• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

ypo

I think Chespace is a good fit. Summon him please!!

edit: I was actually talking about the video itself which was released by a Turn 10 employee clever guy.

jaypah

this thread is like turning on the lights in a strip club; i'll never look at you hoes the same again. after the fun of this thread is over you're all branded dumb ass fanboys forever. not that any of you had any credibility beforehand, but now........you couldn't convince me that i was on fire if i poured the gasoline myself. everything you post from now on will be unpaid for PR. nothing more, nothing less. and baby Jesus wept.

how long until Sony spills the beans?

Redbeard

Banned
There's just no competition in the gfx department

Forza 3's cockpits are a travesty

3776720302_ca4252f2f1_o.jpg

shinnn

jett said:
Hey, at least one of these two developers has the balls to release real screenshots. :p
in think that's even more difficult to release 200+ photoshopped bullshots like you guys are claiming. Turn 10 has the balls :lol

Shaneus

FortunateSon said:
Yeah, they are professionals and probably know more than me but that doesn't mean I'm just spitting bullshit. This whole Forza 3 having superior physics? I still haven't seen anything that shows that yet. The videos I have seen definitely says otherwise.
In-game telemetry? I haven't seen that (yet) on anything GT-related. I've seen several F3 videos with that shown, however.

jaypah

m0dus said:
not every turn can have rocketships and rollercoasters raping your eyeballs ;)

and therein lies the muthafuckin' problem. forced optic intercourse should be on the top of every developers list of priorities. i'm starting a petition.

imtehman

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
The lighting makes it looks almost real. Of course there's jaggies, I'm not that blind. And it looks much better in motion as we should all know by now.

i think you're oblivious to the fact that you said it "almost looks real" even in that picture

either you are blind or you enjoy making blanket statements

expy

Banned
Just watched a re-run of "M.Net" (Gaming-related show in Quebec), they had a segment on Forza 3, and the Turn 10 rep once again called Forza 3 "the best simulator on the market". Also said "we don't know what else to simulate, we've done it all" :lol

imtehman

Banned
expy said:
Just watched a re-run of "M.Net" (Gaming-related show in Quebec), they had a segment on Forza 3, and the Turn 10 rep once again called Forza 3 "the best simulator on the market". Also said "we don't know what else to simulate, we've done it all" :lol

:lol

they need to simulate more cars on the track.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
m0dus said:
not every turn can have rocketships and rollercoasters raping your eyeballs ;)

Bullshit! I want my eyeballs to have forced sexual intercourse with all the turns and straights in the game! If my eyes aren't bleeding from awesome (instead of bleeding from "OH MY GOD! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING FROM BEING CUT ON THE JAGGIES!"), you're doing it wrong!

I'm kidding, I just want my damn sprint tracks back. :(

Zophar

expy said:
How about simulating driving with 15 other people?

Redbeard

Banned
expy said:

With this kind of leap in 2 years who can blame them for resting on their laurels :lol

forza-2-vs-3.jpg

634399a3-f65d-41d3-a8b9-bf2bd7bb852.jpg

20azbt5.jpg

I'd hate to think what kind of budget they've blown through in that 2 years - hell they can afford a full time gt5 troll/community manager so it's clearly not a small sum.

Cheeto

expy said:
They should simulate the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. amirite?

jaypah said:
this thread is like turning on the lights in a strip club; i'll never look at you hoes the same again. after the fun of this thread is over you're all branded dumb ass fanboys forever. not that any of you had any credibility beforehand, but now........you couldn't convince me that i was on fire if i poured the gasoline myself. everything you post from now on will be unpaid for PR. nothing more, nothing less. and baby Jesus wept.

how long until Sony spills the beans?
was nice knowing you

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Oh man, this shit is already hilarious...tomorrow will be deadly.
dunno-bout-u-guyz-but-is-ready-for-the-nuclar-warz.jpg

Duelist

KHarvey16 said:
The immense levels of insecurity are far more rewarding than any screenshot could ever be.

Indeed. In fact, I am detecting some underlying tones of just sheer hatred. This thread has delivered so far.

m0dus

Banned
You guys seriously don't know how to do a comparison thread. that's right, I'm calling you out.

I come in here to be blown away by huge pics of beautifully rendered cars from each game, coupled with a point-by-point treatise on the pros and cons of each, and instead, all I see are the most unflattering, ass-backward insanely compressed off-screen shots from old developer builds that people can find in their furious attempts to google "shit forza screen" and "ugly gt5 jaggie lol."

hdee graphifz in this thrread for the comapring the forzxa and franging turesimo 5 for the ps3 and xbox 3056 video game cosnoles

i6ze47.jpg

12090p 12 cars phycisd kaz bow PS# OPS# PS##33333333333333333 reflective magix capret

2czpwnb.gif

fedinitive driving gameplay xbox lifes in thad balslshtooaws

vicidoeoogamemsmesmk

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
m0dus said:
You guys seriously don't know how to do a comparison thread. that's right, I'm calling you out.

I come in here to be blown away by huge pics of beautifully rendered cars from each game, coupled with a point-by-point treatise on the pros and cons of each, and instead, all I see are the most unflattering, ass-backward insanely compressed off-screen shots from old developer builds that people can find in their furious attempts to google "shit forza screen" and "ugly gt5 jaggie lol."
It should've been obvious the thread was going to devolve into system warrior bullshit. :lol

Actual legitimate comparison discussion was never going to happen really, sadly enough the main point of the thread was to clean up the other two threads.

Cobra84

Duelist said:
Why are we still looking for photos to nitpick when there are already 60 fps videos to look at?
Why are we arguing about screenshots when one of these games has had stagnant gameplay for over 10 years? If its going to be another version of Gran Turismo 1 with a new coat of paint then I couldn't possibly give a damn about it.

Guy Legend

expy said:

kaz2b.jpg

Top Bottom