• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

c0de

I am waiting for a wall of text why the game looks bad to give my final judgement about the game's graphics.

Watched the gif over and over. And didn't get the point about the cars behind the hill until someone pointed it out.

Silly old fool I am.

Izuna

Banned
I can't wait for this goddamn demo.

Who the fuck releases shit at the beginning of the evening? Some of us have a life to live ffs.

I'm mostly wanting this for the benchmarking love it will get. In for 1440p 100hz pls.

xrnzaaas

Me too.

As an xbone owner I'm not sure what the big draws are for this new installment. Everything seems focused on the XoX

Yeah it bothers me that all youtubers and streamers who got the XONE X to play (promote) the game were probably instructed to use only this new console even if they already own a standard model (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked to feature rain/dynamic tod races ;)). At least we're getting a demo so there will be plenty of original/S model footage (well as much as the demo allows).

DarkestHour

Banned
Looks like bumper cars in a lot of these videos. Haven't played Forza (outside of Horizon) since Xbox 360. Is this what the game has become?

Daffy Duck

Looks like bumper cars in a lot of these videos. Haven't played Forza (outside of Horizon) since Xbox 360. Is this what the game has become?

Yeah, the footage so far is pretty bad driving standard wise.

Yeah it bothers me that all youtubers and streamers who got the XONE X to play (promote) the game were probably instructed to use only this new console even if they already own a standard model (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked to feature rain/dynamic tod races ;)). At least we're getting a demo so there will be plenty of original/S model footage (well as much as the demo allows).

Are all these YouTube videos from random YouTubers, and were they just given Scorpios to play on which they have to return?

jediyoshi

Maple Valley in the rain <3

DangerousLightGemsbuck.gif

Why does the rain there look so different from here?

https://youtu.be/vmsNpvrJj50?t=805

xrnzaaas

Are all these YouTube videos from random YouTubers, and were they just given Scorpios to play on which they have to return?

It's my assumption they were given the XONE X consoles since they're not out yet. ;) If there's a youtuber here please correct me if I'm wrong (like if this is some pre-recorded conference footage).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yup. They contain cars/badges/mods/driver gear

Only purchasable with in-game credits though, so they're not microtransactions

Was just about to post this.

They'll probably still have "Tokens" though, those are the microtransactions.

xrnzaaas

Those "loot boxes" were already in Forza 6, and it was up to you to use it or not, you could have some advantages with mods, or some disadvantages but more money/XP, but only in the career.

If I remember right (I ignore these things ;)) in Forza 6 you only had mod packs you could buy (aside from using the tokens). In Horizon 3 you had wheelspins and they offered more variety what you could get.

If I remember right (I ignore these things ;)) in Forza 6 you only had mod packs you could buy (aside from using the tokens). In Horizon 3 you had wheelspins and they offered more variety what you could get.

There were wheelspins in Forza 6 too, which give you money or mods.

Don't know if these have been posted already but a few previews I've seen on Twitter

Rectify Gaming
PREVIEW: Forza Motorsport 7 is the Biggest, Best, and Most Badass Forza Game Yet
https://rectifygaming.com/preview-forza-7/

Gamespot
Forza Motorsport 7's First Career Races In 4K Video
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/f...3adb&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Jeuxvideo
Forza Motorsport 7: preview of the first 5 minutes of the game, in 4K and 60 FPS
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/71446...-premieres-minutes-du-jeu-en-4k-et-60-fps.htm

CNET
Here's everything I learned playing Forza Motorsport 7
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...laying-forza-motorsport-7-for-the-xbox-one-x/

Xbox Achievements
Forza Motorsport 7 Xbox One X Rainy Gameplay: Suzuka Circuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvwkSBg398&feature=youtu.be

Yup I know. Was in NFS Shift too.

I think assists shouldn't be part of the bonus system at all. After all they are part of real racing - look at GT3 for example. And so a more realistic experience is having assists where they really are used. And many cars today have performance that is only possible because of assists - making them still seem like training wheels is ignoring how they are used in modern hypercars.

That's why I like PCars approach of having a "real" setting for assists.

As someone who has no idea about cars but plays FH3 with all assists off, what exactly is a real setting for assists. I guess every car made in the last 20 years or so features ABS? What else?

danowat

Banned
As someone who has no idea about cars but plays FH3 with all assists off, what exactly is a real setting for assists. I guess every car made in the last 20 years or so features ABS? What else?

Things like GT3 cars having traction control, and some other cars having a layer of stability control etc.

Fox Mulder

Drivatars are trash even on unbeatable and online races are a shit show. The game encourages horrible racing really.

xrnzaaas

Can you turn that "Press Y to Rewind" off? It pops up after every little bump.

Every Forza game has this, along with press LT to brake and press RT to accelerate. It's always annoying to finish the "prologue" before you can turn off all the hints and tutorials. ;)

Fox Mulder

Every Forza game has this, along with press LT to brake and press RT to accelerate. It's always annoying to finish the "prologue" before you can turn off all the hints and tutorials. ;)

I hate the stupid first race, auto braking full assists on shit. Horizon does it too. It's for the dumb masses, but it should scan save the Forza rewards profile or something to tell I've played Forza for 10+ years.

m23

Am I the only one excited to see the intro video? Forza 4 had an amazing introduction from what I remember.

The fact that Maple Valley and Suzuka are back were enough to convince me to get FM7. Anything else is a bonus. I mean, it's Forza...

Top Bottom