• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Cobra84 said:
Why are we arguing about screenshots when one of these games has had stagnant gameplay for over 10 years? If its going to be another version of Gran Turismo 1 with a new coat of paint then I couldn't possibly give a damn about it.

So wrong, on so many levels. Id be willing to bet you have never even played through the GT series. Sure you may have played them once or twice, but not sunk months into each one.

ypo said:
:lol Can someone do a comparison shot of the logos? I'm too lazy.
2rxcyom.jpg
FM3_logo.jpg

Redbeard said:
Forza 3's physics have already been destroyed by the experts at Top Gear so not sure why the Turn 10 fanatics keep bringing that up as a plus point :lol

i35cfk.jpg

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Top Gear has a business deal with GT...

And I absolutely love Top Gear but come on... that's ridiculous.

jett

D-Member
I'm posting this picture because someone in here told me that Forza 3 had shadowing of higher quality, and so that they realize that Turn10 plays the exact same game as PD, with increased AA/AF and whatnot.

2ymjgpd.png

They're as jaggie as in GT5P. :)

The bullshot for reference:

2a85je8.jpg

KHarvey16 said:
Nope, I'm just defending against the more BS claims. Funny they mostly seem directed in one direction, so I can see how you might get that idea.

your "thing" is getting old just come out of the closet already, people know and they dont care:lol

1 hour to go, im goin for some UC2. back when the show starts

KHarvey16

Andronicus said:
your "thing is getting old" just come out of the closet already, people know and they dont care:lol

1 hour to go, im goin for some UC2. back when the show starts

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm completely straight.

Oh, videogames. Yeah the analogy fails there too.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
This thread is totally awesome, I am pretty sure everyone who is flat out trolling either game is not going to be able to be taken seriously for quite a while.. right?

It would be the best day if this was a trap thread. But at least it keeps the official threads clean. :D

KHarvey16 said:
Nope, I'm just defending against the more BS claims. Funny they mostly seem directed in one direction, so I can see how you might get that idea.

Nah bro. Then I can simply say everyone in this thread is defending the BS claims about the said title they are defending.

Stfu and come out othe closet already.

Fucking hell your annoying. No wonder that dude in that other thread owned you by saying it's not worth it replying to you, maybe he is right afterall.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Top Gear has a business deal with GT...

And I absolutely love Top Gear but come on... that's ridiculous.

That is as ridiculous a claim to make. Just because they made a business deal with GT5 suddenly makes Top Gear bias? Do you know what Top Gear is? How long they've been in business?

Like Iknos said, and he put it best. If anything, blame it on the freelance writer that had no previous experience in the automobiles department/background. But that doesn't mean you can simply discredit him. He at least played the game.

KHarvey16

FortunateSon said:
Nah bro. Then I can simply say everyone in this thread is defending the BS claims about the said title they are defending.

Fucking hell your annoying. No wonder that dude in that other thread owned you by saying it's not worth it replying to you, maybe he is right afterall.

:lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Is there gonna be waterfalls and shit in GT5?
Or is Kaz not satisfied cause he wants to render every drop of water and mesh them all together to form the waterfall?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This thread and the meltdowns are awesome. :lol

FortunateSon said:

duty_calls.png

Gaz Pwnage said:
wow yeah! they are exactly the same.

*facepalm
Sorry, I almost forgot Turn 10 needs to add "The definitive racing game" right under in order for it to be perfect.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: And also make the #3 bigger. :D

G_Berry

Banned
As much as I love Forza, the cars in GT5 do look a lot better.

I'm buying both so which ever one's more fun will be the one I play. Problem solved :D

TofuEater

Suprised no one has talked about comparing the sounds between GT5 and Forza3.

I hated the tire skiding sound from GT series that had the exact same sound from 1 - 5p.

It redeems itself from the Raspy F40 sound with audible turbo whine :D

Forza had two? different tire sounds to my knowledge, one had a distinct tire braking sound and the other was the skiding sound.

jaypah

FortunateSon said:

That is as ridiculous a claim to make. Just because they made a business deal with GT5 suddenly makes Top Gear bias? Do you know what Top Gear is? How long they've been in business?

Like Iknos said, and he put it best. If anything, blame it on the freelance writer that had no previous experience in the automobiles department/background. But that doesn't mean you can simply discredit him. He at least played the game.

whoa, dude....relax. this is supposed to be a fun thread, calm down man.

IronFistedChampion said:

also can someone trace over the similar parts or explain it for me. real talk, i don't understand.

Cobra84

pseudocaesar said:
So wrong, on so many levels. Id be willing to bet you have never even played through the GT series. Sure you may have played them once or twice, but not sunk months into each one.
Not months, but enough to get a decent amount through each game. To me, GT1-4 are just as similar as yearly sports games.

KHarvey16

Andronicus said:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/Javdizzle/cantstopwontstop.gif

what am i losing exactly? im wrong in saying you like to stealth? gone for real now if anyone wants to get in some UC2 add mee on psn

Whatever it is you seem to care about it very much.

Probably the older members already know this, but i think it's fair to point this out for the ones not really into sim racing.

The dabate on who has the best physics will never end. We can list ten professional race drivers saying that one is better than the other. Opinions will not prove anything.

Best thing we can do is compare lap times against real life, and even that we know it's not safe because there's a lot of intangibles that are not simulated by the games.

Also, there's a difference between "more realistic" and "better feeling to drive". Sometimes people might be confusing one with the other when comparing both games.

TofuEater said:
Suprised no one has talked about comparing the sounds between GT5 and Forza3.

I hated the tire skiding sound from GT series that had the exact same sound from 1 - 5p.

It redeems itself from the Raspy F40 sound with audible turbo whine :D

Forza had two? different tire sounds to my knowledge, one had a distinct tire braking sound and the other was the skiding sound.

i cannot STAND the tire squeal in GT. i hope to god it has changed for GT5 release

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
XiaNaphryz said:
As m0dus already mentioned, this thread has never been on topic.

And that's why it's such a sweet honeypot

Amir0x said:
Nothing touches Gran Turismo.

Oh, Amir0x...

... I disagree!

*throws Forza 1 at your face and runs away before ban hammer*

No, but seriously. Forza 1 back on the original X-box gave GT3/4 a good run for the money. GT5 has to at least catch up to that before I'm satisfied with GT again. I'm still going to probably buy GT5 for the Top Gear Test Track and it'll be the first GT since the original on the PSX that I've bought, but come on man! They're Apple/Oranges right now and Forza gives slightly more Oranges than the Apples in feature sets/options.

Redbeard

Banned
Some of you guys need to calm down and stop taking this so personally

Anyway some new screens of Forza 3 - honestly looks no better than Forza 2 to me

2mwe1pd.jpg

245gfpu.jpg

28tchlu.jpg

As I said before it's not Turn 10's fault - it's a hardware limitation.

Iknos

m0dus said:
You guys seriously don't know how to do a comparison thread. that's right, I'm calling you out.

I come in here to be blown away by huge pics of beautifully rendered cars from each game, coupled with a point-by-point treatise on the pros and cons of each, and instead, all I see are the most unflattering, ass-backward insanely compressed off-screen shots from old developer builds that people can find in their furious attempts to google "shit forza screen" and "ugly gt5 jaggie lol."

If it makes them feel better let them do it.

A lot of this is pent up rage resulting from the current sales numbers of both consoles rather than anything FM or GT related. They've taken this opportunity to vent and I don't see why any normal poster should get irked by it.

Any regular GAF poster is going to check this thread out when both games are released and are going to read the impressions of racing fans who own both titles.

Even if people like Redbeard or ypo get both games no one is going to trust their opinions on it if they have shown a history of distorting reality to suit their purpose.

The way I see it although this isn't turning out to be a comparison thread its turning out to be a good way of pointing out the level headed people from the crazies.

To bad the Xbox fanboys are still busy with the whole "no matchmaking in ODST campaign/firefight" issue to properly address this thread. Still, it's delivering the lulz.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SuperEnemyCrab said:
To bad the Xbox fanboys are still busy with the whole "no matchmaking in ODST campaign/firefight" issue to properly address this thread. Still, it's delivering the lulz.
Wait for the demo. ;)

stuburns said:
I think they're both awesome looking games, GT has the better car models, FM has the better looking tracks.

As always Stuburns I completely agree with you. Both games will be fantastic for different reasons. GT is deeper in terms of customization but I've found Forza's actual racing to be more fun mostly because it feels more like an arcade racer (I mean this as a positive).

hauton said:
GT clearly has the better lighting engine.

Look at that shine on the letters.
Yeah, so shiny they almost look like metal...you know, like real cars. And the FM3 looks like plastic...just like its cars. Perfect match?!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Redbeard said:
Some of you guys need to calm down and stop taking this so personally

Anyway some new screens of Forza 3 - honestly looks no better than Forza 2 to me

2mwe1pd.jpg

245gfpu.jpg

28tchlu.jpg

As I said before it's not Turn 10's fault - it's a hardware limitation.

Is this kind of post allowed ? I mean it's the comparison thread, not the "let's all troll about GT/Forza thread", amirite ?

Top Bottom