• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm making this thread because a lot of people want avatars of certain things, but don't necessarily have the where-with-all to make it themselves.

NeoGAF's got a pretty generous community in this regard, and I know some people (myself included) like helping others out with avatar requests.

...so ask for an avatar in here and maybe someone from the community will make it for you!

Things to know before you make a request:
  1. The more complex the request, the less likely you'll get it
  2. The less specific the request, the less likely you'll get it
  3. Just because you make a request doesn't mean you'll get an avatar
  4. Be nice to the avatar creators! This is out of the kindness of others' hearts! Requesting changes is fine, but don't get crazy.

Things to know before you create an avatar for someone else:
  1. Avatars must be 100 width x 120 height max
  2. Avatars need to be under 50kb in size
  3. Don't get bummed out if you create an avatar for someone and they don't use it
  4. Don't get bummed out if someone else makes the avatar first

I'm not planning on having any formal list as far as requests and fulfillments, as that would take a good amount of overhead to maintain, especially if this thread moves pretty fast. I will if I have to, but I'd prefer not to.

I'd also not want this thread to replace the holiday/game inspired avatar threads. I enjoy having threads where I can dig through and see all the work done in regards to the theme specifically.

Ashhong

RubxQub said:
I'm not planning on having any formal list as far as requests and fulfillments, as that would take a good amount of overhead to maintain, especially if this thread moves pretty fast. I will if I have to, but I'd prefer not to.

do it! and give the person that fulfills the most a prize.

Nice idea for a thread! I'll be sure to help some of those in avatar need.

Maybe you could link Red Scarlet's Avatar thread, for those who tried their hand at avataring and failed.

Sai-kun

Banned
I think you made one before, but could you (or someone else :D) make a GIF of Lady Gaga doing the "Okay" thing with her hand from the Telephone music video?

(basically the part where my current avatar is from, bug in GIF form ^^)

I would love you forever :D

Ashhong

Sai-kun said:
I think you made one before, but could you (or someone else :D) make a GIF of Lady Gaga doing the "Okay" thing with her hand from the Telephone music video?

do you have the gif in question? i know its somewhere in the Telephone thread

i think you guys will get a lot more help if you provide the picture. this thread is pretty much for cropping and editing (i think). i dont think a lot of people will want to hunt down pictures for you =P

wRATH2x

Banned
bjork looks like James Hetfield.

Anyway my avatar is pretty much perfect, so I'm sticking with it forever and ever.

RubxQub

Sai-kun said:

4saikun.gif

I froze the last panel because otherwise the loop was really distracting.

Alucrid

Banned
RubxQub said:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/Rubxqub/4saikun.gif[IMG]

I froze the last panel because otherwise the loop was really distracting.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but the freeze frame is hilarious. :lol

Spasm

I'll contribute animated GIFs, but only for very specific requests. You must supply the video (link), and tell me what time frame you want captured, i.e. 3m47s. Also know that anything above 30 total frames might look like shit in order to fit the file-size limit, so it must also be a very short clip.

Ashhong

Spasm said:
I'll contribute animated GIFs, but only for very specific requests. You must supply the video (link), and tell me what time frame you want captured, i.e. 3m47s. Also know that anything above 30 total frames is going to look like shit in order to fit the file-size limit, so it must also be a very short clip.

well thats not true...i have like 40-50 frames in my gifs and they look fine. also you can take out every 2 frames or something to extend the actual gif

edit: ok, 30 is more accurate

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
bjork said:
Only in spirit and inside my underwear.

I totally pictured you behind a counter selling hentai with that face.

joelseph

bjork said:
I can't change mine ever apparently, so I guess I'll stick with blackman.

1. Avatars should be someone not something

2. Avatars should almost never animate

3. Avatars should never change

Your good bro! Blackman for life!

RubxQub

close to the edge said:
I'd love to have a GIF from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcx4_CszaDI from about 1:28 to 1:30. If someone could briefly tell me what software to use to make an animated GIF (I know how to download Youtube videos) I could do it myself too.
That's a pretty wide shot, so your avatar is going to be something like 90 x 53 if that's cool.

I made it, I just think it's a bit thinner than you'd like:

4closetotheedge.gif

bjork

joelseph said:
1. Avatars should be someone not something

2. Avatars should almost never animate

3. Avatars should never change

Your good bro! Blackman for life!

I've had some animated ones where he morphed into Ultimate Warrior, Santa Claus, and Whitney Houston. I think Richard Pryor too, but it was a sad MS-riddled Richard Pryor so I didn't use it long.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Guy walks up to register to buy some lloli hentai.
gaav.jpg

Who'd buy from you with that look?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8R6xmqsnps

I would love an avatar of this. The part where he is falling down doesn't have to be as long as it is. And extra details such as the table and picture can be cut out to make it fit I guess. As long as it has him giving a reaction then jumping leading to a hilarious fall down then I would be very grateful.

Spasm

Damn, I'm slow. I blame Super. But yeah, that's another consideration, do you guys want a wide shot like that cropped to fill the whole 90x120? Some of the action will be cut off if cropped.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
crazy monkey said:
i am looking for one avatar with mohmmed ali if it is gif it is even better. If some helps, thank you. :)

29m96o7.gif

edit: I totally thought of this before you posted the gif!

RubxQub

Spasm said:
Damn, I'm slow. I blame Super. But yeah, that's another consideration, do you guys want a wide shot like that cropped to fill the whole 90x120? Some of the action will be cut off if cropped.
I'll try to do that where I can, but in that specific instance the action is taking place over a wide space (lunge to the center) and I wanted their two faces to be mostly centered during the grimace.

That avatar might actually work better if it's just a still of the two faces. One in anger, the other in disgust.

haha i want a gif avatar of lady gaga doing the biting thing... or biting into the sandwich from the telephone video...

but on the other hand i think i'd miss my persona avatar ; ;

or beyonce doing the hop dance thing... or the loop wear she's answering the phone and she's like :O

Boonoo

crazy mixture of both above will be great :) the gif is huge though that is problem[/QUOTE said:
punch.gif
-
punch2.gif

Here's another ali one. The loops a little rough, but I could patch that up some more if you want it.

Edit. I might like the faster version a bit more.

I was hoping someone could please resize this please so that I may use it as an avatar here. I would be most thankful. You guys are doing an awesome thing here and I hope everyone appreciates any time and effort you spend helping us. :D

scaryhost2-230x230.gif

RubxQub

Boonoo

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
I was hoping someone could please resize this please so that I may use it as an avatar here. I would be most thankful. You guys are doing an awesome thing here and I hope everyone appreciates any time and effort you spend helping us. :D

scaryhost.gif

I cut out the middle two sections and turned it down to 90x90

Max@GC

<--------------------------------------
is it possible to fix this somehow?^^
<--------------------------------------

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know avatar is already awesome, but do you think that there is a way to make it more awesome somehow?

Everyone knows that the Bobcats are the team to beat in the NBA, but if there's a way to gloat about it in avatar form then I need it in my life.

Boonoo said:
punch.gif
-
punch2.gif

Here's another ali one. The loops a little rough, but I could patch that up some more if you want it.

Edit. I might like the faster version a bit more.

thanks. ya t the original gif is so huge in size it is very hard.

Borgnine said:
29m96o7.gif

edit: I totally thought of this before you posted the gif!

I will use this Thank you so much.

Spasm

GurgleBot20 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8R6xmqsnps

I would love an avatar of this. The part where he is falling down doesn't have to be as long as it is. And extra details such as the table and picture can be cut out to make it fit I guess. As long as it has him giving a reaction then jumping leading to a hilarious fall down then I would be very grateful.
t0hqa9.gif

This one was an exercise in culling frames. Hope it's good enough.

RubxQub

Spasm said:
t0hqa9.gif

This one was an exercise in culling frames. Hope it's good enough.
:lol

I can see this being quoted a lot, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom