• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

derFeef

They kind of said that.

8KAih6q.png

Yummy. Those roads will be GLORIOUS!

GlamFM

Banned
I really hope they've done a lot of development on that Forza 5 engine. Driveclub has raised the bar relative to lighting.

I hope the comparison to Driveclub wont dominate the discussion when the time comes.

Open world vs. closed circuit

Apples & Oranges...

Sounds good. I thought based on earlier concept art it was located in the Southern States of the US not Europe. Sort of rather it be in Europe anyway so the change is good.

On a side note, hopefully it's a highly adapted version of the Forza 5 engine, as technically and graphically speaking, F5's engine isn't exactly particularly forward thinking or advanced.

Forza 5 is a launch game actually locked at 60fps with 1080p and MSAA2x (which is probably a higher setup than any other next gen game), and even so it was a launch game I'm not sure it got surpassed on the visual side to any other 1080p/60 fps game. You can try downplaying it's strengths, but the result is impressive.

Raven77

It was. It has already been stated. Hence why the main team is working on the XB1 version.

Ahh, well in that case, awesome!

Yeah I edited my original post, didn't want to put any more fire into that argument nor did I want to offend Helios, it's very cool of them to be on here with us.

jem0208

Thanks man that's what I couldn't remember. MLB the Show is probably the only Playstation cross-gen game. Though its not really surprising since I think they have a MLB 2012 ps2 game.

Naw I think its more of a PR schedule thing from the way Helios said that.

Yeah, I'm hoping it is. Still, a little hint would be nice :p

ShamePain

Banned
I really hope they've done a lot of development on that Forza 5 engine. Driveclub has raised the bar relative to lighting.

Always the graphics talk. Everyone is forgetting the Evo's last game was released in early 2011 and PG's in late 2012. DC took 2 years longer to make, virtually double the time that Forza teams have. And yet still FH2 has at least 5 times the amount of cars...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I hope the comparison to Driveclub wont dominate the discussion when the time comes.

Open world vs. closed circuit

Apples & Oranges...

As others have said. You know it will. It's inevitable.

I hope no one who is complaining about cross gen ever complained that MS abandoned the 360.
MS simply can't win in this situation.

Before we've even seen the game, people are imply that it's gimped by there being a last-gen version. If MS had made it an Xbox One-only game, we'd have had "abandoning the 360!" posts instead.

I don't really understand posts like this, for example: -

Raven77 said:
I didn't buy a new console to play high-res, better textured versions of last-gen games.
If there wasn't a 360 version, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Xbox One version would be any better than it's going to be.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I do not believe there would be a single person talking about abandoning the 360 if this was announced Xbox One exclusive...

People post about Forza in the Driveclub threads?

Forza, Project CARS, Gran Turismo, any game that features a car and runs at 60fps.

Kayant

Forza 5 is a launch game actually locked at 60fps with 1080p and MSAA2x (which is probably a higher setup than any other next gen game), and even so it was a launch game I'm not sure it got surpassed on the visual side to any other 1080p/60 fps game. You can try downplaying it's strengths, but the result is impressive.

I don't think Forza 5 had that much of an effective aa solution seeing as that was one of the complains about the game

Even running at full HD, Forza 5's image suffers for the lack of an effective anti-aliasing method, meaning the game gives us a crisp, but ultimately raw end result. There's evidence of a post-process solution in effect, where light shaded gradients appear between each stair-step of banner lines passing overhead, and the jagged edges are partly obscured by the game's use of depth-of-field and per-object motion blur.

Please don't let it be Bluepoint working on the 360 version.

I need my Vita ports

Looool

Andodalf

Banned
Hey everybody who is disappointed about it being cross gen, didn't it leak that Halo Anniversary might be cross gen?

So like MLB the Show and Smash Bros, then.

I think Forza has a little more selling power then MLB The Show. Console owners who primarily only buy sports titles are less inclined to buy a new console for the next year of their game, just look at Madden sales at the time of the PS3/X360 launch.

MS needs to move their new console, by making a big IP like this available on their old platform X360 users who don't have a Xbox One yet will see no motivation to upgrade.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Forza 5 runs at twice the framerate of Driveclub.

It's all a moving target anyway. Arguably FH2 would be a good comparison to driveclub as they are likely to both be 30fps. But then FH2 has the advantage of tweaking the F5 engine so might be some improvements vs driveclub 'still kind of a launch game'. And the again FH2 is open world (assumed) so that brings its own challenges vs a closed course with driveclub. And weather.

So even FH2 and DC won't be directly comparable. Not that it'll stop people of course :)

Pretty sure this will be a 30fps game on XB1 but I don't really care. The first Horizon was 30fps as well and it was a brilliantly fun arcade racer

Toss in FM5 engine, new vistas and some new effects and I'm already sold

Edit: Also, lol @ comparisons to DriveClub, totally different games

Bgamer90

Banned
I think Forza has a little more selling power then MLB The Show. Console owners who primarily only buy sports titles are less inclined to buy a new console for the next year of their game, just look at Madden sales at the time of the PS3/X360 launch.

MS needs to move their new console, by making a big IP like this available on their old platform X360 users who don't have a Xbox One yet will see no motivation to upgrade.

No, sim sports games are far more popular than racers... Especially a racer of Forza Horizon 2's nature. Also, many sports gamers buy new consoles early due to sports games usually showing big graphical differences between both gens early (as can be seen with NBA 2K14).

Again, we aren't talking about a Motorsport game. We are talking about Horizon. It wasn't going to be a big system seller either way.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Please don't let it be Bluepoint working on the 360 version.

I need my Vita ports

They did an interview a few weeks/months ago, basically they're tied up with Titanfall patches until the end of the year. :( (that's how it came across anyways)

ShamePain

Banned
But then FH2 has the advantage of tweaking the F5 engine so might be some improvements vs driveclub 'still kind of a launch game'.
Evo had almost 4 years to make DC, PG only had 2. Also it's on the more powerful hardware, closed circuit and doesn't have weather.

nib95

Banned

fasTRapid

Banned
Wow I remember how tons of people were saying MS was going to drop 360 support and they were bastards for it. Now that they aren't doing that people are complaining about cross gen.
They've dropped the 360 support about 2 years ago. You can see what cross-gen development gets us in Watch Dogs, Battlefield 3/4 and the like.

Hyped for the gameplay at E3. Hoped we'd see a teaser today like for the first one but it's just one week, so that's excusable. I can already see the Driveclub comparisons, though.

Man this is sad. While XB1's fall lineup continues to grow and expand, PS4's only weakens.

Nice to see Microsoft is truly dedicated to truly delivering on giving gamers consistent quality content.

Sony needs to step its game up.
Interesting... what does Sony have to do with this thread?

I wonder if we'll see like for like Xbox One/360 media. Bet we don't.

Titanfall 360 was hidden from sight until the last possible moment.

Developers rarely make a habit of showing off the uglier looking versions of their games. As it was explained a hundred times, Titanfall was not some anomaly in reference to them hiding the 360 version. The anomalys are the ones that do give us like for like comparisons.

Vinc

I guess it's possible that H2A will be cross-gen now... this is just weird. Primary purpose of first party games is to sell hardware.

Gritesh

Sorry if it's been discussed but is this the big e3 exclusive ms had lined up as per the other thread?

Nevermind read: third party

Top Bottom