• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken now supports FSR3 Frame Gen (Update patch 1.22), free demo if you want to try it

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This game will eventually get the likes it deserves. Just give it a few more years. This is my trust me bro moment 😏

I’ll die on this hill I don’t give a fuck

GViL111.gif

Keihart

no wonder people think the game looks like shit, the particles are out of control, this game its gonna look beautifull when PCs can run it properly.

This game really asks for high resolution and framerate, its super fast and its full of small as fuck detail when you are in combat with all the particle shenanigans.
In fact, thanks to the demo, i'm highly interested in it now because the combat has several unique things gong for it, its like an evolution of Infamous combat concept.

Crayon

Appears to be busted on Linux so far. Seems like it's intended to work. Otherwise they would lock it out and the game would say it's not available. That's good.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Tried it out last night. Already got a solid 120fps at rasterization, and FSR 3 bumped me up to 165 fps.
Can’t say I even noticed a difference in feel, but it looked fine.

Hopefully Cyberpunk gets FSR 3 next, as that’s a game I actually want to play.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

FSR3 does not work with VRR. It also will not work with Nvidia Reflex.

It works with Anti-lag and Anti-lag +

Also, from my understanding it’ll lock to your monitor’s refresh rate, and with V-sync enabled gives a smooth experience.

Nvidia’s solution uses VRR which can go above your monitor’s refresh rate and introduce screen tearing. V-sync is not an option unless you force it in control panel.

Mister Wolf

It works with Anti-lag and Anti-lag +

Also, from my understanding it’ll lock to your monitor’s refresh rate, and with V-sync enabled gives a smooth experience.

Nvidia’s solution uses VRR which can go above your monitor’s refresh rate and introduce screen tearing. V-sync is not an option unless you force it in control panel.

Going by what I saw in that video if Anti-lag is working properly, its doing a horrible job. His latency more than doubled turning FSR3 on.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Going by what I saw in that video if Anti-lag is working properly, its doing a horrible job. His latency more than doubled turning FSR3 on.

He’s using an Nvidia GPU, where Reflex looks like it needs to be implemented.

On AMD GPUs their Anti-Lag is used and on 7000 series Anti-Lag + is used.

winjer

Gold Member
Well that destroys all the praise people were giving to this working on everything.

AntiLag just shaves a few ms of input lag.
FSR3 is still very usable on nvidia and Intel GPUs.
And on nvidia GPUs, it's possible to enable "Ultra low latency mode" in the control panel.

Mister Wolf

And on nvidia GPUs, it's possible to enable "Ultra low latency mode" in the control panel.

I'm certain Daniel Owen is savvy enough with computers to already have that enabled in control panel. Looking at his graph his latency doubled Winjer. That's terrible.

yamaci17

FSR3 does not work with VRR. It also will not work with Nvidia Reflex.

it works with VRR on my end. I guess it is some kind of a configuration issue. I locked my FPS to 90 with rivatuner and its generated frames match my refresh rate. native base framerate is around 55-60 in this case (3070, 1440p dlss quality standard settings)

I also have minimal input lag because I cut off huge gpu bound latency thanks to the framecap.

nvidia's ultra low latency mode cannot affect dx12 titles, whereas antilag+ can. it is a huge flaw/problem on NV's side. they don't want to give driver level dx12 gpu bound lag reducer because they want people to rely on Reflex instead

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

it works with VRR on my end. I guess it is some kind of a configuration issue. I locked my FPS to 90 with rivatuner and its generated frames match my refresh rate. native base framerate is around 55-60 in this case (3070, 1440p dlss quality standard settings)

If its working with VRR/Gsync/Freesync, why would you need to lock it with a framerate limiter?

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
nvidia's ultra low latency mode cannot affect dx12 titles, whereas antilag+ can. it is a huge flaw/problem on NV's side. they don't want to give driver level dx12 gpu bound lag reducer because they want people to rely on Reflex instead

Where did you see that nvidia's ultra low latency mode can't be used in DX12?

Edit: You are right. Found the answer after looking for a while.
That is really bad for nvidia users.

Last edited:

yamaci17

If its working with VRR/Gsync/Freesync, why would you need to lock it with a framerate limiter?
because then it becomes erratic, VRR works but screen gets mad and jumps between weird refresh rates. so to make it work, you have to use a specific framerate cap that makes sure gpu is below %90 usage. surely it can be fixed, if it can be fixed by a simpler frame capper

it works in the way that my base framerate is 55 60 and it interpolates to 90 (and it really looks like how I usually perceive 90 FPS on my screen, better motion clarity especially)
but yes, without framelimiter, it is problematic. but if you know your average framerate performance, you can easily find a pinpoint framerate number that makes it work excellent

the problems arise when the gpu is maxed out at %100. I'm sure they will solve these quirks out eventually. I think it doesn't need Vsync in that sense. it just needs a frame cap. Vsync, in a way, also acts as a framecap (1/2 or 1/1 vsync caps I mean). so instead of Vsync, you can, on your VRR screen, decide your own cap and use that way

because regardless of what you do; his tech seems unusable/unstuable/unpleasant at variable framerates with VRR or without VRR. you really have to reach to a Vsync target (whether full vsync or half vsync). with VRR, you can specifically target a random framerate target and make FSR3 target that framerate this way).

in other words

- say you get GPU bound 45-50 FPS
- you must framecap it to 75 (below 90-100 FPS)

as FSR3 tries to double the framerates, it also takes a bit of GPU's native power. so your native 45-50 FPS becomes , maybe, 40-45 FPS.

Now with 40-45 FPS, you're still at %99 processing load. By capping to 75 with Rivatuner, the FSR3 interpolates from 37 FPS to 75 FPS. And by having native 37 FPS, the base processing load gets reduced. As a result, you get the best optimal 75 FPS possible with minimal input lag increase (as you don't incur Vsync latency, the raw 37 FPS latency will be playable in most titles with a GAMEPAD)

Last edited:
Top Bottom