• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

ctw0e said:
I'd love to join!

GT: efficaxor

Still having a hard time deciding which version I'm gonna get though. LCE is so tempting but $25 more for some extra cars is not that great, as the cars are the only thing I'm interested in.

Is there a chance the VIP-pack, American Muscle Pack etc. will be on Marketplace at a later point? If so, I'll go with the regular version and buy them when they are available.
all the f3 dlc and codes went on xbl after about a year, so more then likely.

ElNino

My tag didn't make it on the list from the demo thread, so if I could be added for the GAF club that would be cool.

ElNino | ElNino77

LE pre-order should be coming from BB, but with the holiday on Monday I doubt it will be delivered until Wednesday.

BADNED said:
Except the LCE and PreOrder Car Packs.
You could buy the VIP dlc I thought? gave you the locked cars and any gifted over the year.

Pre-order car was just a painted evo right? I never did use that code lol.

XShagrath

I haven't been very active (not at all) in here, but I think that might change once I get the game. The Forza 2 thread was the reason I made a GAF account.

I'd like in the car club as well, if there's still a spot available.

Oh yeah, gamertag is the same as my username. XShagrath

Mascot

I'm not sure I'm going to survive the weekend without watching a video or reading a review.

Must... be... strong.

cjelly said:
Oh, great. Mascot turned this in to a 'list your GT' thread.

I have angered you.

The_Monk

I saw that on some cars it says on the top left "Disc 2"in a red line, but how does that work?

We install Disc 2 on the HDD and it's good to go, right? That message will disappear or am I missing something?

skyfinch said:
Not that anyone cares but I changed my gamertag to skyfinch instead of "yawzway". Less confusing.

Awesome vids, G rom.

I changed mine to skyfimch to be more confusing =P

ctw0e said:
Ok, thanks.

How does the Pre-Order Incentives Program work by the way? I sent a copy of my receipt to forza_preorder@microsoft.com along with my GT a few days ago. Will I get some sort of confirmation?

Check your Forza 3 messages in-game. That's where I got notification. I don't think I got an email or anything.

BADNED

Diablohead said:
You could buy the VIP dlc I thought? gave you the locked cars and any gifted over the year.

Pre-order car was just a painted evo right? I never did use that code lol.
The VIP and LCE packs were not the same. FM3's LCE pack was the one with the FM Tribute Cars, FM1 NSX, FM2 DB9, FM2 350Z, FM3 R8 V10 and Charger Stock Car 360 Livery.
The PreOrder Pack included the Community Edition R8 V10, Walmart M5, Micromania M5, Gamestop M5, Game.uk M3, Gamestation Lancer Evo X.

The_Monk said:
I saw that on some cars it says on the top left "Disc 2"in a red line, but how does that work?

We install Disc 2 on the HDD and it's good to go, right? That message will disappear or am I missing something?

You have to install Disc 2 from the menu option in Disc 1. You can't just install it on the HD thru the dashboard. When you start up Disc 1, there will be an option that asks you if you want to install Disc 2.

krpiper

Anyway any comments on the speed wheel with this game (or Forza 3) I am debating going and picking the wheel up after class today, but I'd like to hear some opnions :)

I am a casual-ish racer. I am trying to drive manual and with most asists turned off (ABS is the only one I use in F3)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
got my fm3 unicorn after just preordering monday =)

how do we join the car club? does Gowans need to do it or can we just message him through fm4 when we get it?

i'm a decent painter but would love to help test out tunes and offer feedback via time attack :)

VindictiveGnome said:
Do car clubs specialize in something? Example: tuner club, muscle club, ect.
it's there really to share cars with your friends, you can put one of your cars into the club and everyone else in that club can test drive it like it's in their garage, this is good for everyone racing the same tuned car in leagues and races or sharing rare cars, among other club things.

Grassy

The_Monk said:
I agree with Mascot or... at least I'm down for that.

I'll be getting Forza 4 day one or day 3 on the worst case so count me in!

Oh, and Euro release date here...anyone else in the same boat?

Well Aussie here, so we are 10 hours or so ahead of you guys...I will have the game in 5 days an 8 hours, give or take a few minutes. Unless street date is broken of course but that would be terrible...

KaYotiX said:
Trying to convince my wife that I need a fantech wheel lol!! :) progress is slowing :p

My wife just ordered the CSR wheel for my B-Day a few days ago and she already got a shipping notification yesterday! I'm hoping to have it by next week. :) I'm going to hit up a local store for the Clubsport pedals tomorrow hopefully!

Scottify

I just cannot wait, these videos and screens just make the wait harder. I've been playing a lot of FM3 to get myself ready. I'm just so impressed at the improvements I've seen so far.

liger05

I barely touched Forza 3. Not cos I didnt like it just wasnt prepared to put the time in. I am hyped for this though and cant wait!!!

Arucardo

Cool, finally got myself another three months of live and checked my Forza 3 messages, got the pre-order RX7 and had the Impreza S204 sitting there too. Gotta try me some of that rivals mode in the demo later.

SarBear

Arucardo said:
Cool, finally got myself another three months of live and checked my Forza 3 messages, got the pre-order RX7 and had the Impreza S204 sitting there too. Gotta try me some of that rivals mode in the demo later.

How in the heck did you get a s204?

jcutner

alba said:
Add me to the club please!

alba | alba7

Just gotta wait for my LCE to show up now :)

is there another thread for us to sign up for the GAF car club?

if not - please add me as well! gamertag is 'supjcutner'

TomcatTheLion said:
Damn Amazon sold out of the LE again over night.

I knew I should have ordered it last night. >_<

I figured they would, glad I jumped in as soon as I saw they had it back up for sale.

All of the other stores are out of the LE AFAIK (Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy etc...)

MS store should still have copies of the LE for sale if you want to snag a copy....

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
rocksteady1983 said:
Wish they changed up the replay angles after 1 lap. Seeing the same angles time after time, lap after lap gets old. Oh well, minor gripe.

yeah. i've always wondered why there isnt a special "camera" in which the ai chooses the camera placement, possibly from a selection of choices, depending on the action that is taking place. would be cool to see full race replays where the camera would switch amongst various vehicles, including ai, during heated competition or passes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
m0dus said:
Still working on Car Club liveries here. I think I'm all ready for NeoGAF Cat and mouse.

except, I think a better name for the game would be "BANHAMMER"

Guess why . . . (and yes, the first car is placeholder until I get some MONEY)

CAT . . .
6218702583_a219308a61_b.jpg

6219223774_ee9e6f29a2_b.jpg

So, Do you think the "Bish" car should be a hummer or an F150? I'm trying to figure out which will be the most ominous . . .
oh dear God

I vote F150

The_Monk

Shortt Sirket said:
You have to install Disc 2 from the menu option in Disc 1. You can't just install it on the HD thru the dashboard. When you start up Disc 1, there will be an option that asks you if you want to install Disc 2.

Nice, thanks.

Top Bottom