• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Gek54

Was it ever confirmed that we can now disable that awkward pre-race sequence with the auto-revving?

Grassy

Gek54 said:
Was it ever confirmed that we can now disable that awkward pre-race sequence with the auto-revving?

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with it, I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to not let us choose our launch RPM :(

AMUSIX said:
How do the preorder car codes work? Say, from Amazon, do you get a separate email the day of release?

Yep.

Remember, I've got an STI code that I would gladly trade for a 1M Coupe if anyone is interested...

BTW, anyone done a comparison to see what cars from 3 didn't make the cut? So far I only see the BMW X5...but that was replaced with the X5 M.

Grassy

Hopefully we'll get a full car list in tomorrow's WIR, I hope there are some new cars we don't know about yet.

For those already ordered on Amazon, how do you change the shipping speed? When I click on change the shipping it only gives me 3-5, 2 day, overnight ... I have Prime too.

EDIT: NVM, somebody stated earlier (missed it) that it was a bug. I just emailed Amazon so hopefully they update it.

Grassy said:
Unfortunately I think we are stuck with it, I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to not let us choose our launch RPM :(
You can if you use the clutch*. I don't know why it's limited to that, though.

* I assume; haven't used the clutch in the FM4 demo because it'll be mapped to the silly LB instead of the right and proper A button.

Man, just played the demo again. I have to stop now as its gettng me too anxious to play the real deal now.

Love that I bought the Microsoft wheel eons ago prior to FM3. It's still a darn good wheel. I just cannot wait to play the full version of this game.

Dammit, now Amazon allows for release day shipping on LCE preorders.

I panicked a few days ago and in a moment of bad judgment moved my order to Gamestop. Might as well keep it there since I have the day off and can at least pick the game up in the morning; don't want to risk the delivery guy showing up late in the afternoon.

I'll probably be looking to trade my Alfa preorder code for an STI on launch day.

Xun

Great OT dude!

Speaking of the game I really wanted to pre-order this and get the incentives, but it's a shame I lack the money to do so at the moment.

so is stilvio pass in this game or was that home space just one big troll?

I kind of hope its some crazy "thanks for play this game a hell of a lot" unlockable like the x1 was in GT5

funkystudent said:
so is stilvio pass in this game or was that home space just one big troll?

I kind of hope its some crazy "thanks for play this game a hell of a lot" unlockable like the x1 was in GT5
CaveTroll1041_20pc.jpg

saladine1

G Rom said:
Wow, that sounds and looks incredible!
Overall, FM3 portrayed a sense of 'gaminess' when viewing replays or even racing for that matter......but not anymore. Now, it really does look like something you would watch on TV.

FM5 on Xbox 720........night,weather,IBL 2.0, Porsche, rally....hnngggggg..

skyfinch said:
Can anyone describe the quick race options? Are we able to pick the number of laps and ai cars?
While you're waiting for someone to answer check out the GiantBomb quick look of Forza 4. Skip to 40:43. The tweaking options for a quick race look pretty extensive.

skyfinch

VindictiveGnome said:
While you're waiting for someone to answer check out the GiantBomb quick look of Forza 4. Skip to 40:43. The tweaking options for a quick race look pretty extensive.

Meh, that's the same as FM3's mulitplayer race. You have to be a gold member to access those options. You're basically creating a private race.

Quick race is different. It was so bare bones in FM3.

skyfinch said:
Meh, that's the same as FM3's mulitplayer race. You have to be a gold member to access those options. You're basically creating a private race.

Quick race is different. It was so bare bones in FM3.
Ah, my bad. Hope you get an answer soon.

SarBear

Just curious, but regarding pre-order bonus cars:

I'm trying to scrap up enough cash to pre-order the game at Best Buy for the BMW 1M. Mainly because I am just wanting the bonus. Like Gamestop, is the exclusive car going to come on a card/slip separate from the game packaging? Or will they shrink wrap their own things onto the actual game? Therefore, rendering me returning the game to them shortly after completely ineffective.

Any insight appreciated.

Yoritomo

SarBear said:
Just curious, but regarding pre-order bonus cars:

I'm trying to scrap up enough cash to pre-order the game at Best Buy for the BMW 1M. Mainly because I am just wanting the bonus. Like Gamestop, is the exclusive car going to come on a card/slip separate from the game packaging? Or will they shrink wrap their own things onto the actual game? Therefore, rendering me returning the game to them shortly after completely ineffective.

Any insight appreciated.

Well lemme know if you do that since you won't need the Subaru anymore heh :)

mr stroke said:
never owned a wheel before and looking into one

checked the Xbox wireless one and its

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VBIGK4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$500 :eek:

Has it been discontinued? The only other one is the Mad Catz version.
The retail price on one of those a few years ago was around $120 I think. I bought a new one from Gamestop for near $120 a few years ago. I guess they don't make them anymore and that's why they're so expensive. It's a good wheel, but definitely don't spend $500 on one.

saladine1

I'm noticing that cars with 'special' or custom paints really enhance the effects of IBL. All those reflective pigments in the paint stand out compared to factory jobs.
Is that intentional you think?

Edit e.g-
6217680583_897d64c9e5_z_d.jpg

6218199828_a9d4c03b5e_z_d.jpg

6217680207_e52459a0ec_z_d.jpg

It's just so shiny and I want to eat that candy apple..

JEKKI

whoo~!! bought the special edition from NewEgg.

it's gonna suuuuuck waiting for it while yallz are playing!

mr stroke said:
never owned a wheel before and looking into one

checked the Xbox wireless one and its

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VBIGK4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$500 :eek:

Has it been discontinued? The only other one is the Mad Catz version.
The official wheel has been discontinued. Used ones shouldn't be too hard to find though.

Force feedback wheels currently for sale:

Fanatec CSR
Fanatec 911 GT2

Coming soon:

Mad Catz Wireless Force Feedback Wheel
Fanatec CSR Elite

There are several non-force feedback wheels out there, as well as the new Speed Wheel too.

mr stroke

Big Takeover said:
The official wheel has been discontinued. Used ones shouldn't be too hard to find though.

Force feedback wheels currently for sale:

Fanatec CSR
Fanatec 911 GT2

Coming soon:

Mad Catz Wireless Force Feedback Wheel
Fanatec CSR Elite

There are several non-force feedback wheels out there, as well as the new Speed Wheel too.

Ouch, those two are over $200 a piece. I am sure they are awesome, but are there any quality wheels that are $100 for the novice racer?

mr stroke said:
Ouch, those two are over $200 a piece. I am sure they are awesome, but are there any quality wheels that are $100 for the novice racer?
Unfortunately, there isn't any lower cost force feedback options for the 360.

My advice would be to skip anything non-force feedback, and either find a second hand official wheel, or go with a speed wheel.

EDIT: That Bish liv is out of control.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Yoritomo said:
You can get that wheel with cheaper standard pedals for 280.

I'm not a fan of the standard pedals though.

Here's the breakdown.

Wheel 249
CSP Pedals 199
Shifter set 59
Wheelstand 129

Maybe it's because lately I've been shopping around for an actual steering wheel upgrade for my car, but that's actually not too bad a price.

m0dus said:
So, Do you think the "Bish" car should be a hummer or an F150? I'm trying to figure out which will be the most ominous . . .

Ain't nothing scarier than a murdered out H1.

The Banhammermobile cannot be anything else.

legbone

VindictiveGnome said:
Deepdiscount has the LCE for $70. I've never purchased from them before.

Edit: And the standard edition is $53.

deepdiscount.com is a very reliable source. i used to buy dvds from them when they were deepdiscountdvd. they have the cheapest prices around (most of the time) and have really quick shipping. i would not hesitate to buy from them. back in the day they used to ship dvds so early that you would get them the friday before the tuesday of release. don't know if they still break street dates but they are a great company. just have to comparison shop because sometimes amazon will sell cheaper.

saladine1

m0dus said:
Still working on Car Club liveries here. I think I'm all ready for NeoGAF Cat and mouse.

except, I think a better name for the game would be "BANHAMMER"

Guess why . . . (and yes, the first car is placeholder until I get some MONEY)

CAT . . .

Meet MOUSE . . .

So, Do you think the "Bish" car should be a hummer or an F150? I'm trying to figure out which will be the most ominous . . .
Amazing!
The bigger the better, so Hummer.

legbone said:
deepdiscount.com is a very reliable source. i used to buy dvds from them when they were deepdiscountdvd. they have the cheapest prices around (most of the time) and have really quick shipping. i would not hesitate to buy from them. back in the day they used to ship dvds so early that you would get them the friday before the tuesday of release. don't know if they still break street dates but they are a great company. just have to comparison shop because sometimes amazon will sell cheaper.
I'd totally jump on it if I could use an Amazon giftcard. I'm getting the standard edition for $35 from Amazon. I wish Amazon would price match. $80 seems so expensive, but $70 sounds sooo much better. I wish I had nabbed the LCE when it was $60. I managed to grab the Batman: AA when it was $60 though.

saladine1

shinnn said:
omg... RX7 turbo sound

Fujimi

Catalunya
Wow, sounds like the HKS super sqv's.
So far I ahve heard 3 different BOV's/wastegate chatter effects. The stock sounds in the BMW,WRX, the ALMS car in the Road Atlanta video and now this.
Wisweeeeeeelllllll!!!!

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
Also, the AI seems to make mistakes more now than in F3. You can actually see them go into a corner too hot, or take a corner too wide. Makes for some pretty great "oh shit" moments.

Music to my ears! Thanks.

I can't believe the self-restraint I'm demonstrating at the moment. I haven't read any reviews, haven't watched any of the post-embargo videos and even stopped playing the demo a couple of days ago. When FM4 sits on my face next week I want it to smell of freshly-laundered linen, and not like it's just completed a hilly bike ride on a hot day.

But the fucking wait is KILLING me..!

AMUSIX

Too bad you don't live in San Diego, I could try to make that wait a bit shorter as a repayment for that rather creative and slightly disturbing image you've managed to produce...

Gowans

m0dus said:
Still working on Car Club liveries here. I think I'm all ready for NeoGAF Cat and mouse.

except, I think a better name for the game would be "BANHAMMER"

Guess why . . . (and yes, the first car is placeholder until I get some MONEY)

CAT . . .
6218702583_a219308a61_b.jpg

6219223774_ee9e6f29a2_b.jpg

Meet MOUSE . . .
6218702745_6e1fa8431a_b.jpg

6219223926_47b188e18b_b.jpg

Amazing m0dus! So good to be in the club, it's gona be some great Cat & Mouse.

Top Bottom