• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ramp

Can someone cut the background out of this one? And crop it just below Storms boob.
fqWe2.png

kisrU.png

Korosenai

Could someone get rid of the little bits of white on this pic?

jbsZZD5qH4bbtq.png

It's not too noticeable on this background, but you can see it pretty good using the dark theme on mobile.

Mr. Fix

XYtLh.png

Anyone know why I can't make the above image an avatar without the background showing up as white? I guess I'm requesting a proper one for an avatar as well!

You guys use PhotoShop right? I'm a bit of an avatar nut and change mine constantly, and I don't want to keep bothering people, so can someone come up with a quick tutorial/how-to guide for me? I have access to PhotoShop on campus, and I actually took a class a year ago but practically forget everything I learned...

FillerB

No need for Photoshop. Paint.NET suffices for nearly all needed editing. The below is slightly edited and from a couple of pages back.

1. Get Paint.NET (it's free!)
2. Use the selection tools to select everything you want out. Since it's just a solid white I would go for the Magic Wand-tool with a tolerance of about 30%.
3. Press delete
3b. Use the resize-function and cropping-tool to resize your image so it is smaller or equal to 100x120 pixels. (IMPORTANT)
4. Save image as a PNG file.
5. Upload image to NeoGAF and/or imagehost of choice (hint: minus)
6. Show it off in this thread.
7. Receive endless praise and the adoration of all hot members of the gender of choice for your mad image editing skills.

Also I would look in to this plugin-pack for anti-aliasing. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/16643-dpys-pack-2012-03-22/

t-ramp

You guys use PhotoShop right? I'm a bit of an avatar nut and change mine constantly, and I don't want to keep bothering people, so can someone come up with a quick tutorial/how-to guide for me? I have access to PhotoShop on campus, and I actually took a class a year ago but practically forget everything I learned...
If you just want to crop and resize images, it's pretty simple. I just use a 5 x 6 ratio rectangular marquee tool and then crop the image. Then you can resize the image to 100 x 120px. For borders the easiest way is to do a select all, then Edit > Stroke > 1px. black inside.

Creating transparency is more complicated, but for me it just involves using the Magic Wand if practical or using the lasso tool for more complicated stuff. I wouldn't mind figuring out an easier way to do so if it exists.

Edit: That AA plugin looks nice.

Thanks Bloodrage. I think I will use the one with the shadow intact, but I saved the other just in case. The lettering is not a big deal since I know little Japanese.

NinjaBoiX

Would someone be so kind as to make me an avatar from this image? I just basically want it cropped as a square, losing the bottom bit. Thanks a lot!

fnhPC.png

NinjaBoiX

Fuck it, while we're on a roll, I'll throw a few more request up. Much appreciated peeps!

Can you make this one transparent please?

KmYNp.png

And make a transparent and non transparent avy out of each of these too? I'm so demanding! Thanks again you guys.

biting-her-shirt.jpg

Hayley-Williams-hayley-williams-1456006-500-663.jpg

hayley-williams-pink-hair--large-msg-122465030865.jpg

600full-hayley-williams.jpg

Thanks again peeps, hate to be a pain, I just don't know how to use photo shop. Like, at all!

Edit: I deleted half of them. Didn't want to take the piss!

image.php

Would someone mind making the image a little clearer? Haven't been able to do jack to make it appear not blurry.

Edit: ah nvm, redit it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom