Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

sagi446 said:
Is the M1 really only available to people who pre-order? this is BS.

Also, no night racing = epic failure.
I wouldn't worry, Forza has a history of releasing these cars down the road as DLC.

Fantastic OT. This game is going to eat up the next year and a half of my life.
 
I don't get the demand for night racing. Sure, it would be nice to have and for certain a "because we can do it" feature, but I do not enjoy them in racing games. I like to see the tracks and cars. Mind you I am not a racing nut, but besides LeMans and the likes, I do not know any "official" night racing events. I can understand the demand for weather and different road surfaces, though.
 
Raudi said:
FYI: RELEASE DAY DELIVERY OPTION NOW AVAILABLE FOR AMAZON FM4 LCE ORDERS!

Go change your shipping speed now for any Amazon LCE orders!


They also have FM4 LCE in stock
whewww thanks for the heads up. I was busy trying to figure out alternative ways to get this game on release day rofl
 
derFeef said:
I don't get the demand for night racing. Sure, it would be nice to have and for certain a "because we can do it" feature, but I do not enjoy them in racing games. I like to see the tracks and cars. Mind you I am not a racing nut, but besides LeMans and the likes, I do not know any "official" night racing events. I can understand the demand for weather and different road surfaces, though.
I don't understand the demand for night races in Forza either, but I do in rally games such as DiRT 3. For some reason I just don't like the idea of night racing on pavement, but it sounds insanely fun on dirt. I do wish there was weather effects such as rain and snow. It would be cool to see how the rain changes the driving conditions.
 
eek5 said:
whewww thanks for the heads up. I was busy trying to figure out alternative ways to get this game on release day rofl
No Problem!

Between posting this on Gaf and fm.net I bet I just got Amazon quite a few pre-orders for the LCE! I wish I could get my copy early from them for all of the referrals - LOL
 
SCHUEY F1 said:
I have never really been a fan of night racing, so I'm not hurt about it not being in Forza 4.
If I want night racing, I can just go to my local road-course on Tuesday nights and race from dusk til dark. Forza 4 will do well to scratch my 'day-racing' itch.
 
i nerini del buio said:
eh, it would be cool if they added new tracks with different weather conditions via dlc
not going to happen though
Dan basically said that they have no wet tire data from pirelli so yeah it isn't happening.
 
BoobPhysics101 said:
Edit: nm, just preordered LCE from Amazon. I never buy "limited collector's editions" but Forza 4 is worth it for an extra $15

SWEET! I am cancelling my gamestop order then, I want the Subaru and a few weeks ago Amazon sold out of the collector's edition when I placed my order.

EDIT: RELEASE DAY SHIPPING IS NOW AN OPTION ALSO!!!
 
So do I need to make it known now that I want to join the GAF car club? Cuz I definitely want to be a part of it. I'm not a great painter or anything, but I'll be racing online a LOT.

Oh yea - fantastic OP. Hype levels nearing unhealthy levels....
 
If anyone is finding the game too dark and raising your brightness or gamma doesn't help, try settings your reference levels to the wrong value, say 16-235/limited and your display to 0-255/expanded. These give a much better base to work from and you may be surprised how much detail is lurking in the blackness.

This is at the expense of contrast and blacks admittedly but from there you can dial down brightness/contrast, alter gamma and maybe even increase saturation, this worked a treat in previous Forza games, I do the same for GT also.

Probably fuck up your photomodes though.
 
Seanspeed said:
So do I need to make it known now that I want to join the GAF car club? Cuz I definitely want to be a part of it. I'm not a great painter or anything, but I'll be racing online a LOT.

Oh yea - fantastic OP. Hype levels nearing unhealthy levels....
There will be plenty of car club room in a couple weeks when there are us few usual suspects rattling around in this thread. :)
 
Great thread OP! So with Dark Souls and SotC taking up all of my time I wasn't sure about buying this right away but then I remembered that I have $20 amazon credit, immediate erection followed. Forza 4 for $40 with release day delivery doesn't get any better.
 
just thought i would let everyone know that amazon is selling the lce again. i just preordered one with release date delivery. thought i had missed out on the limited edition but i was preordering skyrim and this popped up. i'm in the us by the way. so if you want the lce and don't want to go through the microsoft store, amazon has more now.

edit: wow, 5k? i just ordered one from amazon for the normal price. what the fuck is going on?

