• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken reportedly cost $100 million to make

ahtlas7

Fire Burn GIF by Epitaph Records

squarealex

Is not that "so much" at least... maybe a bit too much for Square but...yeah.... i'm excpected a bit more. Pretty sure FFXV costing more than this.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Ain't no way in hell. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I think they should start investigating potential embezzlement, only possible explanation.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: PJX
I guess the majoriy of the money went into wages over multiple years.
I guess so anyway as some games you can see that budget on screen, this is NOT one of those games.
In this game all the budget is behind the screen. They started with the FFXV code base. They had to untangle code for the car, and the busted teleport system, and then convert it into magic sneakers on a game engine designed to please Tetsuya Nomura. Might as well ask them to divide by zero.

Nydius

25 minutes a negative Forspoken article has been on the front page and rofif hasn't yet come galloping in to tell us how the game is the greatest thing since sliced bread and totally worth the 100M budget? I'm shocked! :messenger_tongue:

Last edited:

Myths

Yipes!!! That FFXV engine had terrible looking lighting imo… no type of ambient lighting. I don’t know anything though.

Umbasaborne

Banned
If I was Sony, I would want my money back. They probably bought the exclusivity after seeing the original footage and were straight up scammed by SE at the end.

What they paid for:
58816e838e7fc16f62992efc7a4a9f28a54f85fe.gifv

7c02981561350467c7fcbb0f870b5506f4c713c3.gif

W15BUlR.gif

What they got:

tIQGF9R.jpg
Yeah, i would have been way more interested jn this game if it wasn’t so severely dowgraded. This is watchdogs 1/ aliens colonial marines levels of bad.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If I was Sony, I would want my money back. They probably bought the exclusivity after seeing the original footage and were straight up scammed by SE at the end.

What they paid for:
58816e838e7fc16f62992efc7a4a9f28a54f85fe.gifv

7c02981561350467c7fcbb0f870b5506f4c713c3.gif

W15BUlR.gif

What they got:

tIQGF9R.jpg

In a vacuum the release games areas look fine, but compared to that clearly bullshot trailer, yeah ....

Top Bottom