• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

One thing that could mess with Mercedes is if Redbull keeps getting in the way in tracks where they struggle. Vettel is usually able to come second or third in tracks where Mercedes excel.

Is the Merc that bad or are the drivers at fault as well? I remember last year Lewis was way off Nico so not his strongest track. Would have liked to see what Rosberg would've done.

Grug

Is the Merc that bad or are the drivers at fault as well? I remember last year Lewis was way off Nico so not his strongest track. Would have liked to see what Rosberg would've done.

Hamilton said he wrung every last drop out of the car. If that counts for anything.

Doikor

It probably won't change much, because F1 drivers eat shitty looking food anyway to stay fit and healthy. ;p

Yup. The drivers are on pretty strict diets as every kilo that comes off the driver they can put on the car as ballast in a much better position in terms of balance. Also massive neck muscles for them G forces.

Quite a bit of rain happening here, so that means a dry race as usual

This is how monsoon season works in that part of the world. It rains around noon.

DBT85

At least the track will be green again. Not expecting much from a merc that can't handy the sharp twisties.

Maybe they can do something with drs but I doubt it.

DBT85

Danny on the parade lap lol

"I wanted the pole for sure. Seb turned it on in Q3. He's a sensitive guy so we kept him happy on Saturday and today we'll put the anchors out and I think we can get the win.

"Maybe Max will take Seb out.

"It will be slicks but there are still a few wet patches. We'll attack from the start and hopefully take advantage of any mistakes by others.

Also from sky
A big rain shower dumped a lot of water onto the street circuit a couple of hours ago and, while it's quickly drued up in the oppressive humidly of Singapore, it remains grey and dark overhead with a 40% chance of more wet stuff arriving during the Grand Prix itself.

Max actually doesn't run into people all that often, you know. He will still win this race though, RIC second.

Maybe not that often, but he tends to be somewhat risky during the starts and sometimes it doesn't go as planned, as RIC and VET can confirm.

And unless something weird happens, VET should have this race, because you cannot overtake here. Only two races haven't been won from pole and those were 2008 (crashgate) and 2012 (gearbox failure for Hamilton)

cromofo

Kubica to test for Williams, 2014 car confirmed

Also;

Title sponsor Martini is believed to have a strong say in Williams's driver choice, and it is yet to be seen if the company would be happy with Kubica as a brand ambassador for its global PR campaigns.

Earlier this week it was announced that reigning F1 world champion Nico Rosberg had become part of Kubica's management team.

Rosberg, who drove for Williams from 2006-09 and is well-established at Grove, could potentially take on a supporting brand ambassador role for Martini if Kubica joins Williams.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
You would think a Polish guy would be excellent representation for an alcoholic drink. Go figure.

Well, not for Martini, that's sure...

I was thinking more about something like this
luk_about.jpg

Zeknurn

I didn't catch qualifying live but I was happy to see Vettel on pole with the Red Bulls in the mix and I'm still amazed Mercedes hasn't figured out Singapore.

The race is going to be utter chaos. It feels like we get teased with rain every year but they turn the tap off enough hours before the race for it not to be a factor. I guess someone forgot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom