• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I imagine it or didn't they show the gap between drivers as much during this race? Especially in the later part of the race it would've been really great. Could Liberty try to push the app by reducing the information displayed during the broadcast?

Did I imagine it or didn't they show the gap between drivers as much during this race? Especially in the later part of the race it would've been really great. Could Liberty try to push the app by reducing the information displayed during the broadcast?
Yeah, it's been an annoying trend of late. I really don't know why they've lost the ticker.

McNum

Like they care.
Ah, but the solution is simplicity itself!

You see, if you are the only remaining Force India on track, you cannot be racing the other. So they just have to take the other one out fast on the first lap and there's no problem!

I don't think we've seen the last pink-on-pink violence this season yet.

This race reminded me that Bottas drives like Barrichello. They have very similar driving style, and can hang with the best of them - for a few laps - and then goes back to mid-field level talent.

NewDust

So with Verstappen stuck at RBR and RBR stuck with Renault... If Redbull have money to burn, could they spinoff TR, then buyout Sauber to get access to Merc engines?

Obviously it's not happening, but that is the kind of scheme my devious mind concocts.

Why are we talking about points in Baku?

Perez raises a good point. Why on earth would you go for the pass before the straight? Get up the hill and pass with DRS. Yeah he got off turn 1 with more speed but going two wide up that hill is needless for one team.

Edit: That's not to say Perez is blameless. Closing the door at those speeds is stupid. I do believe him saying he'd have done that with any other driver but what a weird incident. Totally unnecessary.

If that really is what he thought, why defend so hard... With DRS and tow he should have easily recovered the position, by his logic.

Ah Force India fuckery made that race exciting. Seriously like wtf are they doing? And damn the Mercedes ability to hold off Ferrari in that DRS straight, I wonder whats in store for Monza.

Fox Mulder

So with Verstappen stuck at RBR and RBR stuck with Renault... If Redbull have money to burn, could they spinoff TR, then buyout Sauber to get access to Merc engines?

Obviously it's not happening, but that is the kind of scheme my devious mind concocts.

Redbull arent getting Merc or Ferrari engines. It's just not going to happen. They even pushed Renault into buying their own works team.

Theyre stuck really until the 2020 engine change maybe attracts more suppliers they can get a works deal with.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Esteban Ocon‏ @OconEsteban 21 minutes ago

Damage limitation today, we were having a good race until Perez tried to kill me 2 times! Anyway he didn't manage to do so ending up P9��!

these two will still crash, no matter what bosses instruct

John_B

Perez is a fucking moron.
I see it as Perez not wanting to loose value with the top teams by getting bettered by a rookie. It's quite clear that he is currently better than Ocon and all these situations has made him out to be a toxic team mate. Not the kind of driver you want next to a Vettel or Hamilton.

Renault is leaving so much money on the table. Again a terrible result for Palmer, while Hulk is "best of the rest" (i.e. behind Merc, Fer and RB).

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The pressure is on for Ferrari to get a 1-2 at Monza next weekend.
With the gap between both cars as small as it is I think we are going to see the teams using the tow for Q3.
KImi/Bottas giving a tow into Parabolica on main straight.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
With the gap between both cars as small as it is I think we are going to see the teams using the tow for Q3.
KImi/Bottas giving a tow into Parabolica on main straight.

Ferrari might, but I doubt Mercedes will.

Business

I see it as Perez not wanting to loose value with the top teams by getting bettered by a rookie. It's quite clear that he is currently better than Ocon and all these situations has made him out to be a toxic team mate. Not the kind of driver you want next to a Vettel or Hamilton.

Doesn't make Ocon shine either. You can get away with being trouble if you are quick, but being 9-2 down in qualy doesn't make his case very strong.

Randdalf

0fkiZFh.jpg

Man, Ocon is mad

Man, Ocon is mad
I'd be pissed too if my teammate tried to Schumacher me. And these two fucking clowns touched again. You know I actually had a lot of respect for Perez after he left McLaren, but there's something about this team up with Ocon that isn't meshing right. There's like no respect between these two and I have no idea who to exactly blame. I say this because if this keeps going on like this somebodies car is going to go vertical and it might not be pretty.

ramparter

Banned
Ricardo always amazes me what he can do with an interior car. If he was in a Ferrari or Merc, I think he'd be a WDC contender.

Imagine what Max will achieve if he is ever allowed to race.

Bottas just disappointing...
Would have finished 3rd if it wasnt for the safety car. Also being 5-6 seconds behind the leaders isnt bad at all.

So for WCC what would be your prediction from 5th to 8th ?

For now it's
5th Williams 45pts
6th Torro Rosso 40pts
7th Haas 35pts
8th Renault 34pts

I only see Renault making progress. If only the had a decent second driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom