• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Expected. By the way it's kinda of funny that Ferrari can hastily (over)react and fire someone important from the team when the car isn't good enough, but they don't do any changes to their driver lineup.
2018 was always a bridge year.

This time next season we’ll see the real shake ups

When do we reach the point at which Raikkonen has more bad seasons than good ones?

2001: Great
2002: Was beaten by Couldhard by some points but still pretty good season in new team and with unreliable car.
2003: Great. Second in championships
2004. Car was shit but he drive well
2005: Great. Second in championships
2006: Car was shit but still beat his teammate handily so I guess good
2007: Champion so great
2008: Got beaten by teammate but still was in championship race until spa. I guess we can put this in bad category still.
2009: Shit car. Started to drive way better after Massa got injured for some reason. Managed to even win a race with bad car. Weird season. Not bad or great.
2010: -
2011: -
2012: Great comeback. Third in championships
2013. Another good year in lotus and trashing his teammate
2014: Shit
2015: Shit
2016: Was pretty even with Vettel so I don't think this year can be labeled as bad
2017. So far pretty bad but he has also lost decent amount of points without his own fault.

From my (biased) ranking I would say he retires before he has enough bad seasons lol.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I found some rare fan footage of CART's infamous 2002 Australia race. For some context, CART ran on a street circuit in Gold Coast. Heavy rain was falling during the warm up laps and the race director opted for a single file rolling start. What followed could be described as CART's Spa 1997 start.

Broadcast view:
https://youtu.be/GkGX3WluFlw?t=5m6s

Thankfully everyone came out okay despite the numerous potential cockpit intrusions. One of the drivers interviewed said that he got launched into a barrel roll, but the broadcast cameras never caught this. This fan footage captured the crash including the barrel roll.

Fan footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5Y-vkn1DI

The race was red flagged and restarted for a shortened 50 laps. Unfortunately, 42 laps were run under the safety car. The best part is, the last driver who plowed into the crash ended up winning the race.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I found some rare fan footage of CART's infamous 2002 Australia race. For some context, CART ran on a street circuit in Gold Coast. Heavy rain was falling during the warm up laps and the race director opted for a single file rolling start. What followed could be described as CART's Spa 1997 start.

Broadcast view:
https://youtu.be/GkGX3WluFlw?t=5m6s

Thankfully everyone came out okay despite the numerous potential cockpit intrusions. One of the drivers interviewed said that he got launched into a barrel roll, but the broadcast cameras never caught this. This fan footage captured the crash including the barrel roll.

Fan footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5Y-vkn1DI

The race was red flagged and restarted for a shortened 50 laps. Unfortunately, 42 laps were run under the safety car. The best part is, the last driver who plowed into the crash ended up winning the race.

Whoa, hadn't seen this before; scary crash.

dl77

dl77

Makes sense, they're clearly going to keep Vettel for at least one more year so they may as well keep a fairly solid number two in there for now.

If worst comes to worst and Vettel leaves at the end of 2018 they can get hold of the likes of Verstappen and keep Kimi in there as a steady pair of hands who's familiar with the team but not someone who's any longer good enough to consistently compete against the AAA drivers.

BigAl1992

HehehehehehehahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahahahahahaha......... But seriously, I'd like to see him next year in a car that won't have the engine detonate. Also, if those rumours are true, Honda would be wise to keep a partnership with Ilmor as they simply can't be trusted on their own to make an engine for this formula.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
DH6de9wXgAQiybf.jpg:large

Merhi back in F2 temporarily - http://www.gpupdate.net/en/gp2-news/357235/de-vries-deletraz-swap-seats-in-formula-2/

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Fuck Merhi, De Vries going to Racing Engineering is way bigger news.

Racing Engineering have underperformed this year, but that is probably down to their driver lineup. Would be interesting to see how De Vries fares in that car.

In other news, Prema have found another series to dominate in.

Prema closing on GP3 expansion for 2018

This is also interesting because apparently in the midst of a brewing F3/GP3 war, GP3 was offering Prema free chassis.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
HehehehehehehahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahahahahahaha......... But seriously, I'd like to see him next year in a car that won't have the engine detonate. Also, if those rumours are true, Honda would be wise to keep a partnership with Ilmor as they simply can't be trusted on their own to make an engine for this formula.

Might need to widen that net.

Right lads, heading to Spa tomorrow.

Anything I need to see/do, best places to watch from, any other tips aside?

Walk the track afterwards, it's really good. Also try the grandstands at La Source and Raidillon if you can get in there on the Friday.

Sadly there's really not much of note to speak of in the local area. Few nice little towns though.

Edit - Oh, and take a decent poncho. When it rains it REALLY rains.

Also... try and find this. ;)

I5bDck3NiTKtAjpcJRO6iEPrr_I15AaSXqDvxz3g1ey0ypBpn2-rRSPfc2DQQFEnF7vpsyik2kitzVYFzP8oJewW26UK-yYRRCLtyV7ukXRhmi4Br4dNTHSCMpK6PggvRN8D2VpMfy0ULD5dlaiK9HAprPZ0XwZJs2Ju6sYMF1GNFOJEoUpVDXPs2dlbyp_S72YolamJhyI_gahuqVPLXN2VKeNNFzcg2qEo0E8hOFNRcH8Op9kVsWbhuYyLTPDSlbHX_qrRE5s6iw1UzhP80csTjzKuqQD85dYPuxL1MljCTHZZDlS0eErYUEQJO4XZVKgqbhrdJXT19eORvog2sFrqblW0kQ1nfvmseG67RTVd7O9futVZN6cHZ2P2ss8gaFAIN8KEa_Dr2Tlg3FKr7VzOHuG5xCaSGVme7wR6T8XFqY2HjRYxNqp9XSGtvzKqTvOcVQEo0YiblhFQD9OFBrHowDQzg2JbjjaNa62qvzf119B_CTwpMnLnUglLzVYMXK8QRMdiu5B9EIPSoH09FeIi7vCnOYr64YKyWy5LD6IFMik5g6tsfgc66AVZSQbmmocQyM-ckBQCMMTT73BFX-n1Q-N4_KvnWbSi_Z8eF5hKyEx_2C2IlQ=w1508-h1131-no

Or this...

GL6QpDTuEDB2LWLfoIW6DJBE6dtek4Rcj_9XKpwb2ItrsHuq2ovfdtqLr0a9AaYFIROKmsLiUvdhIcKg1oVtkah7dvNIzWWaRpkw1w6uzYRRXQ_f9-Y9k02VmCvZgAbA31AmpWcUH6HqkUXT8dN15eKvNSrtzgBkkzRaTscu-xhJNNwRwyAL7es1Mw_6w0WOgywt6GfxH-01-uXvsFp8wiSJq74geXUKk5n9fK1aOh6MB6rUuUUH5OC7JZqSRCclCKq7WZRi00lZuiRWwsvCVRnzYYPjk1_N9Wa9BHQsuK3ZS-Of2gWC7btOTD6mY16sMQPuBO_G2pq71GXaQyH6nzTwk2PasVXKJo02XdeINA12oDj8C4wCDvL9u_KdjViEEf8j3cc46_l2RaT0x57pjHCh1I9qQtrccnEbG2BBQPu5zRg2cKDpcd6N-vT2wALgtwAjlfp-LhSFVelLc4mpiTQI3oPyTuoJcwLVB-7s63_PsRuL4IondMqc-W_Slkq3ML348W-Tq3Mu0vUckdIdODCKhnurKROMgRka1xTgwfUCcD6ecXBBPHpr1gpdhw5qZsPhtIllNVXxGXvw8vXn8CW9h5kdSS7RgSXwx5WOUC46f3W4DE8M2w=w1175-h882-no

Yagami_Sama

Good for Vandoorne. The start of this season was pretty bad for him, but now things are getting better.

Let's just hope that next year Honda manage to have better engine.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/bourdais-returns-for-gateway-gutierrez-out-943896/

Sebastien Bourdais has recovered from his brutal Indy 500 crash and will be back in his race seat for this weekend's IndyCar race. This of course means Esteban Gutierrez will be without a drive for the remainder of the season. Anyone who saw that crash would be amazed that Bourdais made such a speedy recovery.

Good to hear he's recovered.

In other news, Mick Schumacher will demo his father's 1994 Benetton car at Spa. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-michael-mick-spa-benetton-943902/

We also leave tomorrow, my 3rd time visiting the Spa GP. Wich stand are you on? My no.1 tip is to bring your walking shoes because from the parking to the stands is a pitty walk uphill and downhill.

itsgreen

We also leave tomorrow, my 3rd time visiting the Spa GP. Wich stand are you on? My no.1 tip is to bring your walking shoes because from the parking to the stands is a pitty walk uphill and downhill.

Leaving in 10 minutes :) Will be at the track in about 3 hours :)

Have tickets for La Source, so that should be fine :) Getting on grand stands without a ticket for that grandstand is near impossible by the way, two years ago I lucked out because a fence was open at the end of the day. Was able to sneak into a silver grand stand near the GP2 pits. But in general, it's impossible.

Not on a Friday it's not. They're supposed to let you in for a look if you want.

...and yeah, I forgot about that awful walk from the parking. Next time I'm just paying one of the car parks in the town. Didn't help that I missed the turn for the more expensive parking that we'd paid for.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kimi hasn't won shit in 4 years and he's not even allowed to win if Vettel is anywhere close to him.

So yeah, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up MJ.

BigAl1992

Leaving in 10 minutes :) Will be at the track in about 3 hours :)

Have tickets for La Source, so that should be fine :) Getting on grand stands without a ticket for that grandstand is near impossible by the way, two years ago I lucked out because a fence was open at the end of the day. Was able to sneak into a silver grand stand near the GP2 pits. But in general, it's impossible.

Have fun man! We are in Silver 2, just at the bottom of Eau Rouge. La Source is corner 1?

itsgreen

Have fun man! We are in Silver 2, just at the bottom of Eau Rouge. La Source is corner 1?

Ah nice!

Yeah first if you are in front of the grand stands it's the left one. View of the start finish straight, first corner and exiting towards eau Rouge. Had a Friday ticket last year and loved it.

Was busy at the track today by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom