• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick S.

Banned
My last name is Schneider. When I lived in Spain, I quickly had to get used to being called something like "ehhh nigh dah". I ended up mispronouncing it myself, because people's usual faces when I properly pronounced it were like the faces of the people in Strange encounters of the third kind when they heard the alien sounds.

tomtom94

Silly season has finally started late:

So, here's a thing. I was discussing the ongoing McLaren/Honda/Renault/ToroRosso engine saga with a very senior figure on Friday and the conversation ended with them suggesting that it was quite likely that in the end everything would stay the same as now. So, I asked, what happens to Fernando Alonso (who has lost faith in Honda, as Honda themselves admitted on Thursday) “He’s going to Williams, isn't he?” the person said as they walked away. “That’s what I heard.”

That brought me up short, you could say. So, the question is, is Alonso going to Williams? Well, it’s very unlikely but not completely impossible. Williams have sounded him out, but only in the way teams sounds out all drivers to see where they are ahead of deliberations about their driver line-up, which have not happened yet. So it is massively premature, to say the least.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
He still wouldn't be winning races at Williams. Although they might attract more sponsors with Alonso on board.

kharma45

I don't see the point in going to Williams. It's a better car but not good enough to win. Podiums are all well and good but the championship is what it's all about.

xrnzaaas

Alonso going to Williams is even less likely than him returning to Renault where there would actually be a chance to fight for wins when (if) they improve.

JDB

Banned
Wasn't there some new rule that meant that you can't just stack up a ton grid penalties in one race without it also affecting the following races or something?

kiyomi

Didn't watch FP3 but Mercedes must be sandbagging?

Yeah they'll just turn up the engine mode for qualifying and they'll be fine.

I haven't been keeping up with race stint lap times, but I figure Ferrari will be closer in the race than in quali, they usually are.

Zeknurn

Ferrari long run pace looks strong and their one lap pace seems good enough for Vettel or Räikkönen to steal pole if Hamilton isn't top of his game.

Bring on qualifying, rain or not.

Zaru

Vettel staying at Ferrari until 2020. So basically until the end of this engine formula.
But I swear to god, if they keep Kimi for that long too...

xrnzaaas

Best decision for both parties, but can they actually keep Kimi until 2020 so Vettel won't be bothered by any new teammates?

Zaru

Best decision for both parties, but can they actually keep Kimi until 2020 so Vettel won't be bothered by any new teammates?

I really wonder how they'll handle their own offspring, now that they're planning to convert Sauber into their "junior team". It'll still be a few years before someone like Leclerc is ready to make the big jump.

Zaru

The thought of Ferrari putting someone - even their own junior drivers - into a Ferrari car after just one year of F1 experience... I can't see it.

BigAl1992

I know we're early into qualy, but that camera of Verstappen going into eau rouge from trackside looks awesome. I'm hoping they use that in the race.

Lima

Didn't have a chance to watch any FP sessions so far so I said god damn when I saw Verstappens wing. It's so tiny and low holy shit.

kiyomi

Why move to Williams if McLaren are now a second faster 🤔

He'd be insane to move now. He's never going to win anything at Williams, probably not at Renault either. I think he has to stick with McLaren and hope that Honda come good or Renault provide a good enough engine to let the car fight for podiums.

Christ that Honda engine sounds awful at low revs.

I dunno, I like it. It's distinctive and violent.

Stroll, lmao
Williams, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom