cries on the Spa and Monza tarmac.
If that was their performance target for the pre-season test, then there was never any hope.

Don't the oil burn limits come into effect after the summer break from unlimited to 0.9l?

The honorable Honda will be fine, it's all up from now on. Honda have finally eliminated all the issues brought on by McLaren, they've been working with the aerospace industry on their new combustion, they're bringing the 2nd part of the latest update to SPA - new Turbo/MGU-H, mappings, then a final big update (new combustion) in October which will take them past Renault and Ferrari in performance. Honda will have done a tremendous job at season's end. From a blank sheet onto Mercedes coat tails in 15 months👌 Hasegawa :bow

I do hope McLaren and Alonso get lumbered with sloppy thirds from Renault and Toro Rosso beast them with The Beast next season.

Don't the oil burn limits come into effect after the summer break from unlimited to 0.9l?

The honorable Honda will be fine, it's all up from now on. Honda have finally eliminated all the issues brought on by McLaren, they've been working with the aerospace industry on their new combustion, they're bringing the 2nd part of the latest update to SPA - new Turbo/MGU-H, mappings, then a final big update (new combustion) in October which will take them past Renault and Ferrari in performance. Honda will have done a tremendous job at season's end. From a blank sheet onto Mercedes coat tails in 15 months👌 Hasegawa :bow

I do hope McLaren and Alonso get lumbered with sloppy thirds from Renault and Toro Rosso beast them with The Beast next season.

One day I hope we find out if you're a troll or majorly autistic.

I think it's the latter, which is why I don't like people piling on you, but sometimes I do think it's the former.

BigAl1992

One day I hope we find out if you're a troll or majorly autistic.

I think it's the latter, which is why I don't like people piling on you, but sometimes I do think it's the former.

Don't even bother talking to him. Everyone on here is fed up of talking to him until such time he gets his act together and for the record, I've dealt with people before including family members who have autism, I've never seen this sort of behaviour from an autistic person before which leads me to believe he's a complete troll until I'm proven otherwise.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol

I always laugh when I read this thread after WFV posts because everyone gets their knickers in a twist. Please post more often, Vanilla!

dubc35

Some interesting stats for each driver at F1F: One for each driver at the link.

Max:
Unreliability has been the story of the season so far for Max Verstappen. He's covered the least racing laps of any driver who's entered every race – fewer even than Fernando Alonso, who missed the Monaco Grand Prix. Three technical failures and two first-lap accidents means he's done just 398 laps so far.
Hulk:
The only driver who's entered every race without being beaten in qualifying is Nico Hulkenberg. He's 10-0 up against Jolyon Palmer (who wasn't able to set a time in qualifying in Azerbaijan).
It's not looking good for Palmer, but that's not a surprise.

Aiii

So not worth it
lol

I always laugh when I read this thread after WFV posts because everyone gets their knickers in a twist. Please post more often, Vanilla!

Except nobody did. He got one reply that wasn't even responding to the bait, I'd say pretty much everyone has learned to tune the guy out, like a fly in your bedroom at night that you can't be bothered to chase because you just want to sleep. Buzz in the background Wax, buzz away.

KdotIX

I think Wax's posts are just satire at this point. From his love of Honda to his insider scoops of "GT6 coming to PS4". Just funny to see the absurdity amongst the rest of the discussion.

Fox Mulder

I'm shocked by the lack of movement in driver silly season.

It's still early and there's not much to shift around anyways.

No changes with the top teams. Maybe Massa retires again. Wehrlein is probably going to be pushed out of Sauber for a Ferrari guy. Renault should drop Palmer.

DD

It's still early and there's not much to shift around anyways.

No changes with the top teams. Maybe Massa retires again. Wehrlein is probably going to be pushed out of Sauber for a Ferrari guy. Renault should drop Palmer.

Massa is already saying that he sees no reason to be out of the grid in 2018, and Williams seems to be really happy with him, so I guess he'll stay, specially because Stroll's improvement is due the sharing of his setups. And if the Strolls had really bought Force India, Williams probably won't chose to get two new drivers.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think theyll finish the year with a few more points results and come back next year with 6 retirements in the first 4 races.

Come on, they're already up to finishing an entire race with both cars. As long as they don't scratch the entire engine again, they'll be sorta okayish.

Fox Mulder

Come on, they're already up to finishing an entire race with both cars. As long as they don't scratch the entire engine again, they'll be sorta okayish.

I just have no faith in them catching up. Renault, Ferrari, and Mercedes all have multiple teams to gather data. Honda has botched two additional partnership deals now.

Maybe they'll do better in the next engine formula if they can hang around for 2020.

Grug

One week until F1 2017.

Seems like a few notable players in the community have been given early copies and their impressions seem positive. The expanded career mode looks really cool.

M52B28

Banned
One week until F1 2017.

Seems like a few notable players in the community have been given early copies and their impressions seem positive. The expanded career mode looks really cool.
I suck at the latest F1 games. Is it even possible to race with all the assists off?

Also, race weekend next weekend :)

Fox Mulder

One week until F1 2017.

It's great that they dived into career mode as that's where the legs are. The online is never good really and people move on. Maybe that'll be better too, but I put like 100 hours into the f1 2016 career mode.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Other than David Beckmann getting flipped over into the Tarzan gravel trap at the start, the 1st F3 race at Zandvoort was boring. Lando Norris wins again.

I just have no faith in them catching up. Renault, Ferrari, and Mercedes all have multiple teams to gather data. Honda has botched two additional partnership deals now.

Maybe they'll do better in the next engine formula if they can hang around for 2020.

- Let's see what happens when everybody is on a level playing field next season. Mercedes and Ferrari have been cheating with burning oil, such unsporting actions result in a 20% increase in performance over non-oil burners (Honda and Renault) according to a Renault engineer.

Unlimited oil burning to a 0.9l limit in Monza to 0.6l next season, even with this 0.9l oil burning handicap for the remainder of the season, The Mighty Honda will still surpass the prancing donkeys in outright PU performance - book it!

- Renault with their multi-teams are plagued by poor performance, realibilty, and have ceased development and are switching to another new PU concept for next season and will be dead last with the meteoric rise of Honda.

Mr. Brown is a total buffoon if he thinks switching to Renault is in his team's best interests.

- Honda didn't botch those partnership deals. Sauber's dead body hiding owner wanted to change previously agreed terms, and the Red Bull scum demanded the same deal as McLaren / free engines and millions according to Japanese F1 media. Honda rightly told both to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom