• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield open spoilers thread

M.W.

Come here to get all the shit spoiled. Post your own when you come across them. Let's do this!

Plot: Of course, you're working your way to the center of the universe.

Main menu below:

03suoxrvdqib1.jpg

There's 79 tracks in the game:

01 - Into the Starfield (Main Theme).mp3

02 - Planetrise.mp3

03 - Go Steady, Go Safe.mp3

04 - Fleet Scum.mp3

05 - First Flight.mp3

06 - The Sol System.mp3

07 - New Atlantis.mp3

08 - Peaks and Valleys.mp3

09 - Starlight Far from Home.mp3

10 - Fine Work Under Pressure.mp3

11 - Navigator Corps.mp3

12 - The Safety of the Citizens.mp3

13 - The Mountain Builders.mp3

14 - Triumvirate.mp3

15 - Ancient Forces .mp3

16 - Exploration I - Home Planets.mp3

17 - Constellations.mp3

18 - Akila City.mp3

19 - Freestar.mp3

20 - The Red Land.mp3

21 - You Make Your Cut, You Get Your Cut.mp3

22 - Cutthroats.mp3

23 - The Eye.mp3

24 - Long Shadows.mp3

25 - A Home Among the Stars.mp3

26 - Field of Vision.mp3

27 - Within the Walls.mp3

28 - Deep Time.mp3

29 - The New Old Frontier.mp3

30 - The Rock.mp3

31 - The World Machine.mp3

32 - Exploration II - The Hills and the Mountains.mp3

33 - Protector.mp3

34 - The Last Explorers.mp3

35 - Field Agent.mp3

36 - In Silent Orbit.mp3

37 - Cydonia.mp3

38 - Trace.mp3

39 - Tectonics.mp3

40 - Dispatched.mp3

41 - Sublevels.mp3

42 - Hardness Scales.mp3

43 - Heliosphere.mp3

44 - Death and Crimson.mp3

45 - Abandoned.mp3

46 - Chamber.mp3

47 - Supra et Ultra.mp3

48 - Echo Marker.mp3

49 - Exploration III - Explorers Club.mp3

50 - Defender.mp3

51 - Weapons to Bear.mp3

52 - The Ghosts of Science.mp3

53 - Ecliptic.mp3

54 - Decay Heat.mp3

55 - Neon.mp3

56 - Rook.mp3

57 - Exploration IV - Vulcanism.mp3

58 - Core Sample.mp3

59 - Tenacity of Life.mp3

60 - Wrecked Tech.mp3

61 - Canopy.mp3

62 - Spacers.mp3

63 - Understory.mp3

64 - Exploration V - Evergreen.mp3

65 - Guardian.mp3

66 - Stars and Sacrifice.mp3

67 - Under a Distant Sun.mp3

68 - Roughneck High-Tech.mp3

69 - Badlanders.mp3

70 - Exploration VI - Strange Sands.mp3

71 - Moonbase.mp3

72 - Boarded!.mp3

73 - Snowball.mp3

74 - Aurora.mp3

75 - Deep Freeze.mp3

76 - Exploration VII - The Ice Lands.mp3

77 - Nobody's Home.mp3

78 - Exploration VIII - The Far Reaches.mp3

79 - A Home in the Galaxy.mp3

Starfield Achievements

A Legacy Forged – Complete "A Legacy Forged"
All That Money Can Buy – Complete "All That Money Can Buy"
Entangled – Complete "Entangled"
Executive Level – Complete "Executive Level"
Further Into the Unknown – Complete "Further Into the Unknown"
Guilty Parties – Complete "Guilty Parties"
High Price to Pay – Complete "High Price to Pay"
In Their Footsteps – Complete "In Their Footsteps"
Into the Unknown – Complete "Into the Unknown"
Legacy's End – Complete "Legacy's End"
One Giant Leap – Complete "One Giant Leap"
Surgical Strike – Complete "Surgical Strike"
The Best There Is – Complete "The Best There Is"
The Devils You Now – Complete "The Devils You Know"
The Hammer Falls – Complete "The Hammer Falls"
Unearthed – Complete "Unearthed"
Dust Off – Reach Level 5
Traveler – Reach Level 10
Elite – Reach Level 25
Space Opera – Reach Level 50
Reach for the Stars – Reach Level 100
Back to the Grind – Join Ryujin Industries
Deputized – Join the Freestar Rangers
One Small Step – Join Constellation
Rook Meets King – Join the Crimson Fleet
Supra et Ultra – Join the UC Vanguard
For All, Into the Starfield – Enter Space for the First Time
Home Sweet Home – Build an Outpost
Shipping Magnate – Connect 5 Outposts with Cargo Links
I Use Them For Smuggling – Successfully Smuggle Contraband
Chief Engineer – Modify a Ship
Fleet Commander – Collect 10 Ships
Another Bug Hunt – Eliminate 300 Creatures
Boots on the Ground – Land on 100 Planets
The Stars My Destination – Visit all Star Systems
Stellar Cartography – Visit 20 Star Systems
Cyber Jockey – Bypass 50 Digital Locks
Dark Matter – Eliminate 300 Human Enemies
Fixer – Complete 30 Activities
Privateer – Complete 30 Terminal or Misc. Missions
INdustrialist – Produce 500 Total Resources from Outposts
Jacked In – Access 50 Computers
Life Begate Life – Gather 500 Organic Resources
Replicator – Craft 100 Items
Rock Collection – Gather 500 Inorganic Resources
Soldier of Fortune – Mod 50 Weapons
Thirst for Knowledge – Read 20 Skill Magazines
War of Angels – Collect 20 Quantum Essence
The Family You Choose – Recruit 10 Separate Companions
Starcrossed – Reach Maximum Relationship Level with a Companion

Last edited:

M.W.

Sum random leaks, impressions.

1. it's more rdr2 than skyrim. Very immersive life sim style, although you can pick a more adventurous path if you wish
2. The Alien DNA trait you saw in trailers means you can merge your DNA with aliens to gain additional abilities e.g. increased health and oxygen.
3. It is similar to BG3 in the sense that you can have companions and befriend and romance them.
4. mining is actually kinda fun
5. RDR 2 like bounties
6. Yeah its very life sim style e.g. pay mortgage, consequences for breaking law. You can tell devs are just taking the piss with some of it, like paying for parents retirement.
8. NPCs are fun to talk to, you can have conversations with them
9. comfy game, especially in the resource management portion
10. You can explore entire planets
11. You can fly between planets (piloting the ship) and moons but it does the landing for you
12. Flight sim style space flight
13. Perk skill checks
14. gunplay is much improved
15. 8th gen i5 and a 6600xt on medium settings runs the game above 60 force

simpatico

I still don’t understand the “entire planets” thing. What size are these planets? I mean the biggest gaming maps of all time aren’t even as big as a small state. Are we talking Mario Galaxy sized planets? Even if a planet was the size of AC Odyssey, the curvature of a planet that size would feel and look like Mario Galaxy

zeldaring

Banned
Impressions sounds really good and if thr combat is fun it would extremely rare for a open that does everything.

Guilty_AI

I still don’t understand the “entire planets” thing. What size are these planets? I mean the biggest gaming maps of all time aren’t even as big as a small state.
Procedural generation, and yes, we do have insanely big maps in games that can reach the size of celestial bodies.... with procedural generation.

simpatico

Procedural generation, and yes, we do have insanely big maps in games that can reach the size of celestial bodies.... with procedural generation.
I guess that means randomized loot and NPC encounters. I hope they can make it interesting. The great thing about TES and Fallout was the crafted nature of the open world. Knowing you might stumble upon something special. Somehow I missed Bethesda talking about their procedural generation system. I think it would have to be pretty advanced for it to work like their older games do.

M.W.

I guess that means randomized loot and NPC encounters. I hope they can make it interesting. The great thing about TES and Fallout was the crafted nature of the open world. Knowing you might stumble upon something special. Somehow I missed Bethesda talking about their procedural generation system. I think it would have to be pretty advanced for it to work like their older games do.

There's hand crafted things that will appear on every planet as you explore.

simpatico

There's hand crafted things that will appear on every planet as you explore.
Planets are pretty big. I reckon you could fit every open world game, all the GTA's, AssCreed, TES, Fallout etc, easily inside of Texas. I doubt it would even take up 25% of Texas. Earth is what? 800x the size of Texas? I hope the rumors of "entire planets" being explorable are false. There's no way they could keep the quality high enough.

StereoVsn

1. it's more rdr2 than skyrim. Very immersive life sim style, although you can pick a more adventurous path if you wish
2. The Alien DNA trait you saw in trailers means you can merge your DNA with aliens to gain additional abilities e.g. increased health and oxygen.
3. It is similar to BG3 in the sense that you can have companions and befriend and romance them.
5. RDR 2 like bounties
6. Yeah its very life sim style e.g. pay mortgage, consequences for breaking law. You can tell devs are just taking the piss with some of it, like paying for parents retirement.
11. You can fly between planets (piloting the ship) and moons but it does the landing for you
13. Perk skill checks
Well, shit, that sounds pretty great. Throw in some mods andots and lots of possibilities. Now to ignore this thread, lol.

StereoVsn

Planets are pretty big. I reckon you could fit every open world game, all the GTA's, AssCreed, TES, Fallout etc, easily inside of Texas. I doubt it would even take up 25% of Texas. Earth is what? 800x the size of Texas? I hope the rumors of "entire planets" being explorable are false. There's no way they could keep the quality high enough.
I also really wish Bethesda included vehicles for planet exploration. ME Mako with better controls would be quite good for that.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

5. RDR 2 like bounties
13. Perk skill checks
2x too many rdr2 mentions…I’m out. Fuck all that real life sim BS. I play video games to escape real life.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
2x too many rdr2 mentions…I’m out. Fuck all that real life sim BS. I play video games to escape real life.
It’s kind of direction most western devs are going with their games.

They want getaway from their games feeling “gamey” which in my opinion not positive. I like my games to be gamey and I don’t need any of realism crap in order to feel immersed.

5. RDR 2 like bounties
13. Perk skill checks
Flight sim esque space flight? I hope not too much

T0minator

I still don’t understand the “entire planets” thing. What size are these planets? I mean the biggest gaming maps of all time aren’t even as big as a small state. Are we talking Mario Galaxy sized planets? Even if a planet was the size of AC Odyssey, the curvature of a planet that size would feel and look like Mario Galaxy

That's what I'm saying, is there a planet like earth with all kinds of terrain, buildings, weather changes. It seems so far from what's been shown each planet has their own weather conditions not much varies within a single planet. To walk around a single planet would take years, not to mention 1000 planets.

If the majority of planets are empty and just resources to mine idk how I feel about that

ARK1391

That's what I'm saying, is there a planet like earth with all kinds of terrain, buildings, weather changes. It seems so far from what's been shown each planet has their own weather conditions not much varies within a single planet. To walk around a single planet would take years, not to mention 1000 planets.

If the majority of planets are empty and just resources to mine idk how I feel about that
I'm assuming it will be very similar to what NMS has in terms of size of planets and a single biome each.

They already confirmed only 100 of the 1,000 planets have "life". What counts as a planet having life though is anyone's guess. Does a planet with only creatures count? Does that mean 100 planets have cities? Or does 5 NPC's in an outpost count as that planet having life?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

5. RDR 2 like bounties
13. Perk skill checks
giphy.gif

Dunnas

I'm assuming it will be very similar to what NMS has in terms of size of planets and a single biome each.

They already confirmed only 100 of the 1,000 planets have "life". What counts as a planet having life though is anyone's guess. Does a planet with only creatures count? Does that mean 100 planets have cities? Or does 5 NPC's in an outpost count as that planet having life?
Life refers to wildlife, not people. If people were included then every planet (well maybe there are some that are too unsuited) would have life since mines, forts, etc with people can be procedurally added on any planet.

ARK1391

Life refers to wildlife, not people. If people were included then every planet (well maybe there are some that are too unsuited) would have life since mines, forts, etc with people can be procedurally added on any planet.
I highly doubt there are people on more than 100 planets. I don't see how they would not include human NPC's or even aliens in the term "life".

Dutchy

Very generic looking main menu. They even got the placeholder for ads. Did not expect that. Was hoping for something a bit more enchanting.

Not a big fan of the story details either. I know that humanity has settled in space for a while but I was hoping for all the extraterrestrial stuff to be a bit more end-game and with a more appropriate response instead of ''you gotta collect alien upgrades to become stronger''. Being the dragonborn in a confined space where magic was already established as a main driving force behind that world felt a lot more believable. There seem to be only very few games that do a good job of properly depicting the discovery of life outside earth.

Still gonna play the shit out of this tho

Dunnas

I highly doubt there are people on more than 100 planets. I don't see how they would not include human NPC's or even aliens in the term "life".
There are handcrafted elements such as mines, bandit hideouts, forts, etc. that are procedurally added to areas near where you land on a planet. This will mean that yes, you can come across people on planets where there is no native wildlife. and there should be far more than 100 planets where you can come across people as a result. That is not what they are counting though when they said about 100 planets with Life. That would be planets with native fauna and flora where you can discover all of them to complete missions and earn money.

peish

how is the third person camera and controls?
fps rpg suck for rpg exploration with low fov and gun in your front bit

It’s kind of direction most western devs are going with their games.

They want getaway from their games feeling “gamey” which in my opinion not positive. I like my games to be gamey and I don’t need any of realism crap in order to feel immersed.
No offense but speak for yourself. I'll never be able to simulate being a space cowboy. There's enough fun factor here too it sounds like. Guess people like me will be eating good baby

Top Bottom