2nd edit: i was beaten, but i'm still thrilled that i got one from amazon. maybe i can sell it for 5k now! lol!
 

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Slow cars in rivals mode are the most rage inducing things ever.
Why must they always try and overtake each other in the narrowest sections.
 
legbone said:
just thought i would let everyone know that amazon is selling the lce again. i just preordered one with release date delivery. thought i had missed out on the limited edition but i was preordering skyrim and this popped up. i'm in the us by the way. so if you want the lce and don't want to go through the microsoft store, amazon has more now.

edit: wow, 5k? i just ordered one from amazon for the normal price. what the fuck is going on?
Thank you for the heads up. I had the standard version ordered on Amazon because I had some promo credit, but I canceled that and ordered the LCE with release day delivery.
 
blu said:
Two questions, how much is that wheel set up and why can't I have that? Oh yeah, I have no money. I am making it a goal that one day I will own that set up. That looks like a blast!

Edit: Seriously though, how much would a set up like that cost? I'm seriously interested in getting a wheel now.
 
*wakes up*

AWESOME OT!

Can't wait for this game, I have a feeling it will be my favourite racing game of all time.
Absolutely dying to get in on Photomode and start selling some liveries as well. I somehow finished in the top 1% of Forza 3 designers on the leaderboards so I'm looking forward to creating some new designs and freshening up some old ones :)

Count me in for the GAF club too, hopefully by the time us Aussies get the game there will be a few spots left.
 
VindictiveGnome said:
Well, you just brutally murdered my dreams.
You can get that wheel with cheaper standard pedals for 280.

I'm not a fan of the standard pedals though.

Here's the breakdown.

Wheel 249
CSP Pedals 199
Shifter set 59
Wheelstand 129




Instead of CSP pedals you can pick up
Standard Pedals 29
CSR Elite Pedals 159
CSR pedals (some unknown amount below 100 bucks.)
 
VindictiveGnome said:
Well, you just brutally murdered my dreams.
You can go after it piece by piece if you want to ease into it. Grab the wheel first and pick up the standard pedals, the paddles are really, really nice on the CSR. Then you can grab the Shifter set and the CSR pedals down the road :)


G Rom can you hook me up with a .gif of that from 24-32? :D I'll buy you a car in-game or something hehe.
 
Yoritomo said:
You can get that wheel with cheaper standard pedals for 280.

I'm not a fan of the standard pedals though.

Here's the breakdown.

Wheel 249
CSP Pedals 199
Shifter set 59
Wheelstand 129




Instead of CSP pedals you can pick up
Standard Pedals 29
CSR Elite Pedals 159
CSR pedals (some unknown amount below 100 bucks.)
Easing into it would be the only way to go. I really regret selling my MS wheel. I could have used that until I got enough money to upgrade. Perhaps building that PC can wait...

Thanks for the info Jube3 and Yoritomo.
 
Ordered the Limited Collectors Edition and the Wireless Speed Wheel after playing the demo. I have never purchased a racing game before, and I'm only a casual admirer of racing and cars and have a million games to play right now. THE DEMO IS THAT GOOD.

The presentation, the visuals, the feel of the tires on the asphalt and others physical aspects, the sound of the engines, the music... wow, it's all so sublime. I mostly suck at it (most of the assists off) but when I do pull of a segment nicely, the huge smile on my face says it all. I have 3 close xbox live friends who immediately decided to purchase the game too after playing the demo, they usually don't buy racing games either and they're always avoiding buying games other than the main releases of the year (halo, gears).

Great OT, first one I've actually read completely in a long time. Menu voice control is a really nice surprise, kinect air steering with 2 players too, that should be fun with visits. I was already looking forward to headtracking.