• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Yep. We may as well move on now and end this one.

Winner - GT5

Wgszgw6.jpg

I'm joking. Before you flip out.

dat dedication

7YaU5.gif

Is that why in a couple hours I'm seeing about buying a PS3 and GT5?

Wait............. you don't even have it?

All this time you have been bitching about how it looks and plays, and you don't even own it :/

Good lord. At least I own both (Well, I'm actually two copies down now. But I have spares lol)

FordGTGuy

Banned
Wait............. you don't even have it?

All this time you have been bitching about how it looks and plays, and you don't even own it :/

Good lord. At least I own both (Well, I'm actually two copies down now. But I have spares lol)

Not all of us have the money to throw around on consoles and games.. but go ahead and be a snob about it.

I bought GT5 when it came out and played it for a while I've already said this in this thread before.

I don't need to own it to know how it looks and plays when I've I already have plenty time under my belt playing it already.

Also what a waste on the copies of Forza 4 the least you could've done is donated them.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm not being snobish, I was just a little shocked that you don't have it. Considering that you always sounded like you did.

I've played the game before Farrow and I've already made my current situation clear on my experience and current ownership of the game.

I would never sit back and criticize a game I've never played.

This FordGT guy lol... it's so funny to see you are just as passionate as you were many years ago at forzacentral and the fm forums. You would think he gets paid to cover his eyes and scream out love for Turn 10

Welp :lol

Both consoles will have streaming video recording and screencapture with even better photomodes.

This thread will be next-gen in feature

Oh yes, that's going to be amazing
now we only need GT6 to come out on PS4 :p
. I'm a little tired of posting direct screencaps to show to ugly truth and the pretty big difference between Forza and GT :)

Although the next gen will have direct recording. I fear that it will be highly-comppressed MPEG4, and not in 1080p.

It probably won't be ideal for comparisons.

Hmmm, delicious Eiger. I took my stock F430 there under the rain the other day, amazing.

God dammit PD, why don't we have timetrials like in GT5:p????

Who are you loling?

You're way worse than Farrow is, compared to you Farrow is a Forza fanboy.

LOL ;)

Like I don't complain about all the things I miss in GT5. It's an entirely different matter that I find Forza totally dull, bland, fake and disconnected in its driving. And well, the graphics are quite a bit worse than in GT5.

Yeah, why did they do that? It really bothered me. There is no reason to remove that feature.

I used to spend soooo much time in GT5:p just doing timetrials in the tracks I like with every car :/ I would play GT5 a lot more if they brought that back. If they don't do something like that in GT6 I'm going to be pissed.

Just make it stock car + dry track/wet track = awesome. :|

You are? I see gaf on the corner lol

I meant that I was joking about GT5 winning. Not breaking the discs :p (They were just bundle-copies anyway)

If anyone is wondering why I have so many copies of Forza 4. Here in the UK MS give FM4 away free with fucking everything lol (It was the same with FM3. I had a load of those too)

Buy a pad? Have Forza 4! Buy a HDD? Have Forza 4! Buy a new 360? Have Forza 4! Buy two chart games? Have Forza 4! Buy a Gold Subscription? Have Forza 4!

And people wonder why it keeps appearing in the UK charts...

FordGTGuy

Banned
Huh?

Are you gonna start acting like you don't know how the english language works, now?

It really depends on the context I was literally and meaningfully asking how it was biased.

I never said that it was biased or not as I had no real clear evidence to point in either direction.

I meant that I was joking about GT5 winning. Not breaking the discs :p (They were just bundle-copies anyway)

If anyone is wondering why I have so many copies of Forza 4. Here in the UK MS give FM4 away free with fucking everything lol (It was the same with FM3. I had a load of those too)

Buy a pad? Have Forza 4! Buy a HDD? Have Forza 4! Buy a new 360? Have Forza 4! Buy two chart games? Have Forza 4! Buy a Gold Subscription? Have Forza 4!

It costs $30 here and I only see it sold with consoles and nothing else, in fact GT5 is $10 cheaper here.

Well, they have to compete with GT5 somehow.

I keed I keed

Judging by the screenshots in this thread, GT5 really looks much better than Forza 4 overall. The lighting does something to the world that makes the cars looks incredible.

Arklite

Judging by the screenshots in this thread, GT5 really looks much better than Forza 4 overall. The lighting does something to the world that makes the cars looks incredible.

I've seen quite a few impressive FM4 shots despite the lighiting, although doesn't that game completely replace in-game models with higher poly count types for any shot? I know GT5 enhances some details and cleans up shadows for pics. Also, don't know why quite a few of FM4 shots posted have had very small resolution compared to others.

To be honest, I think F4 has a better photomode than GT5. After all it replaces the ingame model with a much higher quality one and seems to add a few more different effect than GT5's, which simply ups the IQ, slightly improves the shadow quality, adds motion blur and depth of field. Things like car models or draw distance are not changed.

I've seen quite a few impressive FM4 shots despite the lighiting, although doesn't that game completely replace in-game models with higher poly count types for any shot? I know GT5 enhances some details and cleans up shadows for pics. Also, don't know why quite a few of FM4 shots posted have had very small resolution compared to others.

Forza 4 does look great and the series sure has come a long way since Forza 2. But I feel like the car models are disconnected form the surroundings. Someone posted a drifting video a page or two ago and I couldn't help but notice that the car doesn't blend in the enviroment. They surroundings look really cartoony.

The graphics aren't the biggest difference either, the physics are. Forza plays closer to Cruis'n USA then real life.

I can't see physics in a screenshot.

I'm curious about people's scores in these.

GT5 | FM4 Visual Challenge [A]

GT5 | FM4 Visual Challenge

Each gallery is roughly half-and-half. I've deliberately chosen pics with some tells, so some should be able to get perfect scores, but shots were chosen because, basically, they look good. Also, if you're clever, there should be a way to cheat.

The only way to make Forza 4 look close to realistic in photomode is to turn the contrast up by a silly ammount.

I don't think it looks good at all, to be honest.

Gestault

The only way to make Forza 4 look close to realistic in photomode is to turn the contrast up by a silly ammount.

I don't think it looks good at all, to be honest.

Which should make it really easy to differentiate then. I'd like to hear your attempt.

Can you tell us which is which then please? :]

Maybe if the pics were not edited and some of them are zoomed in.

Again the challenge is to use pics that are not edited or zoomed in. Obviously some cars are in F4 that are not in GT5 and vice versa and the same goes to tracks so make sure you choose a car and track thats in both games.

Top Bottom